2CV Parts Buyer Beware
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JBN

Thread: 2CV Parts Buyer Beware

Tadpole

Default 2CV Parts Buyer Beware

I only look on forums on an irregular basis, but I thought this subject might be of interest to those who purchase parts overseas,

This is briefly MY experience of dealing with 2CV Shop in the UK.
    In my opinion the impression of the size and activity of the business as given by the web site far exceeds the actual workings of the business. The web design and supposed activities within the business relies heavily on the site of https://www.mehariclub.com/fr/ where his parts are supposed to be sourced.

I agreed with him on the parts to be supplied and paid for them. When I phoned re the non supply of order and to complain after delivery regarding some parts that had been supplied …… the “receptionist” always had a reason as to why it was not possible to speak to him.

I do not believe I gave him any reason to take this attitude.
    If I had been allowed to speak to him after the order arrived he would indeed have a different opinion on my temperament.
    If anybody does what to contact me 0488572195

It gets switched on sometimes (modern mass media is not on my must have, must do list).

Advertisement

Andrew J

JBN

Andrew, the best site for 2CV parts is Der Franzose in Germany. Burton is another very good site, and they have very good shock absorbers for sale (based on the discontinued Lipmesa brand and built to the same specifications. Der Franzose send you a big thick catalogue with each order. They ship via DHL. Typically very good German efficiency. I don't go near the French at Club Cassis. Too much hassle particularly if you don't speak French. I gave up on ECAS in the UK many years ago.

John
    Winkbul45 likes this.

Tadpole

Thanks John for the comments. I haven't used Der Franzose yet. I have been buying from Burton Cars for a while and they have been good. Burtons couldn't supply what I wanted, so because 2CV Shop had, through their agency with Club Cassis, the part I did an order through them ....last one. ECAS used to be okay but I stopped dealing there. I would put an order in but he failed to supply freight cost so I could finalize even after asking again. Tried Cassis but they love their own language, though I think their web site has just changed so it might be they are accepting orders in English.

Andrew

Fellow Frogger!

I totally agree with you John. The last 2CV catalogue I got has about 900 pages.
    Herman

If you ring ECAS and speak to Roy he is very helpful and obliging. As ther website says the freight is calculated incorrectly to Oz so easiest to ring them

Sent from my iPhone using aussiefrogs

Thread Information