battery replacement c5 2.0 hdi
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default battery replacement c5 2.0 hdi

Can anyone help restore my electric functions on my skip i fitted a new battery andiit's all gone to pot
    the auto headlights are now manual and you can only close the window if you are inside with your finger on the switch no great hardship i know but when you've had it you don't want to loose it 😥

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

You may have to elaborate,over here a skip is a bug metal box you put rubbish in ,sounds like you may have to plug it into a computer and tell it you want those features back .pugs

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by normal George View Post
    Can anyone help restore my electric functions on my skip i fitted a new battery andiit's all gone to pot
    the auto headlights are now manual and you can only close the window if you are inside with your finger on the switch no great hardship i know but when you've had it you don't want to loose it ��
    Hi normal George! Good name!
    There is "normally" a chapter in the handbook which shows you the procedure for "re-initializing the windows settings." What year is your car?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Was that a new battery was fitted in the plip? We just call that the remote entry control over here and I have not had much luck fixing these items over here. I am very lucky to have a Xantia Activa that has one that is still working 20 years on - fingers crossed, touch wood and all that.

Cheers, Ken

Hi, You don't mention why you changed the battery and am assuming that you have fitted a new as in brand new fully charged one.

C5s are very intolerant of any battery/electrical problem even momentary low voltages, not just engine starting but radiator fans cutting can cause corruption of the BSI. A good battery provides a buffer against this, providing all the battery cables/connections are sound.

Removal and refitting of a good battery does not usually cause any problem providing this is done with a gap of a few minutes.

There is a procedure for a BSI reset and suggest you do this before anything else it has been tabled here a number of times and I believe it can be downloaded here and should resolve your problem and certainly should be tried before going the diagnostic route.

Please post the fix when you have resolved it.

For the S1 C5 usually disconnect old battery leave for 15- 20mins.
    Install new and wait for all the ECUs to boot up.
    Windows hold down until reaches the bottom and hold another 10sec this is sometimes required?
    Auto wipers and lights may need to be reset as per owners manual.

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thread Information