Citroen 100 year website
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default Citroen 100 year website

I may be late to the party....

but i stumbled onto this website tonight

CitroŽn Origins - From 1919 to today, discover exceptional models that make CitroŽn's history

it takes ages to load, depending on your internet connection

but there is a bit of fun to be had here

it is from Citroen in France but is global in its reach

there is a little potted history of every model ever released

you can add a photo of your own car to their map of where there are Citroens all over the world

it takes a bit of fiddling but enjoy !

Advertisement

cheers

jon

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for the "heads up".
    It is a bit slow loading. Only the most brief references to first generation C5, as both the precurser to the X7 shape and successor to the Xantia.

It will be interesting to follow over time to see if owners of old and forgotten Citroens post pictures from all parts of the world.

I have recently discovered Facebook groups for Hydropneumatics in general, DS and GS, which include parts requests.

Hello, wasn't this the site that left out the DS? Caused a bit of a stink
    Last edited by badabec; 5th January 2019 at 10:06 AM.

UFO

So often websites and communications in general from French websites are, at best, random. I don't think France has ever got over the demise of Videotex
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by UFO View Post
    So often websites and communications in general from French websites are, at best, random. I don't think France has ever got over the demise of Videotex
    Minitel was big in France then, and still expanding when the internet appeared.
    I always noticed French websites being slow when viewed from Australia, but when I was in France a few years ago, the connections there are quite quick within the country. So is it a case of some countries being privileged when it comes to infrastucture and others not, probably boiling down to $$$ changing hands.....has to be, surely....funny thing is Australian sites visited when in France are also slow....so it must be the transfer of data between the countries that is the cause.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    Minitel was big in France then, and still expanding when the internet appeared.
    I always noticed French websites being slow when viewed from Australia, but when I was in France a few years ago, the connections there are quite quick within the country. So is it a case of some countries being privileged when it comes to infrastucture and others not, probably boiling down to $$$ changing hands.....has to be, surely....funny thing is Australian sites visited when in France are also slow....so it must be the transfer of data between the countries that is the cause.
    Fair enough - perhaps the priority on pathways between countries that don't communicate in the same language is not as high priority as common languages?

And yes Minitel is the other one - couldn't remember it. I have had French people tell me how "fantastique" it was.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information