What to do with a Canberra C4 that can't be repaired
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default What to do with a Canberra C4 that can't be repaired

My 2008 C4 HDi 85th Anniversary was involved in a single vehicle accident. It hit a bank and rolled. Front, particularly the left is extensively damaged. It has only 150K on it, and everything was working. A new turbo recently. Airbags didn't deploy. I am not able to wreck it. What advice for getting maximum dollars for it as is where is (Hume yard) please.

Advertisement

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sherwood View Post
    My 2008 C4 HDi 85th Anniversary was involved in a single vehicle accident. It hit a bank and rolled. Front, particularly the left is extensively damaged. It has only 150K on it, and everything was working. A new turbo recently. Airbags didn't deploy. I am not able to wreck it. What advice for getting maximum dollars for it as is where is (Hume yard) please.
    Why can you not wreck it?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Fellow Frogger

Unless you can find a person who wants it for spares via a classified listing (here, eBay, Gumtree) or can remove a few key parts such as the turbo, you fall back to the usual salvage options via an insurer or selling it yourself if an insurer was not involved.

Tadpole

Sorry, may have been ambiguous. I mean that I can not handle the wrecking of it myself.

When you say Hume Yard do you me a Tow Company Yard? if yes, normal practice is for them to charge storage and again normally the car won't be released until this is paid.

Was there an insurance claim? is the insurer going to claim the wreck ? this will depend on the policy.

A little more information might enable someone to offer more specific advice, as wreck it will not be worth much.
    My experience with wrecked Citroens as buyer and seller suggests you should sell it quickly and preferably whole even if this means Pickles Canberra.

More information would help.

Tadpole

Thank for the advice. Pretty much as I thought.

(Nobody has any claim on the car except me.)

Sorry to hear mate, saw this on the news the other day. Glad you're ok. Best of luck getting best value for the wreck.

You could post some pics of the interior / engine / wheels etc on here and see if anyone wants to jump in and pay you for any parts (remove them self) and then dispose of the remainder at a wrecker. Might help get you a little more coin if there is any interest.
    Lotus Evora
    Peugeot 308 GTi
    1966 Volvo 122s
    Clio Sport Cup 182

Previous
    Lotus Sport 111, C4 VTS, RCZ, 205 GTi, Volvo C30 T5-R, Honda S2000, 206 GTi180, Lotus Elise 111R, 205 GTi 6, Manual 406 coupe, 306 GTi 6, 405 MI16 (twice!), 505 GR

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by SilverGTi_6 View Post
    Sorry to hear mate, saw this on the news the other day. Glad you're ok. Best of luck getting best value for the wreck.

You could post some pics of the interior / engine / wheelsthja etc on here and see if anyone wants to jump in and pay you for any parts (remove them self) and then dispose of the remainder at a wrecker. Might help get you a little more coin if there is any interest.
    Thanks.
    Will do. (The car had actually been sold a few days earlier - I am just helping the new owner.)

Thread Information