• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dijon16

Thread: C5 x7

1000+ Posts

Default C5 x7

Hi
    I was wasting my time yesterday and strolling through the local wholesale seller just down the road
    There in the back was a C5 x7 looking good. Seems in normal condition for what it is. Not pristine but not knocked about either, at a quick look. $9000 on the sticker. 01/12. 114000kms. couple of mths rego. Seems good value to me VIN VF7RDRHHABL548912.
    PM(email) me if you want more information. Sorry I did not look to see if it was petrol or diesel but the vin will say ???
    Jaahn

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

RHH motor, so the 2.0 HDI. The good one. Seems cheap for the kms.

If you look again, has it all-cloth upholstery, with no height adjustment button on the gear stick area, and a handbrake lever? If so, it is the lower spec steel-sprung version.

UFO

It's sprung not hydraulic. Looked it up on ServiceCitroen.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Fellow Frogger!

This seems to be the car https://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-fo...4b9e198da#pos6 It says 3.0 HDI though?

1000+ Posts

Hi turnbull 151
    That's it, I remember the fuel filler flap was missing !!
    I might have to lift the bonnet but I trust seasink for it being a 2L four. What would a car sales yard know about Citroens ??? Even the dealers can be a 'bit vague' I see it has a handbrake lever. I think it had seat covers on but they were black seats which I hate so I did not look further. The silver looks good though.
    Jaahn
    PS in the good ol'days you could count the plug leads or even the injector pipes to see what was fitted in the engine bay. But now you cannot even do that There is only a silver plastic cover.
    Last edited by jaahn; 24th October 2018 at 02:49 PM.

UFO

Four cylinder, fabric seats, spring suspension. Base spec diesel.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Default C5 x7

C5 x7 seduction? Whatís up with the dealer up here ? Just watch out with that place they normally sell unretailable cars and rego also gets cancelled

Fix it right the first time
    Last edited by dmccurtayne; 24th October 2018 at 03:11 PM.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    That sales place usually has some French cars for sale around the yard and inside. Some look good, some are just trade-ins waiting for a hopeful. There would have been possibly half a dozen there when I looked, Citroens and Pugeots. Other times some Renaults too. That's why I call in for a look. Sad case
    Jaahn
    PS Newcastle is a conservative place and the bigger dealers do not care to put these odd French cars on their yards so just move their trade-ins somewhere else IMHO.

1000+ Posts

I can't comment on this car's condition, but a sprung base spec diesel X7 is still a very desirable car, and the ride's better than most too.

Thanks for posting this, but it is a strange one. Twice in print and in the video they call this a 3.0 V6 Exclusive, but as others have pointed out, the VIN says it is a 2.0 4cyl.

The Exclusive would have full leather, different wheels, a rear badge, and front parking sensors. Thing is, if the dealer cannot even describe it correctly, how could you trust them on anything else?
    UFO likes this.

It amazes me how often the car dealers have no F idea what they actually have. There is a nice C5 X7 in a dealers yard in SA , the price is good, low Ks, and they have it listed as a petrol model. If you look at the photos, the engine cover has a badge which reads HDI-16. As I really am not interested in any diesel, ( I know people love theirs, it's just not for me) and it would be great if the Dealers really knew what they were doing. For now my series 1 V6 is great, but I can't stop looking at what's out there and the prices. I'd like an X7 with a V6 petrol motor, I get the impression they never made the X7 in that configuration, with or without the 6 speed auto.

Fellow Frogger

It's a confusing range with many variants for such small volumes sold here. Citroen did make a petrol V6 X7 C5, but apparently only one made it here for evaluation and was then sold off in NSW. If you want a petrol, you then have to look at the petrol 4 cylinder autos - 2.0 (EW10) 4 speed (AL4) or 1.6 THP (EP6) 6 speed (AM6-derivative). Otherwise find a 6 speed version of what you have already. Try GraysOnline (Qld) or the cheapie on Gumtree with a suspension issue (SA or QLD - contradictory advert)

Case in point this copy seems to be a cut and paste re coil springs but elsewhere lauds hydractive3;
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-fo...5eea67103#pos3

https://www.zoopercars.com.au/used/v...Wagon/16281419
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Tadpole

I am a neophite. I watched a review in my native language that a decade-old C5 was good, because it had a reliable 2-litre engine. What other French cars (no older than 10 years) have reliable engines ?

Thread Information