Parts from aep in Scotland
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By marc61

Thread: Parts from aep in Scotland

Default Parts from aep in Scotland

Has anyone used the supplier "aep direct" in Scotland?
    Their pricing looks competitive, I'm just wondering if there are any bad experiences around.
    Private message me if necessary.

Thanks,

Advertisement

Farmpug

Fellow Frogger

I asked them about some spheres a couple of years ago and the parts pricing was favourable, but the postage was absurdly expensive. Whether it is worth it depends on what you are chasing.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    I asked them about some spheres a couple of years ago and the parts pricing was favourable, but the postage was absurdly expensive. Whether it is worth it depends on what you are chasing.
    I'm chasing spheres too. The pricing on the www site including shipping to "Australia" is pretty good however, when I have emailed them for a quote the shipping price is absurd. It wasn't adding up for me so I thought I'd ask on here.

Are there any other suggestions for spheres? I believe I need new Accumulator, A/S, & I'll get 2 new Fronts while I'm at it.

Farmpug

I.F.H.S. sell spheres! https://www.sphere-shop.co.uk/
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger

Keep in mind that these are I believe technologically like the old style welded spheres rather than the later factory spheres with the multi-membranes that tend to last many years. If you can't regas spheres easily every couple of years, then picking the significantly more expensive factory items may be a good move. Franzose offers both for the DS for example.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Keep in mind that these are I believe technologically like the old style welded spheres rather than the later factory spheres with the multi-membranes that tend to last many years. If you can't regas spheres easily every couple of years, then picking the significantly more expensive factory items may be a good move. Franzose offers both for the DS for example.
    Ian Steele at Sunshine Coast QLD is stocking I.F.H.S spheres. Still some postage but a lot less than from Europe or UK.

Sent from my LG-K520 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by gerrypro View Post
    I.F.H.S. sell spheres! https://www.sphere-shop.co.uk/

Thanks gerrypro, Yes I am aware IFHS sell spheres but after adding freight the cost is pretty high. I was looking at nearly 300 AUD for 2xFronts, 1xaccumulator & 1x anti sink. The company I referred to sells IFHS product but the price was much better.

I was hoping for a local & more cost effective (ie the $ staying in Australia) solution.
    I may have found this with JustCits suggested elsewhere thanks.

Regards,

Farmpug

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farmpug View Post
    Thanks gerrypro, Yes I am aware IFHS sell spheres but after adding freight the cost is pretty high. I was looking at nearly 300 AUD for 2xFronts, 1xaccumulator & 1x anti sink. The company I referred to sells IFHS product but the price was much better.

I was hoping for a local & more cost effective (ie the $ staying in Australia) solution.
    I may have found this with JustCits suggested elsewhere thanks.

Regards,

Farmpug
    $300 for four spheres delivered to you door isn't expensive! They were $85 + postage each 20 years ago in Australia (and that was after there prices came down due to people like David Cavanagh starting to sell them).

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleChevron View Post
    $300 for four spheres delivered to you door isn't expensive! They were $85 + postage each 20 years ago in Australia (and that was after there prices came down due to people like David Cavanagh starting to sell them).

seeya,
    Shane L.

....it is when the "raw" price is currently from around 24 pounds ($43 AUD)

But I think you miss the point of my post. I may have found a cost effective supplier (who doesn't want that?) I am asking if anyone has any bad experiences with them.

Regards,

Farmpug

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Farmpug View Post
    ....it is when the "raw" price is currently from around 24 pounds ($43 AUD)

But I think you miss the point of my post. I may have found a cost effective supplier (who doesn't want that?) I am asking if anyone has any bad experiences with them.

Regards,

Farmpug
    Oh, I thought the postage was to expensive. I doubt there will be large stocks ( or any stocks ? ) of CX/BX/Xantia spheres in Australia. You would struggle to sell them. And if they sat on the shelf for 5years, they could be close to flat ..... so unsalable.

I also need a pair of rear spheres ... and probably some accumulators. Front spheres I have plenty of!

seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

I just bought two rear CX spheres from AEP for my D, they’re cheap and they arrived very quickly (less than 48h after ordering in the U.K.). They’re in Rutherglen near Glasgow, I used to go there about 15 years ago and they were always competent and friendly. They didn’t have any knowledge of older Citroen’s, but were good for CX onwards.
    Farmpug likes this.
    Cheers, Marc.

1987 CX GTi T2 Maikonics
    1972 SM 2.7 carb
    1972 DS21 EFI

Thread Information