Citroen BX
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: Citroen BX

Tadpole

Default Citroen BX

Hello, just joined up with Aussiefrogs a couple of months ago and have really been enjoying reading the BX threads, I have always liked the BX model and remember seeing them quite regularly in the 1990s, used to be a red one getting around in my area and I always remember thinking that I would get one one day, well the time finally came and the timing was right to take on a project for the rest of 2018, I found a 19TRI automatic on Carsales, in the attached photo, really liked the look of it, was located somewhere in western Sydney, sent the seller Frank a message about purchasing it but received a reply of already sold, after searching online again was when i stumbled across Aussiefrogs and after looking thru the threads found a 16 valve available in Victoria, not a runner but am more than happy to take on a project, will always learn along the way, so went on an adventure to Victoria to pick up my first Citroen, my dream 16 valve, thankyou Rim, absolutely love it, besides being a non runner generally pretty sound all round, think I am looking with expected time frames about six months to get it on the road, but with Aussiefrogs and some of the vast information already on here, it should be a lot of fun, Chris’s restoration thread is a great read and what a great end result, looks great in black too
    I would love to have a running BX now though, just to get a feel of them on road, does anyone on here have a registered and running one they currently want to sell or one that is up and running that I could easily register?
    Prefer manual but just as happy with a automatic, 8 valve or 16 valve
    Also does anyone have a BX currently that is beyond econmical repair that they want to sell, one that I could just put beside the garage and get spares off for the project when needed?
    Willing to travel and pick up for the right price, right car

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen BX-0137cca4-3151-4b06-9367-23bc7bc45578.jpg  
    Last edited by BX2018; 13th August 2018 at 03:42 PM.

Superb cars but for the plastic dashboard. Best AC around and huge carrying capacity. I'd quite like a new one actually. I reckon you'll find some in the East. I certainly know where there are a couple of parts cars in a shed, but Perth is a way away...

I enjoyed our BX (a 19 TZi manual) greatly. Fantastic car for its day.

Have fun and replace all the return lines!

Cheers
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Tadpole

Not sure if I have got lucky, but the dashboard in this 16 valve is really good, one little crack in it, will see how it comes up with some armourall, the only other negative to the interior is the drivers seat has the stitching come apart on the base in two places, but an easy fix or swap it for another one if I come across a good one, yes, willing to travel but Perth is on the very end of that scale, I suppose the end dream would be to have two runners and a parts car, but only one beyond economical repair, we need to keep as many on the road as possible, my favourite would have to be the 16 valve, love the body kit, add ons, but do actually love the whole BX range, was keen on purchasing the automatic 19TRI photoed but someone just beat me, maybe they are on here and have changed their mind, here is a photo of the dream 16 valve in Rims garage, sitting for four years, so I will have to go over everything thruout restoration
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen BX-704d83f7-5c0c-4d94-8b00-acd2a9a0d634.jpg  
    Last edited by BX2018; 13th August 2018 at 04:38 PM.

Keep it out of the sun.... the plastic moulding nearest the windscreen is prone to near-disintegration, so if yours is OK it is a rarity. Blowing ice cold air through it when hot might be bad - you'll hear the crack as it fails!!!!

The 5-speed manual is the one to have, at least I reckon so. Ours was (still is) an Estate. Hugely capable. Nothing available new matches its capability IMHO. Our Renault Scenics are close but not remotely as sophisticated on the road.

Enjoy.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Best of luck with your project. I have to agree with John W in that the Renault Scenic S1, as long in the tooth as they now are, is the only thing that can come close to the BX wagon for practically. Iím keeping our Scenic on the road for as long as possible. Rim is a nice guy, he bought my the last of my BXs a white 19TZI. Certainly the BX is a better drive than the Scenic and the 16V is a real hoot. Youíll have lots of fun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    74/75 DS23 Pallas 5 Speed Carby

83 2CV Charleston and an 89 Dolly (in NZ)

80 GSA - ready to restore
    03 Peugeot 406 Hdi
    01 Renault Scenic

Fellow Frogger!

Congrats on getting a valver. They drive like a true sports car, but so much more comfortable and practical. Ours red one is a keeper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Citroen BX-pict0111.jpg  

Tadpole

I have a 1991 bxtzi auto white with only 120ks and full service history. used as a club car only. it is in extremely good condition, dash and all. all gauges work.n air con great. just serviced with new front spheres and accumulator plus more. no further real use so am happy to see it go to someone who is a citroen tragic like myself If interested can contact me via email [email protected]>com
    can supply photos and previous service records also available David
    david
    pillsnpotions

Tadpole

Yes, very interested, I will send you thru a e-mail now.

Thread Information