Calling DS23 owners with no air cond...
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default Calling DS23 owners with no air cond...

Hi,

I am looking to get a pair of the fluted panels which sit at the lower front of your front wheel arch. In cars with a/c, these allow airflow through the front.
    For those cars without air cond, you don't need these and may want to swap for my solid ones as I am fitting air cond.

Mine are blasted and freshly painted in Satin Black, so good as new.
    I propose to send you mine plus $100 for yours in any condition.

Advertisement

If interested, please give me a yell.
    Regards,
    Rob. (Melbourne)
    0411 879 080

Quote Originally Posted by Mister D
    Hi,

I am looking to get a pair of the fluted panels which sit at the lower front of your front wheel arch. In cars with a/c, these allow airflow through the front.
    For those cars without air cond, you don't need these and may want to swap for my solid ones as I am fitting air cond.

Mine are blasted and freshly painted in Satin Black, so good as new.
    I propose to send you mine plus $100 for yours in any condition.

If interested, please give me a yell.
    Regards,
    Rob. (Melbourne)
    0411 879 080
    Hi Rob. I've heard of these panels with slots in them to increase the air flow in the aircon. Apparently this was very common practise up North in Sydney and further up. They didn't appear to be as necessary here in Victoria.
    What they did was an attempt to give the hot air a faster escape route. They looked like gills cut in the front guard , in the section between the wheel and the front doors. The openings looked similar to the air slots in the front of the old Ford Mustang from about 1966/7.
    I have no idea how effective these things were as I never had air-con in my DS 21. I had considered it at one stage.
    I would have just cut the slots myself. Plenty of people up North did out of desperation/heat exhaustion etc. just to get rid of that hot air.
    Cheers...George.

Tadpole

Default I must post a photo

Hi George,
    Thanks for your reply, but these panels are not part of the wings, rather a separate panel and standard fitment for DS23s.
    They are in the lower front wheelarch and are shaped somewhat like a triangle.
    One side bolts the the chassis, the other to the front skirt panel (curved edge) while the front guard sits on top.

I don't want to try cutting mine of I don't have to so here's hoping someone can help

Tadpole

Default AC Panels

I'll have a search for those panels you wanted I wrecked a ds Pallas with air a few years ago for my Safari. Drop us a line if your still casing them.
    Regards
    billsafari

Thread Information