WA - Southern CitroŽn
  • Register
  • Help
    XTC

Default WA - Southern CitroŽn

Drove past the other day looks open for business (a bit of Cit stock there) some froggie comp for Allpikes, finally !

- XTC206 -

Southern CitroŽn
    Sales & Service at:
    1284 Albany Highway, Cannington WA 6107

Sales Phone: (08) 9231 9777
    Sales Fax: (08) 9231 9778
    Sales Email: [email protected]

Service Phone: (08) 9231 9700
    Service Fax: (08) 9231 9725

Dealer Principal: Ben Tropiano
    Sales Manager: Marc Giancola

Advertisement
    You're not fooling everyone, or did you forget? .......

'02 Peugeot 206 GTi / '07 VW Golf GTI
    Now this is a .sig
    AF'd in PER, MEL, SYD, ADL, CBR

Yeh, I've past there a couple of times, haven't gone in when they have been open though. They have had stock for about the last month. I notice they even had a second hand Xsara and Xantia.

Troy.

I went in the other day & spoke to Marc & he mentioned they had sold 3 Cits already! Howard @ Allpikes is funny (hope he doesnt read this) but he just whinged about the importer & reckons instead of them selling more cars they will just sell half each of what Allpikes sold last year (85)...blah...blah....blah. I think Barbagallo has a lot more experience in marketing which is the main reason Allpikes has never succeeded well. It wouldnt surprise me with the renewed competition that they couldnt get yearly WA sales well over 150 (I can almost hear the Eastern Staters laughing already!) I respect Allpikes for holding on to the brand & all that but I have heard of more than 1 instance of Allpikes converting Citroen prospects into buying a Peugeot, thats all well & good but does little for Cit sales figures! Henley Citroen did this also for 3 years & kept talking people out of Citroens & into SAAB's (I will keep quiet on that one!) I knew a salesmen there who said this was a deliberate ploy. Allpikes have been stuck in the crazy notion that "certain" people buy Pugs & Cits & that they will invariably find them. I wish them both the best but somehow I see Southerns doing a little bit better & they have a bigger advertising budget & a broader marketing capability. The end result will be more Cits on the road which can only be a good thing! West Aussies seem to be warming to Froggies finally, we now have 2 Cit & 2 Reggie dealers! Bring it on! Mmmm where is that 2nd Pug dealer anyway? Not far away no doubt!
    Last edited by zykyra; 14th May 2004 at 08:59 PM.
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12

In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Well I hope that Southern Citroen can push the brand to get some increase sales in WA.

I didn't know there was second Renault dealership, who are they?

Troy.

Melville Motors, they are the authorised dealer for the Traffic, ex Subaru dealer but that was rescinded. Last time I drove past they had about 25 Reggies on display, quite a few more than Giants. New Pug dealer is only months away I believe!

PASSENGER CARS & LCV DEALER

Melville Motors 532 Canning Hwy (08) 9333 5333
    Last edited by zykyra; 15th May 2004 at 02:58 AM.
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

Quote Originally Posted by zykyra
    Melville Motors, they are the authorised dealer for the Traffic, ex Subaru dealer but that was rescinded. Last time I drove past they had about 25 Reggies on display, quite a few more than Giants. New Pug dealer is only months away I believe!

PASSENGER CARS & LCV DEALER

Melville Motors 532 Canning Hwy (08) 9333 5333
    All good news but isn't progress slow!!!

JohnW

1000+ Posts

OT -- Zykyra, you weren't in King Street, Perth this week (Friday?) in a green DS were you?

Hey Stuey, no that wasnt me but I think I know which one you mean....did it have Victorian plates @ all? Mine are white & that horrible fawney/beige colour Citroen had! Citroen is the master of the colour brown! Yuukk! Will paint it Blue as soon as I can I think....always had this insane notion of painting a D that gold colour that you see on Xsara's & the old 306's...only seen one that colour on the net & it looked great...anyway...I digress....
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

XTC

Hey Stuey, no that wasnt me but I think I know which one you mean....did it have Victorian plates @ all?
    The Vic plate DS lives in MtLawley (friends of mine live next door) and yes it's been sticker slapped.

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

1000+ Posts

Hmmmm...I've seena REALLY nice DS23 in Beige in the Leederville Town Hall car park...??

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by Stuey
    Hmmmm...I've seena REALLY nice DS23 in Beige in the Leederville Town Hall car park...??
    Havn't seen any advertising yet ... who would know they are there ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    Havn't seen any advertising yet ... who would know they are there ?

- XTC206 -
    I haven't seen any advertising specific to Southern Citroen, apart from the C3 or C5 ads that pop up in the motor section of Saturday's West every now and then.

Troy.

I think they are starting a bigger campaign in a couple of weeks. They have been putting Citroen in their ads in the Auto Trader. Last time it was the second hand Xsara & Xantia with the C3 Envy ad. What they need is a massive sign out the front as its a pretty cluttered dealership & easy to miss. Someone told me the other day their is some sort of competition on one of those dodgey commercial radio stations that perth is famous for! Something about a C3 driving around that you can win somehow.....thats bound to get the interest of blonde hairdressers with names like Sharon & Tracy anyway! lol
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    I haven't seen any advertising specific to Southern Citroen, apart from the C3 or C5 ads that pop up in the motor section of Saturday's West every now and then.Troy.
    Notice how the "Wests" classifieds are getting smaller and smaller .. why is that ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Hows this for coincidence! I was just in Freo & saw the C3's I was talking about before. They are a promotion by NOVA FM & 2 were parked in the main street of Freo gaining publicity. This form of marketing is highly effective & its good to see something different from a WA car dealer. Good on 'em!
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

XTC

Hows this for coincidence! I was just in Freo & saw the C3's I was talking about before. They are a promotion by NOVA FM & 2 were parked in the main street of Freo gaining publicity. This form of marketing is highly effective & its good to see something different from a WA car dealer. Good on 'em!
    That's cool, but unless you're a NOVA listener ... how would you know ? - why isn't this on the CitAust site ? Yes WA is a small but 2 lines on a webpage can be read by lots of people. Does the dealer every tell you about "going ons" ?

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Well I test drove the C2 today & I think I am smitten. Not sure about the gawdy blue trim in the silver colour though! Only had short drive which didnt give me enough time to get used to sensodrive but expect it would soon grow on you. As far as the dealership goes Marc mentioned they had already sold 7 cars in the last 6 wks & he has had a huge enquiry level on the C2. A whopping Citroen sign is also getting made as we "speak". He has a great attitude towards the marque & I really hope they do well. Good luck to them
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4

Well I test drove the C2 today & I think I am smitten. Not sure about the gawdy blue trim in the silver colour though!
    Oh I dunno, I think the gawdy blue trim looks cool. Much nicer than the C3 interior colours.

Troy.

XTC

Quote Originally Posted by TroyO
    Oh I dunno, I think the gawdy blue trim looks cool. Much nicer than the C3 interior colours. Troy.
    If only you could get the C2 GT (in the one colour red) ... it's a manual BUT you loose things like a spare, power mirrors, fog lights <- OK settle down chaps this is NOT a fog light thread !!! - hangon Mr FrogLight has dissapeared , it's OK) and some other things like cruise control, side skirts etc etc ... is it worth it? .. When will we see a C2 VTS (someone say super charger ?)

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Quote Originally Posted by XTC206
    If only you could get the C2 GT (in the one colour red) ... it's a manual BUT you loose things like a spare, power mirrors, fog lights <- OK settle down chaps this is NOT a fog light thread !!! - hangon Mr FrogLight has dissapeared , it's OK) and some other things like cruise control, side skirts etc etc ... is it worth it? ..
    I heard that the GT also lacked aircon, and had smaller washer fluid bottle as well. No aircon in the UK is ok, but I don't think the lack of aircon makes it worth it here, not in our climate.

Troy.

XTC

My wife said she's seen a C3 with all the Southern Citroen advertsing sitting IN FRONT of Allpikes - the competition !!!! More then once. Ballsy move as I'm sure John.A will complain about that to Cit.Oz. First round to Southern ... wonder what the counter strike will be ... hahahahaha

- XTC206 -

Now this is a .sig

Tadpole

Default allpikes blah

ever since i had my xsara vtr they have bsd me about the problems i have had. so instead of listening t them i now tell them what the problem is. i sent audio and video to a friend who is very good with citroen re a problem and then went into allpikes who said you can't diagnose problems this way i then told them that 4 people ie mechanics with a combine exper of over 100yrs with citroen all stated the same problem from what i supplied, funny .. good on the new citroen dealer i may take my c2 and xsara there to c what the service is like. yes howard is a funnny bugger isn'tn he

Quote Originally Posted by spr1600
    ever since i had my xsara vtr they have bsd me about the problems i have had. so instead of listening t them i now tell them what the problem is. i sent audio and video to a friend who is very good with citroen re a problem and then went into allpikes who said you can't diagnose problems this way i then told them that 4 people ie mechanics with a combine exper of over 100yrs with citroen all stated the same problem from what i supplied, funny .. good on the new citroen dealer i may take my c2 and xsara there to c what the service is like. yes howard is a funnny bugger isn'tn he

What sort of problems have you been having with your VTR?

Troy.

Tadpole

Default re my probs

problems are resonating from engine through body at about 4000rpm. given the exhaust system on a C2 is very similar I fanged my c2 sat on 4000rpm and nothing at all dead quite. on my vtr goes away as you leave 4100rpm or drop below 3900rpm. is either exhaust touching body or not sitting right or engine mounts or something on engine am talking to hany about this he has given me some points to look at also gmc in uk have told me to look at a few points where it may be transferring. i also get clutch issues from 1st to 2nd when turning at lights and accelerating across the intersection won't go into second sometimes. which is most likely missalign with linkages and i think could be caused by mounts being a bit off which would match with the resonating being caused from the mounts.

Tadpole

Icon11

I went in the other day & spoke to Marc & he mentioned they had sold 3 Cits already! Howard @ Allpikes is funny (hope he doesnt read this) but he just whinged about the importer & reckons instead of them selling more cars they will just sell half each of what Allpikes sold last year (85)...blah...blah....blah. I think Barbagallo has a lot more experience in marketing which is the main reason Allpikes has never succeeded well. It wouldnt surprise me with the renewed competition that they couldnt get yearly WA sales well over 150 (I can almost hear the Eastern Staters laughing already!) I respect Allpikes for holding on to the brand & all that but I have heard of more than 1 instance of Allpikes converting Citroen prospects into buying a Peugeot, thats all well & good but does little for Cit sales figures! Henley Citroen did this also for 3 years & kept talking people out of Citroens & into SAAB's (I will keep quiet on that one!) I knew a salesmen there who said this was a deliberate ploy. Allpikes have been stuck in the crazy notion that "certain" people buy Pugs & Cits & that they will invariably find them. I wish them both the best but somehow I see Southerns doing a little bit better & they have a bigger advertising budget & a broader marketing capability. The end result will be more Cits on the road which can only be a good thing! West Aussies seem to be warming to Froggies finally, we now have 2 Cit & 2 Reggie dealers! Bring it on! Mmmm where is that 2nd Pug dealer anyway? Not far away no doubt!

Thread Information