C3 front protection
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default C3 front protection

Hi All
    Does anyone have any experience with finding/fitting wallaby protection for a C3? I live in rural Tassie and have had two wallaby-related incidents in the last two months, needing condenser and radiator replacement. I have tried the sonic repellers (ultrasonic whistles) with limited success. The C3 seems to be one of the few cars for which mainstream products approved in Australia are not available.

Advertisement

JBN

The C3 seems to be one of the few cars for which mainstream products approved in Australia are not available.

Understandable since wallabies and kangaroos are not found in France, and the C3 is as rare as the Tasmanian tiger here. Why don't you have one custom made by a local metal fabricator? Some tube bent to suit the front of the C3 (maybe chromed?) and attached to suitable points underneath the front end?

John

1000+ Posts

The Peugeot 207 is similar underneath. Would something for it be available, perhaps with a little fiddling?

I don't think I'd bother looking for a DS3 fitting - they are even rarer, even if on the same base.

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    The C3 seems to be one of the few cars for which mainstream products approved in Australia are not available.

Understandable since wallabies and kangaroos are not found in France, and the C3 is as rare as the Tasmanian tiger here. Why don't you have one custom made by a local metal fabricator? Some tube bent to suit the front of the C3 (maybe chromed?) and attached to suitable points underneath the front end?

John

Ohhh John... gone are the days mate... problem is the Some tube bent must be AIRBAG safe and approved... otherwise mr insuranceperson (gotta be politically correct as well) not like it very mucho... I know it sucks but thats the way the cookie crumbles...

cheers

dino

Tadpole

Thanks to everyone who replied to my question. It's about what I suspected.
    The issue with compliance is a real one. An insurance company can refuse a claim if the car has been altered or modified in a way that might affect safety (i.e. airbag system). However, I may still look at a custom installation.
    By the way, even dead [fat] wallabies on the road can cause an issue -admittedly a lot less serious/expensive - because of the low clearance under the front skirt.
    When all said and done, I love driving my C3 and, wallabies or not, that won't change!
    Thanks again, all

I live on Flinders Island, NE Taz. Wildlife is prolific and it's impossible not to miss the hapless creatures sometimes.
    There are at least two bullbar fabricators in Launceston; I had no problem having a custom made bar made for our 2010 Peugeot Partner van and I had our 2005 Citroen Berlingo measured up as well ( for a later fitting). re the Roo-shu and sonic repellers have proven to be virtually useless by anyone on Flinders Island that has tried them........

JBN

Isn't the Roo-shu a kangaroo celebration when they have claimed another automobile, or am I confusing that with Daniel Ricciardo?

John

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by furneauxfrogger View Post
    I live on Flinders Island, NE Taz. Wildlife is prolific and it's impossible not to miss the hapless creatures sometimes.
    There are at least two bullbar fabricators in Launceston; I had no problem having a custom made bar made for our 2010 Peugeot Partner van and I had our 2005 Citroen Berlingo measured up as well ( for a later fitting). re the Roo-shu and sonic repellers have proven to be virtually useless by anyone on Flinders Island that has tried them........
    Those Roo-shu devices are sold in Canada too ... where they are supposed to scare MOOSE ( their effect on bears is unknown apparently as the packaging does not say ).

Tadpole

Furneauxfrogger
    Who are the fabricators in Launceston?
    Gerry

Thread Information