New Citroen C3 - Now $23,990 Drive Away!
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By forumnoreason
  • 1 Post By David S

Thread: New Citroen C3 - Now $23,990 Drive Away!

Default New Citroen C3 - Now $23,990 Drive Away!

https://www.caradvice.com.au/650768/...ive-away-deal/

It was only a matter of time, but I wasn't expecting this to happen this quickly. I though Inchcape were going to be stubborn and keep the price at the higher end of the small car market, but they've surprised me.

Advertisement

Really, this is the price it should've been when it was first released and a manual option would've been nice too, which would've lowered the price even more.

My heart says go for it, but my head says not so fast!
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Problem still may be to find a dealer who actually wants to sell me one.

Quote Originally Posted by cootafrog View Post
    Problem still may be to find a dealer who actually wants to sell me one.
    In Adelaide you can see one*

*as long as you only wanna look at the outside
    or ar 8' tall
    and skinny and bendy like Gumby!

Has anyone here taken the plunge on the new C3? I'm yet to see one on the road.

I'll be in the market for a new car shortly, and they'll be on my shopping list, for sure.

By the way, that part-brown interior looks the business!
    1975 Peugeot 504 GL | 2018 Suzuki Swift GLX Turbo

I’ve seen only one on the road - Melbourne, Hoddle Street, white. Looked great I have to say. Buy one, you might singlehandedly keep CitroŽn in business in Australia, haha!

Nowhere near the action but one would have to conclude they've held out till crisis point on these and realized they have to get rid off them. No one wants a new 'old' car do they?

I've previously mentioned they could have had a sales surge care of an uber style programme with some of these cars as a fleet roaming giving the product the chance to be experienced in public, the best form of advertising available. Few billboards here and there to push it, wish they gave me a job marketing for them! No brainer really. btw a businessman in the twenties in Sydney Crowle set up a taxi business using Cits, nearly 100 years on the demise of a favoured brand is clear from a quick look at this interesting post, care of the folks at Citroenclassics, hope they don't mind me using it to illustrate a point. I'd drive a 'new' C3 if I was in the market.

https://citroenclassic.org.au/wordpr...925-25-low.pdf

ps CitroŽn uber they could pick up the slogan ' you see them everywhere'.... it's there on a plate for godsake...

why didn't they rebadge the Cactus as a Comfort? that is their Mantra no?

or simply a Mantra for that matter, Cactus is a terrible name.
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 27th May 2018 at 12:06 PM.
    tresbon2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by cam740 View Post
    In Adelaide you can see one*

*as long as you only wanna look at the outside
    or ar 8' tall
    and skinny and bendy like Gumby!
    Sitting on a ramp, up against the side fence in that tiny yard, is not going to help their situation here in Adelaide! Haha! I've actually got up on the ramp and stood on the fence side of the vehicle, as it was the easiest way to view inside the car! Love the interior of the car, just not a fan of the exterior colour.

However, you wouldn't know they're our local and only Citroen dealer in SA!

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_95 View Post
    Has anyone here taken the plunge on the new C3? I'm yet to see one on the road.

I'll be in the market for a new car shortly, and they'll be on my shopping list, for sure.

By the way, that part-brown interior looks the business!
    Haven't bought one, but its on the list! The brown interior is called, Hype Colorado Interior, which is a $400 option usually.

I believe the $23,990 Drive Away deal, is for stock that has already landed in Australia and not on new orders where a vehicle is needed to be ordered.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    one would have to conclude they've held out till crisis point on these and realized they have to get rid off them. No one wants a new 'old' car do they?
    The new C3 has barely been on sale in Australia a couple of months. I don’t think this could count as holding out till a crisis point. They’re just adjusting the price as obviously they’re not moving. I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily crisis after only a couple of months. In no way is this an “old” car. They are all still brand new.

The “old cars” that probably ARE at crisis point are the Cacti, there’s another thread about how there seems to be 60-90 of them sitting not selling in car yards around Australia; and they are soon to be superseded by a much improved model, already released in Europe. I think that will be the bigger question - what to do with all the Cacti.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    why didn't they rebadge the Cactus as a Comfort? that is their Mantra no?

or simply a Mantra for that matter, Cactus is a terrible name.
    This is probably true. I don’t think the French did their local market research in Australia.... or they did but realised they’d sell so few that it wasn’t worth the hassle of changing the name.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post
    The new C3 has barely been on sale in Australia a couple of months. I don’t think this could count as holding out till a crisis point. They’re just adjusting the price as obviously they’re not moving. I wouldn’t say that’s necessarily crisis after only a couple of months. In no way is this an “old” car. They are all still brand new.

The “old cars” that probably ARE at crisis point are the Cacti, there’s another thread about how there seems to be 60-90 of them sitting not selling in car yards around Australia; and they are soon to be superseded by a much improved model, already released in Europe. I think that will be the bigger question - what to do with all the Cacti.

This is probably true. I don’t think the French did their local market research in Australia.... or they did but realised they’d sell so few that it wasn’t worth the hassle of changing the name.
    The new C3 was actually release in Australia in October 2017, by then Sime Darby at $22,990 +ORC and was then given a re-release in March 2018 at $23,490 +ORC, under Inchcape.

The car was simply too expensive. I've said it numerous times, you could've bought a 2017 plated C3 and before the new Drive Away campaign even on a 2018 plated model, at the same price as a 2017 plated C4 Cactus! Add to the mix, the immanent release of the C3 Aircoss in a few months, and Citroen Australia was going to have 3 models all siting around the same price bracket. Something had to change. Inchcape haven't been able to move the stock they're got and so have finally resorted in lowering the price to generate some foot traffic into showrooms.

Now that the C3 is $23,990 Drive Away, it's given Inchcape the chance to price the C3 Aircross around $26,000 when it's released. With the new Cactus arriving this year, they'll probably try and push the Cactus up and over the $30,000 price bracket, to give it some breathing space between it and the new C3 Aircross.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    The new C3 was actually release in Australia in October 2017, by then Sime Darby at $22,990 +ORC
    I stand corrected. I remember the brief fanfare in October, but I didn’t think any actually made it into showrooms etc until March this year. Did they really have them on sale, or did the model just get lost in the importer shakeup?

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post
    I stand corrected. I remember the brief fanfare in October, but I didn’t think any actually made it into showrooms etc until March this year. Did they really have them on sale, or did the model just get lost in the importer shakeup?
    Some definitely made it into showrooms. I 'Registered' my interest a few months before they were released in October 2017 and I was sent a 'special' introductory offer of $26,990 Drive Away. But when I optioned it up, it was around $29,000! Because I couldn't buy one in SA, we've only just had our dealer get stock of a C3 last month, I was looking at dealer stock in VIC, but couldn't justify buying one at that price.

I'm currently looking and will hopefully buy around the end of June or July and so at this new price, it's back on the list. I really don't want an auto, but I could live with this. Or there is a 2017 plate C4 Cactus for around the same coin!

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    The new C3 was actually release in Australia in October 2017, by then Sime Darby at $22,990 +ORC and was then given a re-release in March 2018 at $23,490 +ORC, under Inchcape.
    Yes, definitely released in Oct 2017 (and then re-released), however Inchcape took over on 1 June 2017, so I don’t think it was released by Sime Darby.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Yes, definitely released in Oct 2017 (and then re-released), however Inchcape took over on 1 June 2017, so I don’t think it was released by Sime Darby.
    I think you're right, which makes it even more confusing, as to why Inchcape would, 're-release' the car again!

Fellow Frogger

Inchcape has held the Citroen concession since 1/6/17, so almost a year now. Long enough to judge performance.

The new C3 was ready to release in October and some cars ended up with dealers, but Inchcape then postponed the launch and it ended up being in March this year. Assume reworking the dealer network played a part in the delay.
    iLaguna likes this.

Thread Information