• 1 Post By CXVingtCinq
  • 1 Post By harrisson_citroen
  • 2 Post By harrisson_citroen
  • 1 Post By gerrypro
  • 1 Post By fritzelhund

Thread: Hello

Tadpole

Default Hello

Hi, just wanted to say hello and thanks for adding me. Looking to purchase an H van , have placed a thread in the for sale / wanted section.
    Have been into Vw Kombis for a long time and have made great friends and enjoy the vw community. Hoping to find the same with this forum and will need lots of help being new to the Citroen marque. Cheers, Steve

Advertisement
    jaahn likes this.

Oh look here's one! Ready for soft serves! Love the gnome. You'd need to sell ALOT of icecreams to pay that baby off.

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/d...-hy-van-557180
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 21st May 2018 at 09:56 AM.

grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

Icon11

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Oh look here's one! Ready for soft serves! Love the gnome. You'd need to sell ALOT of icecreams to pay that baby off.

https://www.tradeuniquecars.com.au/d...-hy-van-557180
    I'll see your icecream and raise you a few light ales

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Citroen-...AAAOSwo5la8~hB

Edit: Snap fnqvmuch, beat me by 4 minutes

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Squidy View Post
    Hi, just wanted to say hello and thanks for adding me. Looking to purchase an H van , have placed a thread in the for sale / wanted section.
    Have been into Vw Kombis for a long time and have made great friends and enjoy the vw community. Hoping to find the same with this forum and will need lots of help being new to the Citroen marque. Cheers, Steve
    Hi Squidy
    Welcome ! You have set yourself a challenge with wanting a H van. They were never sold here and really are only available from France readily and there is some demand now since they have become trendy for coffee .
    Good luck Jaahn
    Greg likes this.

1000+ Posts

Hmmm
    Be cheaper to take an extended holiday in France and find one get it repaired and bring it back IMHO.
    More fun than paying those prices, for sure
    Bloody hell: $80K, $48K, $50K ????? a lot for an old 'tradie' van !! Slow as a wet week too !
    Perhaps old Kombi prices are not so silly after all !!
    Jaahn

you could buy a decent SM for those prices, or 2 D's, 100 GS's 200 Xantias...

careful though, I remember being snapped at for making comments on 'values' of vehicles once before and I'm sure the vendor is still sharpening their sabre waiting for me.

If someone wants one then that's the price, here anyway.

And. Realistically by the time you fit one out and sort out the mechanicals and bling the cost is going to be up there so there you go.
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 21st May 2018 at 12:58 PM.

Strike a light.! And Sacrebleu.!

$80,000 and it isn't even registered. I'm with Jaahn. I'm going on a holiday to France and maybe not even bothering to bring one back..
    jaahn likes this.
    Cheers, Peter J
    Current -
    1976 16TS
    Previous - 1984 CX 25 IE : 1976 16TS : 1979 12 Virage

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

I would understand someone paying 50,000 for a great DS with "DSness", because nothing else on the road to this day can better it.
    But paying that for an H van! I don't know how many of you have actually driven or let alone sat in one, but they are the shittiest, noisiest, slowest pieces of crap on the road. I spent my youth sitting on the back of them, or occasionally driving them, because in the sixties every employer had one. Admittedly they were reliable and cheap to run for small businesses, and obviously now they are "cute"
    and trendy. But the Renault Estafettes were way better.
    CXVingtCinq likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by harrisson_citroen View Post
    I would understand someone paying 50,000 for a great DS with "DSness", because nothing else on the road to this day can better it.
    But paying that for an H van! I don't know how many of you have actually driven or let alone sat in one, but they are the shittiest, noisiest, slowest pieces of crap on the road. I spent my youth sitting on the back of them, or occasionally driving them, because in the sixties every employer had one. Admittedly they were reliable and cheap to run for small businesses, and obviously now they are "cute"
    M. H. Citroen,

One must be careful what one states on A/F ... these rusted on, one eyed owners have loooooooooooooong memories.
    Even if you DO speak the truth.

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fritzelhund View Post
    M. H. Citroen,

One must be careful what one states on A/F ... these rusted on, one eyed owners have loooooooooooooong memories.
    Even if you DO speak the truth.
    Ah! M.Fritzelhund!

I just knew you were lurking, waiting for a post from this controversial Harrisson. Admit it Fritz, I provide you with a lot of entertainment. Aussiefrogs has been so quiet and boring in my absence!
    Anyway, to put the record straight, I am not criticising any of the above cars for sale at all, I am just mentioning than no H van is worth this kind of money in general! only to people who have never had one.....
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 21st May 2018 at 06:51 PM.
    jaahn and CXVingtCinq like this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Hello, or buy this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-p...4AAOSwTf9ZU915

and then spend the money you've saved on a DS

Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Hello, or buy this one

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/vintage-p...4AAOSwTf9ZU915

and then spend the money you've saved on a DS
    Yes! That falls within my budget!
    jaahn likes this.
    Cheers Gerry

About as fast and as noisy as the early 2CV and look at how desirable they have become!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Ah! M.Fritzelhund!

I just knew you were lurking, waiting for a post from this controversial Harrisson. Admit it Fritz, I provide you with a lot of entertainment. Aussiefrogs has been so quiet and boring in my absence!
    Anyway, to put the record straight, I am not criticising any of the above cars for sale at all, I am just mentioning than no H van is worth this kind of money in general! only to people who have never had one.....
    I am so pleased we are able to amuse each other !!!!!
    harrisson_citroen likes this.

Hi Guys,

If you do find a H Van for sale it will be extremely expensive, maybe $60,000 +, because of their popularity as food vans (as previously stated).

I think you will be opening a can of worms if you want to bring one in yourself, for the following reasons:

There are very expensive now overseas.

Find a good one at any price will be difficult.

I doubt there will be anymore coming into Australia, due to Border Protection's attitude towards vehicles containing Asbestos!

A Friend was going to bring his H Van camper back to Australia this year, but has decided against it because of the difficulty in proving that the van is asbestos free.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Thread Information