• Register
  • Help
Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By GreenBlood
  • 2 Post By Arekisir

Thread: DS23pallas

Default DS23pallas

hi
    has anyone got experience with building from scratch new wiring harness for DS from fire wall to double headlights. require better bullet connectors with rubber insulators and colour coded sleeves.

any suggestions for local suppliers would be appreciated - sydney or australia

thanks

Advertisement

David Gries in Victoria has...ph 03 9890 3266
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Fellow Frogger!

If you're planning on doing it yourself, the connectors and coloured wire ends can be bought from Der Franzose and Citroen Classics amongst others. if you're looking to have someone else do the work, then you can buy looms for RHD cars. See the Citroen classics website for some examples:

1968 DS21bvh Pallas in Gris Palladium

Restoration blog: https://ds-restoration.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    If you're planning on doing it yourself, the connectors and coloured wire ends can be bought from Der Franzose and Citroen Classics amongst others. if you're looking to have someone else do the work, then you can buy looms for RHD cars. See the Citroen classics website for some examples:

Paul I don't think Citroen Classics have the wing looms. . .
    They are pretty straightforward if you have the original loom as a guide, the fittings can be had by various suppliers with the coloured sleeves etc.

I did my own, correct wire colours can be purchased from most auto stores locally, grey non-adhesive loom tape as used on early Fords i.e. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Angl....c100011.m1850

Test before wrapping. . .

Invest in the correct crimping tool to close the connectors!!

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Beautiful work Chris...!
    Cheers,
    Mark...

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    They are pretty straightforward if you have the original loom as a guide, the fittings can be had by various suppliers with the coloured sleeves etc.

I did my own, correct wire colours can be purchased from most auto stores locally, grey non-adhesive loom tape as used on early Fords i.e. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ford-Angl....c100011.m1850

Cheers
    Chris

Hi Chris

Nice to know about that grey tape.

I bought a replacement LHD loom from Darrin but I want to do a few mods, so what IS the correct tool? I know that getting a good quality tool is the way to go, but is there a particular tool for the older style bare bullets (the ones without a hard outer plastic shroud)?

Default DS 23 pallas

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post

Test before wrapping. . .

Cheers
    Chris
    this is the best excellent work many thank as it will assist. thanks all for the quick reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    Hi Chris

Nice to know about that grey tape.

I bought a replacement LHD loom from Darrin but I want to do a few mods, so what IS the correct tool? I know that getting a good quality tool is the way to go, but is there a particular tool for the older style bare bullets (the ones without a hard outer plastic shroud)?
    Hi Paul,
    I took one of the bullets to our local Jaycar (Electric components) store and the sales guy sold me these. The jaw closes over both the wire and insulation in one hit. The jaw suits three sizes the smaller being most suitable. Decent wire strippers makes the task easy and repeatable.

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS23pallas-bullet-crimp1.jpg   DS23pallas-bullet-crimp2.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Those are serious crimpers - but i bet they are satisfying to use! I will have to look some out.

I used 4mm bullet connectors, heatshink and silicone tube to replace degraded rubber - see photo.

I could not find "mauve" heatshrink so used pink electrical tape. All coloured heatshrink overloaded with clear glue lined heatshink which covers the whole female connector.
    DS23pallas-20180510_063545.jpg
    GreenBlood and ramonm like this.

Thread Information