• 1 Post By dimistyle
  • 1 Post By dimistyle
  • 1 Post By jaahn
  • 1 Post By seasink
  • 1 Post By jaahn

Thread: 2003 citroen c5 ,best scan tool??? esp issue

Tadpole

Default 2003 citroen c5 ,best scan tool??? esp issue

Can any one confirm what is a good or even a flat out winner when it come a scan tool preferably one that lets you do lots of extra things like program keys what not? I have a foxwell nt510 which I had for my old 2000 land rover td5 and it worked well, but I cant buy the download for peugeout citroen any more, im almost certian it was available last year...

Advertisement

Scott only Lexia will connect to all the ECUs in the C5. Plenty of Chinese copies on fleabay. Search forum for preferred sellers.
    The ESP issue you have is it permanent? I.e. turns on at ignition and stays on?
    Hard to isolate without Lexia I have this issue but doesn't phase me, can be ABS wiring, brake pressure sensor or ABS unit.
    I disabled the ESP to get rid of the annoying beep but can only be done via Lexia.
    Dimi

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Scott Rohdich likes this.

Tadpole

great thanks , i had a quick look and see its quite cheap to get one, will just need to find an old laptop haha.
    SOunds like its intermitent, my wife has the car and is in a differnt state to me at the moment, prob a a bad sensor wire. I am keen to keep the system up and running as it works amazingly well really.
    I had a quick look on youtube too and it looks a bit old skool and difficult to use, but how would you rate it?

Lexia is win95 based 32 bit processor only but functional and can do everything. Read the posts on the forum as a bit tricky to install and get running as its hacked. No updates are available with the Chinese version so never go online just use a dedicated laptop.

If its random ESP errors then maybe a loose wire, loose ABS sensor or several other wiring issues.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Last edited by dimistyle; 16th May 2018 at 07:30 AM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Rohdich View Post
    great thanks , i had a quick look and see its quite cheap to get one, will just need to find an old laptop haha.
    SOunds like its intermitent, my wife has the car and is in a differnt state to me at the moment, prob a a bad sensor wire. I am keen to keep the system up and running as it works amazingly well really.
    I had a quick look on youtube too and it looks a bit old skool and difficult to use, but how would you rate it?
    Hi Scott
    I have sent you a PM about a Diagbox set up I have to sell.

But for a general answer for other interested persons, Diagbox/Lexia/PP2000 is the official factory tool still. It does everthing, just like the dealers do, because it is the dealer standard tool they have to buy, for a large amount. It is old school and clunky to set up. Some computer expertise required. Some 'cracked' copies available on line are poor and may not work well.

The old XP laptops have all died or will soon, so the current thinking is to load a 'virtual' 32 bit system on to your modern Windows laptop system and run Diagbox in that "virtual' system. Others may comment on doing that as I have not seen it done. Or Google it on here for more information.

No cheap scanner will give you much access to anything but cancelling the fault lights despite what they claim.
    jaahn
    Last edited by jaahn; 16th May 2018 at 12:42 PM.

1000+ Posts

Thanks to the abusive behaviour of some makers, including PSA, all Diagboxes and Lexias outside a dealer's workshop fell off a truck somewhere. Keep that in mind.

It is possible to investigate any black box for the outputs that go with any input, despite the time involved, and a lot has been done in this regard that has been published. The bus itself is standardised. One result is the only reasonable commercial software that runs on modern Windows systems, that is, PSA-COM. There is a cost. PSA-COM: Peugeot/Citroen professional diagnostic scantool

Almost all of us use a copy of Diagbox on a laptop. As Jaahn said, stay off-line.

EDIT: You may come across PSACOM (no hyphen). This is also the result of black box investigation, but has fewer features.
    Last edited by seasink; 16th May 2018 at 10:32 AM.

1000+ Posts

Hi Scott
    Just to bring up an old thread with a Google search on the forum for peoples information. You too can do the search in the box up above
    Lexia, PP2000, Diagbox, factory scan tool for Citroen and Peugeot vehicles. Revealed
    Jaahn

Thread Information