• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By fritzelhund

Thread: DS23 Handbrake

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS23 Handbrake

Hi,
    Iíve a manual DS23 with the pull up handbrake under the dash. When itís pulled up the handbrake is on, however it can be pushed down without pushing in the plastic part of the handle. So my question is what is stopping it locking in place at the top of its travel??

Cheers
    Ed

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
    Hi,
    Iíve a manual DS23 with the pull up handbrake under the dash. When itís pulled up the handbrake is on, however it can be pushed down without pushing in the plastic part of the handle. So my question is what is stopping it locking in place at the top of its travel??

Cheers
    Ed
    It is a blade type of gripping device and will have worn over the years.No ratchet or teeth.
    You may be able to get some further life by adjusting the small screw placed along the plastic release handle.
    That works to adjust the "angle of attack" between the long curved round arm and the blade that locks on it.
    No doubt others with more familiar and current knowledge will reply. Aussie Frogs is like that.
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks. Iíve tightened the screw as much as possible and it makes no difference. Iíll try and get my head under it and see whatís happening(or not)

Cheers
    Ed

Thread Information