Timing belt change intervals Citroen C5 2.2Hdi
  • Register
  • Help
    3CV

Default Timing belt change intervals Citroen C5 2.2Hdi

Mileage recommendations seem to vary from as low as 80k to over 200k on Peugeots with same or similar motors and for C5's in various forums including this one. Elsewhere on AussieFrogs there is a reference is to http://www.peugeotlogic.com/workshop/base/workshop.htm which says all Hdi engines without particle filter : 120,000 km or 6 years and all Hdi engines with particle filter: 180 000 km or 9 years.
    I am reasonably sure the 2.2 Hdi has a particle filter in which case are the Peugeot guidelines applicable?

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger

Assuming we are talking about a 2005-07 2.2 HDi 4 speeder with 4HX in the VIN, which does have a particle filter in our market, Citroen currently shows the following service schedule for that model.
    Timing belt change intervals Citroen C5 2.2Hdi-4hx_servicing.jpg
    'Arduous' applies for hot, dusty areas, lots of short trips, extensive towing, taxi use etc., but there is no difference given in this case. Usually, you would see something like 20K oil changes for 'normal' and 10K for 'arduous'.

It's varied a lot and Citroen generally adopted a shorter interval than Pug. Many cars sold here would show 4 years /100K in the book.
    Last edited by David S; 11th May 2018 at 08:03 PM.

1000+ Posts

If the book does say 4 years, it would be the local dealers trying to make money in my opinion. Australia isn't the only place in the world with warm to hot conditions. The post 2000 or so PSA models have a much extended service interval as I've just researched for my 206 and there's no reason I can see not to adhere to the manufacturers arduous conditions specification.

Again, just my view, but I've thought about how this can be - what's changed - and I reckon it's the advent of the HSN belt material and spring loaded tensioners rather than fixed, which I think don't cause as much strain. Note my language; this is just my considered opinion from thinking about this very issue with my Pug, as I've just ordered the belt etc. from Ken Bailey.

I gotta admit, it's difficult to nail down the specification! What a joke - how hard can it be to make this information clear for all conditions?

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

3CV

Thank you David S for the clarification and a definitive schedule. I thought every 4 years was a little over zealous at the prices quoted of around $950 a pop.
    Last edited by 3CV; 11th May 2018 at 08:46 PM.

Default Timing belt change intervals

I changed the belt plus tensioners at 155k km on the 2007 2.2 HDI.Mind you we live in a temperate climate and neither myself nor NGOO do not accelerate like R Arnoux. Parts cost about $150 for belt and tensioners. Replacement water pump sitting on the shelf in the shed ready o be "swung" into action.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Quote Originally Posted by Ceenine View Post
    I changed the belt plus tensioners at 155k km on the 2007 2.2 HDI.Mind you we live in a temperate climate and neither myself nor NGOO do not accelerate like R Arnoux. Parts cost about $150 for belt and tensioners. Replacement water pump sitting on the shelf in the shed ready o be "swung" into action.
    PS Belt change done in 2015
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 HDI Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 HDI EGS Sedan
    Peugeot Mi16 Series 2

Thread Information