C4 GP DW10CTED4 temp sensors info appreciated
  • Register
  • Help

Default C4 GP DW10CTED4 temp sensors info appreciated

while some can replace their own thermostats, i called RACQ today.
    Our car has often attracted comment about fan noise - loud - and long after getting somewhere, but i figured it was a turbo thing,
    It wasn't every time, and having paid for an air filter recently, i thought it might have stopped doing it.
    Another thing I'd put down as idiosyncratic was the occasional 'STOP - Engine Overheating' warning on startup from a short spell ... this may have happened three times, at most, in ten months.
    However, these things (also maybe, that the fan cycling-on would visibly dim the headlights, and the number of bulbs it has gone through ...) have now gotten significant.
    For a few weeks i have been noticing intermittent and inconsistent occurrence of a quiet fan staying on much too long after engine off. Long enough Monday afternoon to so flatten the battery that it could not start (hours after the morning run into town, not just the radiator but the block was cold and the fan was still on).
    Nor would it start for the RACQ on jumpers, until he did something to goose the starter itself. Charging well, it idled while we talked for ages before heading to town but when I went to check the Alert Log i saw the idiot light was on/advising to STOP again. Pressed on till safe / not totally inconvenient, and pulled the lead off the terminal to stop the fan. Started fine after ten minutes though so did what was necessary and got home without complications. Tuesday morning the warnings came on within three minutes of starting so were ignored for a nervous hourís drive (with A/C not working) but returning that afternoon (with A/C) it did not appear.
    Not ashamed to admit I'm never going to do anything on this car, but apart from that fact your opinions are welcome.
    steven
    ps going to the dealership for a diagnosis today.

Advertisement
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 2nd May 2018 at 10:09 AM.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

for the record, i'm told the computer said 'P0493'.
    Again, immediately after starting, it went to 'STOP ...' and gave no A/C driven for an hour but then, after a 3/4hr spell, no alert and normal A/C. Handed it to the Service Dept. running ... they gave it back, having fiddled with it, working A-OK but with advice not to drive it. Got the part no. and came home as have no choice but to keep using it.

1000+ Posts

The code isn't news - fan overspeeding.

so not very 'granular' info. from them then?
    Their suggestion was it just requires a 'cooling fan control unit' at $120 ex Sydney, with fitment another minimum hour;
    EAI have one but say it would need a new cover too, which they don't ... not really cheaper all-in either.
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 2nd May 2018 at 05:12 PM.

They do need a cover because the new version is slightly different and doesnít hold one correctly.

UFO

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    They do need a cover because the new version is slightly different and doesn’t hold one correctly.
    Unless you're adept with cable ties.
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

Thread Information