C5 X7 - the EOLYS question
  • Register
  • Help

Default C5 X7 - the EOLYS question

OK, confused as all hell with this stuff.

My owners manual stipulates Eolys 176 but then I've read numerous posts saying that it also depends on the colour of the cap and this may indicate a bladder or tank system?

I watched a useful Youtube clip which pointed to the sticker on the car which will indicate which fluid and but indicate 176 - but is that where it ends? Or does this bladder (bag) vs. tank come in to play?

I'm at 140,000 worry free km and figure a top up won't be far away. I called On shore oils who tell me they don't stock it. I want to avoid the dealers for obvious reasons but if I have to get in from the UK then I need to make sure I'm ordering the right thing!

Surely there must be a few by now who have encountered this?

Advertisement

Cheers for what ever info comes in from the great oracle that is Aussie frogs

Nigel,

Depending on how often the tank gets filled you might still be some way off having to do a refill. I am at 166kkm and not sign of it yet and UFO got to 213kkm before the message popped up on his screen. Check his thread.

Lexia and EOLYS?

Cheers, Ken

Fellow Frogger

The C5 has a rigid tank, so no bladder. When it becomes necessary, you need a refill kit. Buy that via the part number in Citroen Service. 176 would have been the original fill, but it was replaced and so the replacement will most likely be Infineum. It's a potentially messy job and you want to avoid skin contact. Someone also has to set the fill quantity, but at 140K, you are possibly 40K away yet.

Thanks, Ive got to the same point of Eolys176 became Infineum and Ive even found a Melbourne address for them but no web site. Might be smarter to look overseas methinks! Thanks so much for your help!

Thanks again Ken!

The way this girl uses fuel its likely to be easily over 200km before the low reading comes in. I cannot get over how good these cars are!
    Cheers, Tony

Quote Originally Posted by NigeltheC5 View Post
    Thanks, Ive got to the same point of Eolys176 became Infineum and Ive even found a Melbourne address for them but no web site. Might be smarter to look overseas methinks! Thanks so much for your help!
    I believe EAI sell the kits, check Ken's link for UFO's write up for DIY
    EAI: European Auto Imports

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Thread Information