ECU connector madness C2
  • Register
  • Help
    Fellow Frogger!

Default ECU connector madness C2

So with major electronic issues with the c2 throttle I decided to pull all connected electronics and refit ensuring all connections are tickedeeboo. Upon reconnecting now NOTHING worked. Oh joy. After agonising I soon discovered that the contact cleaning fluid I used had actually softened and melted the water proofing goop silicon stuff in the ECU connectors. This resulted in a lot of the socket holes being coated in the sealant Long story short the goop has a magic pudding like quality. Ssssoooo hard to remove and even harder to remove entirely I have all three ECU connectors now soaking in turps. And each day gobs of the stuff keep coming out and also leeching into the tiny connector pin sockets. UNBELIEVABLE how much of this sealant was/is in each connector. Take away from this post is NEVER use contact cleaner on your c2/c3/c4 ECU connectors. The sealant will soften and make its way into the tiny connector socket holes.
    I'll be dragging out the compressor and high pressure blast tool to try and clear the contacts tomorrow. Turps was not enough to dissolve the silicon even after two weeks. Just softens it enuf to turn it to snot

Advertisement

OMG! That sucks. Just fix the D!

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    OMG! That sucks. Just fix the D!
    Working on it

Thread Information