A Little C5 help please
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Balouk

Thread: A Little C5 help please

Fellow Frogger!

Default A Little C5 help please

I'm back on the C5 steering wheel electrics again. You may remember my early posts about problems with the lighting/blinkers. My dearly beloved has been driving around without high beam as since I got that problem sorted & put it back together the high beam/flashers don't work. Also the rear washer/wiper won't play the game either. After many hours stuffing with this I now have high/low beam rear W/Wiper still no go BUT when I have the steering wheel back on, airbag connected & do a final check, when I reconnect the battery the horn is permanently blaring away. Doesn't matter if I have the key in or not, nothing makes any difference. I know that the connection of the "strip wires in the comm 2000 is critical as it took me ages to get it in the right position to get the h/low beam issue fixed. Can anyone suggest where I'm going wrong?. cheers Dave

Advertisement
    Just a duckin' & a weavin'

Did you reconnect the earth wire in the steering wheel centre maybe wire floating and connected to power lead?

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for your reply dimistyle The wires at the s/wheel are 3 main cables that connect to the airbag ( can only go one way) & small black wire that goes to a terminal in the body of the wheel & then to a terminal at the back of the airbag, or have I got that wrong. Thanks Dave

That's 100% correct. So does the horn go off with the s/wheel center removed?

Sent from my SM-G900I using aussiefrogs mobile app

Ah, the haunted steering wheel problem. Dimistyle is on the right track. From memory, look at the back of the airbag module. Youíll see a melded shape indented into it. This is where the horn connection slots into. If you donít slot the connector into that space, the connector ďroamsĒ free and jams up against the back of the airbag module - which is the same as you pressing on the horn from the front.

Cheers

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs
    Last edited by Balouk; 16th April 2018 at 02:55 PM.
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

So, having another go at it. There is only 1 connection at the back of the airbag for the horn wire. I have disconnected the horn wire at the airbag, no difference. I have tried disconnecting the horn wire at the airbag & also at the earth point on the steering wheel, with both disconnected the horn still comes on. I am now thinking the problem may be in the connections in the comm2000 which I have had apart a few times.

Fellow Frogger!

I think I know where the problem is. I pulled out the comm2000 , disconnected the flat wire ( 6 contacts from memory) from the light connector on the circuit board & reconnected in a slightly different place. all back together and no horn when battery connectedlow beam ok , high beam ok, won't go back to low beam blinkers ok but horn beeps when you put the blinker on So , me thinks it's a matter of getting the wire in just the right place. so it's in bits on the kitchen bench again. Rang local Citroen repair shop to ask if there is a trick to getting it right, just patience he said & they won't touch them, obviously been burnt before. Patience is not in abundance around here at the moment. cheers Dave

Thread Information