C4 VTS high rpm causes ems fault.
  • Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken W

Thread: C4 VTS high rpm causes ems fault.

Default C4 VTS high rpm causes ems fault.

After a five year break since the C5, i’m A Citroen owner once more with a C4 VTS i’ve been happily bonding with over the last few months.

An unusual problem over Easter though, a spirited drive through the mountains at high rpm sets of warning buzzers, lights and fault codes.
    after about 60 sec around 5-6000 rpm the engine warning light, buzzer, service light, Engine Management System Faulty and Speed Control System Faulty codes all activate. As soon as I backed off the engine warning light went off, but all others remain. Enegine performance seemed unchanged but I took it easy driving home.
    Criuse control came back online 2 days later and service and EMS fault dissappeared the day after that.
    Another more modest but still enthusiastic drive tonight caused the problem to resurface again.
    Car is a low km (66k) ‘05 with recent service and timing belt change. Haven’t done air and fuel filters though.

has anyone come across this issue before?

Advertisement

cheers.

Sounds like it was severe enough to have recorded a few fault records. You need to find someone who can read the fault codes for you and that will give you a lead on where the problem is.

Cheers, Ken
    Greg likes this.

With the cam belt if you can chase up who did it they are very exact on cam timing they have two possible pin locations I have seen this experience before and found timing out

Thread Information