• 1 Post By Ken W
  • 7 Post By Roger Wilkinson
  • 2 Post By k eeles
  • 1 Post By I-Wonder

Thread: citroen mechanic

Tadpole

Icon5 citroen mechanic

Hi everybody,

I've recently bought my very first citroen (c4). Would you kindly share your favourite mechanic shops / service stations that have proven to be knowledgeable with french cars. The google search gave me a couple of options but their reviews were not very great if it was about diagnostics rather than general service.

Advertisement

Location - Brisbane

You can PM me or discuss here.
    Thank you in advance.

1000+ Posts

Welcome to AF and the world of Citroen owners. I'm too far away to help with a mechanic, but which model of C4, and which engine is in it, and which transmission? You will need to give this info if you need help with it later. I do know that our Brisbane members can recommend decent workshops.

Citroen have used C1, C2, C3, C4 and C5 just to describe the vehicle size, with considerable variations in each over the years.

Hi I-Wonder,

Welcome to the forum and the world of Citroen.

I have always recommended Euroserve and now that DS Motors have retired, that would be the only place I would take my Citroens now.

If you google 'aussiefrogs euroserve' you get lots of hits on previous posts. Although there are some bad reviews, the people that are happy with the service don't have a reason to post. Here is one thread to get you started.

Looking for Citroen Service in Brisbane

Cheers, Ken
    Trading Estate likes this.

Tadpole

Looking for Citroen Service in Brisbane

Yes, I saw this post and actually this is how I came about to find aussiefrogs. Unfortunately Euroserve's reviews are not the best.
    Have any of you had any experience with Le French Motor (Woolloongabba) or Zupps Mt Gravatt Peugeo?
    These two so far are not bad based simply on google reviews.

My car is Picasso diesel.

Thanks

Hello I-Wonder,

If all you want from us is some more online reviews to add to the ones you have seen elsewhere, you have come to the wrong place. Aussiefrogs is a community. Introduce yourself, tell us your name, say why you have finally bought a Citroen, just generally hang out with us. Through those discussions and from reading people's other posts and seeing how they interact with other members you will get to know some of us and be able to assess the veracity of our opinions. Ken has been here for more than 15 years and is a true Citroen enthusiast. Everything he writes here is matter-of-fact and sensible. I would trust his assessment of Euroserve ahead of a few poor online reviews from anonymous people whose motivations I cannot assess. In time, you might even come to feel like part of the community and want to stay.

Cheers,
    Roger
    GreenBlood, JohnW, JAJEA and 4 others like this.

Fellow Frogger!

Agreed !!!!!!!!!!!! Euroserve while maybe difficult to get to, may well save you time and money.
    Zupps have proven to be less efficient in diagnosis and seem to put little experience on show ... and that was with a current Peugeot.

Euroserve are well regarded in local circles and while being pretty well inner city, access parking can be awkward, but that is a small price to pay for their expertise.

1000+ Posts

I'm in Sydney, so have no idea of the Brisbane scene, but here there isn't a single current dealer workshop here I'd entrust with a car of mine for anything more than an oil change. There is one former dealer and about half a dozen independent mechanics who really know their stuff about Peugeot and Citroen. Long term owners such as AF members all get to know who they are, often after a bad experience somewhere.

Even oil changes can be problematical when you have a diesel.

Another thing to note is that French regular service parts are astronomically priced via the distributor and dealers and often reasonable from some other importers. The independents know where to go.

Welcome I-wonder.

Our C5's and a Pug 406 were serviced by Euroserve for 18 years without a problem. I would highly recommend.

We moved out of Brisbane and now Cullens at Nambour,are 'just up the road' so the less I have to Brave the Bruce Highway the better.

Most negative reviews are written people who don''t understand that the days of a set of points, new spark plugs and an oil change are long gone. Modern stuff complicated and difficult to work on.
    CXVingtCinq and dimistyle like this.

Fellow Frogger!

I'd have no hesitation recommending Euroserve.

Tadpole

Hi everybody!

Thank you for your honest feedback about the mechanics. I am now feel much more confident in taking my car to Euroserve. Seems like its the most recommended one.
    As I said this is my very first Citroen and very first European car. Previously owned Japanese cars only. And taken into account our recent relocation to Brisbane this is why I had google as the only source for the referrals. Its actually the same for us in other aspects like dentists, gp, places to visit etc.

So thank you very much to every one of you, you have made my life a bit easier.
    With warmest regards,
    I-Wonder, the blondie who knows nothing about cars except that there're lots of them
    Trading Estate likes this.

Thread Information