Is it a Citroen of Fiat?
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,917

    Default Is it a Citroen of Fiat?

    Im sure the 3 vans are all the same arent they?

    Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it a Citroen of Fiat?-180-220-1.jpg  

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts TroyO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    2,511

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Im sure the 3 vans are all the same arent they?
    It's a joint venture between PSA and Fiat, resulting in the Fiat Ducato, Peugeot Boxer and Citroen Jumper.

    It's not the first time they done this. I believe the Peugeot 807/Citroen C8/Fiat Ulysse/Lancia Phedra is another joint venture between the two companies.

    Troy.
    Last edited by TroyO; 10th May 2004 at 01:39 PM.

  3. #3
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by danielsydney
    Im sure the 3 vans are all the same arent they?

    it's a Neortic Taif

  4. #4
    Fellow Frogger! Paul Smith's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Camperdown, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    624

    Icon1

    Daniel,

    They are literally 'badge engineered' - the badges are the only difference. The weird thing is that ATECO import the FIAT vans because the equivalent Citroens would have cost several thousands more each .


    Paul
    Paul Smith

    1974 DS23 EFI BW Auto
    1974 G Special 1220


    http://www.simplicitas.com.au

  5. #5
    Banned Haakon's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    canberra...
    Posts
    8,769

    Default

    The Peugeot badged Citroen Berlingo is actually the more common in Europe...

  6. #6
    Good Sport danielsydney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    NSW
    Posts
    4,917

    Default

    Haakon yes the Peugeot partner.....here is a cool pic of a 4x4 version I believe...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Is it a Citroen of Fiat?-partner2.jpg  

  7. #7
    Sense Pug307's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    4,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by graham66
    it's a Neortic Taif
    What have I started

    Or should that be, "detrats I evah tahW"

    Peugeot 307 XS 1.6
    Aussiefrogged in MEL, PER, SYD, BNE & ADL.
    Rendezvous Adelaide 2005

  8. #8
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,426

    Default

    Unless it's got up 'N" down supsension (or was made pre '80's eg: Traction, 2cv, Hvan, C35, etc, etc) it's not a Citroen. It's just a rebadged poogoe

    Even the later cars that have hydraulic suspension there just a Poogoe, but with vastly superior suspension under 'em

    Can anyone pick a BX from a 405 (er, well yer probably), how about a 405/406 from a Xantia as they approch. They really are the same car underneath...

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  9. #9
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pug307
    What have I started

    Or should that be, "detrats I evah tahW"
    Hey whatever it is - keep it up! If it gets us talking about Neortics, Stoegueps and Stluaners and not that other horrible brand we all know and loathe - that's great!

  10. #10
    Gone Fishin' Ray Bell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Burpengary and Murrumburrah, Qld and NSW
    Posts
    9,223

    Default

    Sacmis?

  11. #11
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Location Location
    Posts
    1,576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bell
    Sacmis?

    Ray do we have any Simca owners here? Excuse my ignorance but weren't they like a French Ford? (Not that there's anything wrong with that!)

  12. #12
    UFO
    UFO is offline
    CitroŽn Tragic UFO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Gerringong, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    9,721

    Default

    Group response here:

    Daniel

    The lady who washes our dog uses one of these Fiats. It is a fantastic van for her and she reckons it goes like a scalded cat. I think Fiat were mostly responsible for the engine with the 2nd generation HDi.

    Haakon

    In UK Berlingo is FAR more common. I should know as I have seen squillions of them in the past 10 days Most of them are diesel engined too.

    Shane

    Citroen did not produce a hydraulically suspended car until 1950ish, therefore your argument is crap.

    Everyone else - cut out this bull with reverse spelling. If you want to act like a pack of prats please do so in the toad pond where it belongs

    Now, that was my rant getting the attitude ready to head to France in a couple of weeks. Tomorrow however we are off to Eire for five days - a weekend in Dublin is first up
    Last edited by UFO; 15th May 2004 at 09:22 AM. Reason: added some bits
    Craig K
    2009 C5 HDi Exclusive

  13. #13
    Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Ballarat,Vic,Aust.
    Posts
    16,426

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by UFO
    Group response here:


    Shane

    Citroen did not produce a hydraulically suspended car until 1950ish, therefore your argument is crap.
    Craig,

    a suggestion, only 3 bottles of red before the next reply and do put your glasses on

    Me thinks Craig has to many

    seeya,
    Shane L.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/showthread.php?t=90325
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

    Yay ... No Slugomatics


    Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

  14. #14
    1000+ Posts zykyra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Simca's are more like a French Chrysler than Ford. They always remind me of Tin-Tin as there was often an Aronde in his comics. There is a nice Vedette over here which is a bizzare US meets France small block V8 sedan (Franc-Yank). Not quite as bizzare however as a Renault Alliance! Bloody yanks should stick too dodgey movies & Burgers! lol....Leave car design to the Europeans!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1972 DS Pallas
    2015 Clio
    2012 DS4
    Simca Arondes (travaux en cours)
    Lotus Elise Club Racer '12


    In WA? Join THE club ! www.frenchandfantastic.com.au

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •