2CV Headlight.
  • Register
  • Help

Thread: 2CV Headlight.

Fellow Frogger!

Default 2CV Headlight.

The glass cover of my 1984 2CV is broken, so I need a headlight cover.
    Does anyone have a second hand or new one?
    I live in Albany W.A.
    Herman

Advertisement

Plenty of reflectors lying around here, on which the only part worth saving is the glass...
    Not too sure yet how much postage from the UK to Australia would be, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkbul45 View Post
    I live in Albany W.A.
    Herman

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Ken H View Post
    Plenty of reflectors lying around here, on which the only part worth saving is the glass...
    Not too sure yet how much postage from the UK to Australia would be, though.

I'll be happy if you could only send me one or two glass and I'll pay for the postage.
    Herman ([email protected])

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Herman,

If my memory serves me correct, DS turning spotlights have the same size lens, carefully cut them out with a Stanley and bobs your uncle.

I'm sure they are easily attainable if originality is not an issue.

Harley

Default 2CV hlight glass

I live in Albany W.A.
    Herman
    I may have one and i'm in Vic
    text me on 0431 603 536 and I will respond today
    cheers
    Rev. Dogboy

1969 DS21 Pallas BVH with leather
    1970 Renault 16TS
    1967 Honda S800 cabrio
    Citroen 1970 DS21 Cabrio replica
    Citroen 1966 ID Safari (with 23 running gear)
    Citroen 1975 DS23 Safari
    1975 VW Kombi poptop
    1987 2CV
    Porsche Boxster S manual
    1988 Vespa PX200E

Cellulose thinners seems to work, dissolving whatever adhesive/sealant was used to attach the glass to the reflector.
    Found one that's already 'free range' and started soaking another lost cause...

2CV Headlight.-006.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Harley View Post
    Hi Herman,
    If my memory serves me correct, DS turning spotlights have the same size lens, carefully cut them out with a Stanley and bobs your uncle.
    I'm sure they are easily attainable if originality is not an issue.
    Harley

A DS turning glass will not have the correct lensing for this low beam / high beam light. I would stick with another ex 2CV glass.

Cheers, Ken

JBN

When all else fails, European 2CV headlight glass seems fine. I think Daffy Duck has those. The 2CV headlights can quickly be aligned in any which way using both hands. There is only one bolt holding them in place. Even with a halogen globe they don't cause any more discomfort on other road users eyes than those bloody modern headlights that should be restricted to those blind bastards that shouldn't even be allowed to drive at night.

At times I envy the US Second Amendment. In my dreams I am lying in a comfortable position with an AR15 at the end of a straight road in the country when a Hilux hits the GIVE ME LIGHT switch to illuminate the next 5 kms of road as though there was an ARL or NRL evening match being played. The poor old roos have lost their night vision for the rest of the evening.

The 2CV is much kinder to local wildlife, finding them in the dark using Braille.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    When all else fails, European 2CV headlight glass seems fine. I think Daffy Duck has those. The 2CV headlights can quickly be aligned in any which way using both hands. There is only one bolt holding them in place. Even with a halogen globe they don't cause any more discomfort on other road users eyes than those bloody modern headlights that should be restricted to those blind bastards that shouldn't even be allowed to drive at night.

At times I envy the US Second Amendment. In my dreams I am lying in a comfortable position with an AR15 at the end of a straight road in the country when a Hilux hits the GIVE ME LIGHT switch to illuminate the next 5 kms of road as though there was an ARL or NRL evening match being played. The poor old roos have lost their night vision for the rest of the evening.

The 2CV is much kinder to local wildlife, finding them in the dark using Braille.

John
    John, i hope someone compiles your forum posts into a book. Bloody brilliant!

Classic!
    Last edited by andrewj; 21st March 2018 at 03:25 AM.

Driving - '90 XM, '85 CX IE Auto, 406 Coupe, 405 srdt wagon, '78 dyane, Resting (or Rusting): '73 Birotor '82 CX Presitige, '81 CX Break IE, GS X2, GS1015 Wagon, GS 1300 5sp Wagon, '76 GS 1220 Wagon, '75 GS Wagon, '58 2CV, '58 Vauxhall Velox

Fellow Frogger!

I'll be happy if you could only send me one or two glass and I'll pay for the postage.
    Herman ([email protected])
    What's new Ken? I am still without the cover.
    Herman

Fellow Frogger!

Whats New Ken? I am still interested.
    Herman

Something of a hiatus, since this had happened and I was under pressure to finish a batch of chassis and get them over to Hull for galvanizing.
    As you probably know, 99% of snow in the UK is of 'the wrong kind' and so the country grinds to a halt...

Whats New Ken? I am still interested.
    Herman
    2CV Headlight.-012.jpg

Anyhow, Spring seems to have arrived this week, so got back to work.
    Got a second glass separated from its backing, only to find that there was a tiny nick at the edge.
    Too slow waiting to soak another one off, so used the ersatz Dremel and ground out what seems to be a type of cement which Citroen used to fasten the parts together..
    With suitable packaging (a plastic container nicked from the kitchen) the parcel falls in the 750g band, so standard post would be £11.40, tracked and signed would be £15.55.
    If you want to proceed, let me know your postal address and other details and we can get things moving.
    ( [email protected] )

2CV Headlight.-006.jpg

Fellow Frogger!

Default 2CV light covers.

Great Ken! Should I return the container so, she who must be obeyed, will never know? :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Ken H View Post
    Anyhow, Spring seems to have arrived this week, so got back to work.
    Got a second glass separated from its backing, only to find that there was a tiny nick at the edge.
    Too slow waiting to soak another one off, so used the ersatz Dremel and ground out what seems to be a type of cement which Citroen used to fasten the parts together..
    With suitable packaging (a plastic container nicked from the kitchen) the parcel falls in the 750g band, so standard post would be £11.40, tracked and signed would be £15.55.
    If you want to proceed, let me know your postal address and other details and we can get things moving.
    ( [email protected] )

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	006.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	97.5 KB 
ID:	104648

Thread Information