2005 C5 MK2 - no heat from heater
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2005 C5 MK2 - no heat from heater

C5 II 5 DOOR SALOON 3.0i V6 24V 211 (ES9A) 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC GEARBOX
    VIN: VF7RCXFUJ76696016

Hello Gentlemen,

My wife has started to nag me about this now that we are starting to come out of summer.

For some reason, she is unable to use the heater in her car. When she sets the temperature to maximum she barely feels any hot air come out it's mildly warm at best. A/C and fans are working great just no heat.

All vents are the same, I have tried switching between front, top and floor with little or no change that I can tell. There is no difference between driver and passenger sides.

Advertisement

It may be the motor flaps or something else. Is there anything I can do to test for sure before I start pulling things apart.

Any help to keep the wife happy would be very appreciated.

Cheers,

Frank

Hi, first check what does the engine temperature gauge shows, it should show halve way within 2 kms from a cold start.
    If this is not the case, your thermostat is possibly faulty and should be replaced also the engine life depends on it!
    Cheers

Sent from my SM-N915G using Tapatalk

1000+ Posts

If hot water is going through (feel the pipe) then it smells of the air mixing flaps. Fortunately the motors on the side are accessible, even if the flaps are buried deep inside. The drive cog on the motor may have ripped out the plastic flap splines. The fix is well covered in AF threads.

Thread Information