Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale
  • Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 5 12345 Last
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

Default Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

I have been reading with interest about the new 2018 Citroen Cactus with the revolutionary suspension featuring hydraulic upper and lower bump stops. It is said to give a magic carpet ride aided by specially designed soft seats.

Advertisement

Very interesting to say the least. I then went to Carsales.com.au to have a look at the price of the car and saw that no 2018 model cars were being offered for sale. However there were no less than sixty eight superseded models from 2016 and 2017 for sale. Most are brand new with an asking price around the twenty eight to thirty one thousand dollars.

Now if I was going to pay this amount for a car I would want the latest model with the upgraded suspension.

Sixty eight old model cars are a lot to sell in such a competitive market.
    jaahn, Motorgnome and danielsydney like this.

Perhaps this situation reflects that Citroen vehicle sales in Australia are currently cactus ?

Something Inchcape, the distributor is allegedly endeavoring to improve.
    Motorgnome likes this.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Yep they ain’t selling so quick lol

1990 Renault 5 GT turbo
    ####current rides####
    1994 205 gti 1.9 sorento green
    1988 205 gti 1.9 uk import grey
    2001 clio 172 sport ph1 #44/85
    1998 306 gti6. Blaze yellow
    1992 Honda Fireblade
    2013 Yamaha fzs sho Jetski
    1998 Supra RZ twin turbo white
    1999 Wrx classic gc8 sonic blue

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by kiamaian View Post

I have been reading with interest about the new 2018 Citroen Cactus with the revolutionary suspension featuring hydraulic upper and lower bump stops. It is said to give a magic carpet ride aided by specially designed soft seats.

Very interesting to say the least. I then went to Carsales.com.au to have a look at the price of the car and saw that no 2018 model cars were being offered for sale. However there were no less than sixty eight superseded models from 2016 and 2017 for sale. Most are brand new with an asking price around the twenty eight to thirty one thousand dollars.

Now if I was going to pay this amount for a car I would want the latest model with the upgraded suspension.

If they knock about $10,000 off those prices and they may sell them!
    danielsydney and Nagaman like this.
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

1000+ Posts

Could the new shocks and seats be retrofitted to the new old stock? Like a recall? Or is it a complete platform redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by graham66 View Post
    Could the new shocks and seats be retrofitted to the new old stock? Like a recall? Or is it a complete platform redesign.
    Not if the manufacturer has his way. I'd suggest the electronics, that go with the new suspension would make the update process impractical.

Now go make me a sandwich Hotrodelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Not if the manufacturer has his way. I'd suggest the electronics, that go with the new suspension would make the update process impractical.
    Aye. Scrapping the 68 cars would be more cost effective.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotrodelectric View Post
    Aye. Scrapping the 68 cars would be more cost effective.
    That's a bit harsh and certainly wasn't intended to be deduced from my post.

Surely there are Citroen buyers who can live without the latest and greatest suspension ?

And even at reduced price, a bit of something is better than a bit of nothing for the seller.

The situation is 100% indicative of Citroen (over) pricing in Australia and precisely why Citroen has so many superseded cacti as old friends.
    Last edited by robmac; 25th February 2018 at 04:01 PM.

Fellow Frogger

Make a crazy offer I guess. Someone might cave in to get a sale at some point, probably near month end. A funky and quite different car vs others in that market segment, but many apparently with optional saleproofing.

I don't think it will be possible to retrofit the older cars with the new suspension, at least not as simply as buying a dealer retrofit conversion kit and just bolting it in. I guess wait and see what turns up and how different the systems actually are as installed before firmly saying it can't be done. It may just require a few DIY modification parts if there is no electronic monitoring system requiring changes. The economics of such a conversion may not stack up vs just buying a new version instead.
    Last edited by David S; 25th February 2018 at 11:40 PM.

That's a bit harsh and certainly wasn't intended to be deduced from my post.

Surely there are Citroen buyers who can live without the latest and greatest suspension ?

And even at reduced price, a bit of something is better than a bit of nothing for the seller.

The situation is 100% indicative of Citroen (over) pricing in Australia and precisely why Citroen has so many superseded cacti as old friends.
    I didn't mean that to be harsh, but looking at it in an objective (to me, anyway) manner vis-a-vis Graham's suggestion to modify the cars. Note that I didn't say it was stupid or some such- that would have been unnecessarily harsh. Thing is, I've been involved in such projects, and the costs can be quite hideous, usually costing more than the original car itself.
    The measure of your character isn't what you do when people are watching- it's what you do when they aren't watching.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Make a crazy offer I guess. Someone might cave in to get a sale at some point, probably new month end. A funky and quite different car vs others in that market segment, but many apparently with optional saleproofing.

I don't think it will be possible to retrofit the older cars with the new suspension, at least not as simply as buying a dealer retrofit conversion kit and just bolting it in. I guess wait and see what turns up and how different the systems actually are as installed before firmly saying it can't be done. It may just require a few DIY modification parts if there is no electronic monitoring system requiring changes. The economics of such a conversion may not stack up vs just buying a new version instead.
    Oh, I got a dollar right here that says it can be done. I've seen some magnificently loony stuff leave the shop. But be prepared to break that piggy bank open.

Perhaps this situation reflects that Citroen vehicle sales in Australia are currently cactus ?

Something Inchcape, the distributor is allegedly endeavoring to improve.
    Halving the dealer network, as they've done, probably isn't going to help sell more cars, especially superseded models.

I'd guess they won't be introducing the new Cactus while there is that much old stock to clear. Might well be some bargains available soon.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    Halving the dealer network, as they've done, probably isn't going to help sell more cars, especially superseded models.

I'd guess they won't be introducing the new Cactus while there is that much old stock to clear. Might well be some bargains available soon.
    Too early to call yet, imo DP.

Time has a habit of revealing perfect truths.

I'd buy one at the right price point - Low 20s on the road and they make a great alternative to i30/Golf/Mazda3.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

they make a great alternative to i30/Golf/Mazda3.
    Although are a SUV and lacking one Ancap star compared to the three alternatives.

JBN

How many people have been saved by ANCAP star ratings? In fact, what is the survivability quotient of each star?

John

Stars are what you see after the accident John.
    Motorgnome and cam740 like this.
    Regards,

Garth.

Fixin' Cit's and got the shits.

'15 DS 5
    '74 GS Convertisseur

In the family
    '51 Traction
    '08 C5 X7 V6

Previous ownership
    '95 XM V6 Series 2
    '96 306 XTDT

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    How many people have been saved by ANCAP star ratings? In fact, what is the survivability quotient of each star?

John
    I have no idea. I simply made a statement of fact to make the point the comparison wasn't apple for apple.

None of them can tow anything though...
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

Hyundai and Mazda 3 are rated 1300 kg braked

VW Golf rated at 1400 kg braked.

Citroen Cactus rated at 825 kg braked.

So, the facts are: all vehicles, with suitable tow bars, are capable of towing something.
    danielsydney likes this.

I too have been watching Cactus pricing... There is still not one vehicle used or otherwise under $20k.. I cant believe that some dealers are still asking $30k for 2016 models...That's just madness!

I prefer the looks of the current (old) model Cactus to the new one that is to be released later..I wish I could have the looks ( & colour choice) of the old model, with the suspension & seats of the new... But that's life hey!

What happens to old unsold stock, I'm sure they don't get shipped back to France?
    danielsydney likes this.

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frog View Post
    What happens to old unsold stock, I'm sure they don't get shipped back to France?
    Why would they be shipped back to France.... when they have been fully bought and paid for by private importers here. specially after they have been built to comply with australian specs.
    Citroen couldn't give 2 hoots about those cars. They've sold them to some private importers and made their profit, now the importers wants to make shit loads by selling them to you.

Just being my Fwench self .
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big Frog View Post
    Why would they be shipped back to France.... when they have been fully bought and paid for by private importers here. specially after they have been built to comply with australian specs.
    Citroen couldn't give 2 hoots about those cars. They've sold them to some private importers and made their profit, now the importers wants to make shit loads by selling them to you.

Just being my Fwench self .

Hey , how come ths S word doesn't attract complimentary asterix?
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Quote Originally Posted by kiamaian View Post

Are they perhaps stock that was previously held by dealers who no longer have a Citroen franchise ?

Page 1 of 5 12345 Last

Thread Information