Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale - Page 5
  • Register
  • Help
Page 5 of 5 First 12345
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Well you certainly wouldn’t suggest Audi are reliable or many versions of VW either.....the 1.2 took years to fix up. You don’t own a French vehicle currently? When did you last ‘experience’ one?.

Advertisement

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs
    For me, all the VAG vehicles I've owned have been extremely reliable and cost effective vehicles to own.

The same as you fleet of Citroens. Didn't you own a Yeti ?
    Trading Estate likes this.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

When it comes to reliability, I suggest you check out “clutch eats gearbox “ on the Briskoda forum dealing with the superior German mechanicals.

One owner clearing his liver.
    Three years ago
    Ad nary a comment that is current in Watercooled, Briskoda, or Ozskoda Forums

I'd suggest VAG has more than likely sorted the issue. Although for one vehicle it hard to see a trend.

All manufacturers have design issues, even Peugeot and Citroen. (as well as VAG, Toyota et al)

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    For me, all the VAG vehicles I've owned have been extremely reliable and cost effective vehicles to own.

The same as you fleet of Citroens. Didn't you own a Yeti ?
    Ones experience........ but not for me out of warranty.
    A German FWD is OK but not a French one?.
    The much quoted AL4 ......what else?. On the other hand - dry DSGs, Sachs clutches, 1.8 oil burners, camshafts and drive chains, ignition harnesses, motronic ecus - all from a superior German manufacturer.
    Their reality has never lived up to their inflated reputation, whereas the French have always been derided for no other reason that they arenít German. Of course the VW problems eventually get resolved over time but imagine the attitude if all these issues were French.

OK so shift the discussion in hand to French versus German engineering.
    I'm sure you have plenty of supporters here.

However, I will remain on topic. "Why are French cars not selling in Australia ?

However, I have to wonder what you were smoking when you purchased a Yeti based on your earlier comments on German engineering ?

Fellow Frogger!

OK so shift the discussion in hand to French versus German engineering.
    I'm sure you have plenty of supporters here.

However, I will remain on topic. "Why are French cars not selling in Australia ?

However, I have to wonder what you were smoking when you purchased a Yeti based on your earlier comments on German engineering ?
    You are a VW aficionados who runs down French cars and you donít like it when itís pointed out. It was 2 year old unwanted stock at a bargain price and was always going to be offloaded before the 3yr dealer warranty ran out, after reading about the way Wolfsburg treated their customers by way of cheating and denial of issues.
    Just imagine if PSA had the same issues.....they would actually deserve their poor image.
    I say again that without serious backing by the dealerships with genuine results PSA products are likely to disappear.

Quote Originally Posted by cam740 View Post
    On their carsales ad for the Picasso and Catcus they list themselves as the ADELAIDE PEUGEOT DEALER, thats not anyones fault but Jarvis IMO

Funny thing is the Cactus WOULD appeal if it was given the chance, My misses is far from an enthusiast, but is really keen to check the Cactus out cause of its consumption figures and funky looks!

They should be marketing the hell outta them to the 30something femaile audience
    Yes, I agree! They should be advertising the fact that they're Adelaide's only Citroen dealer, but you wouldn't know it, with the lack of Citroen signage, so in that regard, they're both at fault.

Did you know Peugeot and Citroen owners now need to take their vehicles to get serviced to Jarvis Ford, Trinity Gardens? Again, not a Peugeot or Citroen sign to be seen when you get there. Now, I'm no expert, but isn't the Service department the main money making machine for the manufacturer? Yet here, we've got Peugeot and Citroen owners rocking up to a Ford dealership to get their vehicles serviced, which has no Peugeot and Citroen service signage, to let others know ...

We still take our Peugeot back to the dealer, as it's still under capped price service and warranty, just, and recently we took it back to Jarvis Ford to have it serviced. It all went fine and there were no issues. As we had asked for a loan car when we booked the car in for it's service, we then cheekily said, seeing this is a Ford dealership and you give your customers a free loan car with any scheduled service, could they waive the cost of our loan car and they did, happily!
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Fellow Frogger!

Surely someone must realise that the small cars in particular are probably 5 - 10K overpriced. I wonder if the Australian (Asian) competition is similarly overpriced in France leading Paris to think the Australian pricing is competitive. Someone is going to have to bite the bullet if progress is to be made.
    The Shepparton dealership has halfheartedly sold Peugeot but they still have no signage mentioning Citroen because they still donít have any product.

Surely someone must realise that the small cars in particular are probably 5 - 10K overpriced. I wonder if the Australian (Asian) competition is similarly overpriced in France leading Paris to think the Australian pricing is competitive. Someone is going to have to bite the bullet if progress is to be made.
    The Shepparton dealership has halfheartedly sold Peugeot but they still have no signage mentioning Citroen because they still don’t have any product.

I've mentioned it before, 2017 plate C3's are roughly the same price as a 2017 plate C4 Cactus and then when the C3 Aircross arrives, will that be around the same price, while 2018 C3's are more expensive than a 208. Their pricing is a mess!

The C3 is about $5,000 more than where is should be and there is no manual option. I know, no one buys manual these days, but some of us still like to drive our cars. My next car will be a manual, if the other half lets me ......
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

You are a VW aficionados who runs down French cars and you don’t like it when it’s pointed out. It was 2 year old unwanted stock at a bargain price and was always going to be offloaded before the 3yr dealer warranty ran out, after reading about the way Wolfsburg treated their customers by way of cheating and denial of issues.
    Just imagine if PSA had the same issues.....they would actually deserve their poor image.
    I say again that without serious backing by the dealerships with genuine results PSA products are likely to disappear.

Let's get something straight. I am no VAG aficionados as you claim. My family has just had a good run with second hand Audi and I've had a good run with a Skoda .

Our Skoda was purchased because it suited our needs and was bang for buck. It's the same engine and platform as the contemporary Audi A1 and Polo Gti. At $25K it was good buying. There was nothing that came within $10k that was was equivalent. And being a wagon was the clincher.

I hardly think that pointing that AL4 & DPO were a poor product & badly supported by Ateco and caused PSA cars severe damage to their reputation is "running French cars down" .

I, personally, would not own a diesel vehicle, so issues with diesels and the community's health are for those who own them to equivocate.

Get off your high horse and read my comments in the context they are intended ie as a possible explanation of why Peugeot and Citroen are not selling vehicles. Perception of being problematic and damaged reputation are implicit in the problem.
    Last edited by robmac; 20th May 2018 at 11:13 PM.
    Trading Estate likes this.

’launch’ of Cactus Black
    seriously?
    who are they kidding?

no mention of the new fancy pants suspension? One tone badging, that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    no mention of the new fancy pants suspension? One tone badging, that makes sense.
    theyíre old stock

JBN

I think black is a most suitable colour in Australia. The tinting place just up from me has a constant stream of black Audi's being tinted in the darkest legal window tint.

The country people go for white because it is cooler and being more in touch with nature, they look at the sky to see what sort of weather we have in sunny Australia. I think city people rely on the TV weather at the end of the news, by which time they have fallen asleep after being worried by the World's worries.

John

Fellow Frogger!

Default agree entirely - reasonable comment by Robmac on the current state of the brand!

Let's get something straight. I am no VAG aficionados as you claim. My family has just had a good run with second hand Audi and I've had a good run with a Skoda .

Our Skoda was purchased because it suited our needs and was bang for buck. It's the same engine and platform as the contemporary Audi A1 and Polo Gti. At $25K it was good buying. There was nothing that came within $10k that was was equivalent. And being a wagon was the clincher.

I hardly think that pointing that AL4 & DPO were a poor product & badly supported by Ateco and caused PSA cars severe damage to their reputation is "running French cars down" .

I, personally, would not own a diesel vehicle, so issues with diesels and the community's health are for those who own them to equivocate.

Get off your high horse and read my comments in the context they are intended ie as a possible explanation of why Peugeot and Citroen are not selling vehicles. Perception of being problematic and damaged reputation are implicit in the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    The new-generation Cactus has only just launched in Europe, and probably won't appear here until late 2018.

As for these being "old stock" I'm not sure, however I'm reasonably certain they haven't had their metal roofs cut off and glass roofs attached locally
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Tadpole

Wow just read this thread and suprised noone even test drove one of the Cactus clogging up car yards across australia. The one I bought is grouse . Zippy , comfortable as far as I can tell fuel efficient , very cool tech features and no confusing buttons or switches . It is easy to find at the shopping centre car park. And flies on the freeway , I really enjoy it . I got a good deal based on the fact that noone else wanted to buy one , they probably read this thread , and Citreon dont advertise this or any other car as far as I can tell. Its good being the only Cactus on the road .Ive seen one other , but only at a roundabout as it went past. The three cylinder turbo is really zippy even moving a big fella like me.The six speed auto is smooth , but i drive like a pensioner transporting a years worth of cat food , and a cat . so others might feel it is clunky .The heating is great , automatic it gets to my favourite room temp while telling me how cold it is outside , aircon hasnt been tested .Sound system is easy to use tablet like thing didital radio is great . However i would have thought A French car would have an ashtray , or more than one espresso sized cup holder.The gps system only tells you that you are in melbourne , not which suburb and really the voices they use are scary. Back windows that dont open are fine by me ,the boot is huge plenty of space for a real , not space saving spare tyre and with five years roadside assist if it stops somewhere Ill ring em much better than previous car a camry with cracked head gasket, much better.

We have just bought one! Pick it up from Melbourne on Saturday! got it for a steal. Can't wait. Will let you all know how it is down the track But the previous post, and Bauke giving me reports let's me know it'll be great!

Now's the time to buy one! Support Citroen!
    Last edited by Lasya; 20th June 2018 at 04:10 PM.
    tasie C5, SLC206, iLaguna and 3 others like this.
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

Well we love it! Easy to drive, fun spacious. No where near as fuel efficient as they say though... A little bit worried for the future with the back of the intake valves with the DI but we'd buy another.
    Gillian and Chris

74 D Special, and now a 74 Pallas 23 5 speed with air(maybe). And now a Cactus!

Oh, and a Holden.

Lasya, Tibetan goddess of the moon and beauty who carries a mirror.

Fellow Frogger!

There still seems to be an oversupply of Cactus https://www.caradvice.com.au/670485/...relaunch-2019/

Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale-cactus.jpg
    Lasya likes this.

Page 5 of 5 First 12345

Thread Information