Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale - Page 4
  • Register
  • Help
Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last
Like Tree56Likes

Thread: Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    Can someone tell me about the Cactus EGS - does it have a t-bar?
    No, it has three buttons on the console and paddle shifts behind the steering wheel. Oh, and a wildly-oversized manual handbrake

Advertisement

Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale-cactus2.jpg
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

oh, thats what that is ...
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

the one I drove recently was a 5-speed
    I used the paddies a lot, especially on the N222 in Portugal

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    I'd buy one at the right price point - Low 20s on the road and they make a great alternative to i30/Golf/Mazda3.
    i'm looking at them as a possible replacement for the wife's Estima, she likes sitting up, wants an auto and doesnt want anything too thirsty.

Also tempted for me to get once the Clio is out of lease, 6's fuel economy is appealing when i'm doing at least 150km a day (75km each way), would be nice to drive a manual again

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    I haven't seen a rear window rolled down for ages - years even. Not since AC became universal.
    only handy for the kids needing to spew, although thats what chuck bags are for!

Quote Originally Posted by jo proffi View Post
    Opening one rear window in my Koleos will cause serious head explosion pain.
    I have heard LF oscillations and felt discomfort in other cars, but this Suv takes it to a whole other level. Its like some crowd control weapon Renault have unleashed on its owners.
    On the plus side...it works real good on the Mrs when she starts nagging me for for taking corners to fast!!

jo
    Thats a horrid feeling, when one window is down the buffeting kills me! Glad its not jsut me it happens to, as my wife doesnt notice a thing in any of our cars
    Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    Its is 70 years since the 2CV first hit the market. They were sold for over 40 years. They always had fixed rear windows. They never had aircon. They did however have a full length roll back roof. Enough to blow the spots off a Dalmatian.

I feel the future of motor cars would be best served by turning electric refrigerators into vehicles. A wheel at each corner, none steerable. They would tick all the boxes - electric, no pedals to depress, no steering wheel to twiddle, cold, full length sunroof and you could play with the mobile phone all day because there is nothing else to do with your hands.

John.
    Idle hands make the devils work John!

Quote Originally Posted by RobL View Post
    Email from Citroen today:

See CITROËN Australia - New Cars, Servicing and Parts

Citroen now offering a 7 year warranty.

Rolfe advertising Citroen (and Peugeot) in Canberra every week since they took on the dealership - a few months ago.

All a good sign for the future (I hope). At least it's a start.

RobL

The warranty's on these are really confusing, so far i have seen 3 years, 5 years and 7 years offered!

Anyone on here bought one and happy to give a run down?

Fellow Frogger!

Now that the International Car Show is a thing of the past, as an owner of these large shopping malls struggling to keep their tenants, I’d be happy to have a discussion with the local car dealerships with the idea of literally giving them space to display their wares which would surely encourage more men to the idea of a day at the shops.
    PSA’s biggest problem is that the general public don’t even consider a French vehicle.
    Unfortunately I expect a bit of lateral thinking is asking a bit much.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

1000+ Posts

You can see Renaults at Westfield in Hornsby. Only Inchcape knows why you can't see a Picasso.

PSA’s biggest problem is that the general public don’t even consider a French vehicle.
    A freaking understatement.

And you are remiss if you try to blame the Buying Public for that.

When the advertising budget has been close to zero, the reliabily sh!thouse, dealer support (with notable exceptions) three fifths of nothing and the distributor , in the past, sitting on their shell pink a*#se refusing to honor transmission problems that are clearly a "feature" of the design.

The major problem now is French vehicles have such a tarnished name they are harder sell than Ugly Chinese SUV. They have morphed into a vehicle that only a French Car enthusiast would purchase. They could triple their Sales by advertising on AF.

Renault are the exception. They saw the writing on the wall with distributors, and took the reigns themselves. For which they have been amply rewarded with sales going from strength to strength.

PSA need to introduce a similar business model, which they won't do because they are no longer focused on wooing the buyer. They only care about Sales and some twisted logic, which escapes me, suggests they can't the correlation between the two.

Don't blame the buying public for what is deep seated bad attitude to marketing and supporting the product in Australia.

As observer I would suggest the situation is going get a lot worse, before getting better, if it ever does get better. The Australian market is so small it be cheaper for them to withdraw from Australia completely.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

Fellow Frogger!

The marketing can be a win win if only they talked to each other.
    My local dealership would rather sell their alternative Mazda.
    I checked out the 3008 and the salesman wanted to sell me a CX5 because he felt lost trying to tell me about the Pug. Hopeless!

1000+ Posts

the reliabily sh!thouse
    Funny, but that says VW to me, and I know you bought one from that group. All makes have problems, even the Japanese. Cits haven't proved expensive to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Funny, but that says VW to me, and I know you bought one from that group. All makes have problems, even the Japanese. Cits haven't proved expensive to maintain.
    You need a lesson in comprehension. The operative phrase is
    in the past
    The AL4/DPO disaster was clearly a nail in the marketing coffin and other marques use the FUD generated as marketing tool.

Try to sell or trade a PSA vehicle with a AL4 to to used car dealer. The word is out.

Unfortunately there are not the buyer numbers with positive perceptions to get word out that the more modern incarnation of PSA vehicles, are equal or better to most in the market.

And when selling cars buyer perception is everything. A a bad perception is like a smelly fish :it lingers.

Current pugs have model specific issues, however many have been repaired under warranty (but they weren't repaired so willingly in the past)

I purchased from Skoda based my own detailed research. And bang for buck and a decent network of service agents was a criteria.

I waited in the Brighton Renault showroom for a hour, browsing the cars, nobody even bothered to ask me if I wanted to a buy car.

The Sales dude was too busy chatting to the receptionist.

They had two cars in stock.

A Clio Rs (which needed a contortion act to enter and had no rear vision and was impossible to see the front of the bonnet whilst seated) My wife spat the dummy on appearance alone.

And a Koleos diesel with all the fruit ( diesels weren't on the shopping list and we had just sold a SUV anyway)

So we walked two car yards further on and found Skoda. We saw a Fabia wagon and then a Sales rep met us at the car with keys and told us about the Fabia RS during the drive. After a drive I loved the car. I went home and did the necessary research and was satisfied.

The next day we talked money and I purchased a Fabia RS wagon (2nd last in Australia) , with an Alpine Sat Nav fitted for around, $25K all up 5 year warranty, 5 year roadside assist and 5 year capped price service included.

It was a no brainer decision. And I have to say it's the first new car I've owned that has never has an issue of any kind to report to the service department.

Draw you own conclusions -and ask yourself why PSA are currently in a hole ?
    And be aware the car market is very competitive. And turning away potential customers for any reason is suicide.
    Last edited by robmac; 19th May 2018 at 10:43 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

If PSA don’t establish their own dealerships I don’t see how they can ever increase their sales.
    Dealerships sell anything that sells in big numbers and PSA are simply tacked on but with minimal enthusiasm for the brand.
    Melbourne Peugeot was actually a Ford/VW/Peugeot dealership.
    The importer is ultimately no different .

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    A freaking understatement.

And you are remiss if you try to blame the Buying Public for that.

When the advertising budget has been close to zero, the reliabily sh!thouse, dealer support (with notable exceptions) three fifths of nothing and the distributor , in the past, sitting on their shell pink a*#se refusing to honor transmission problems that are clearly a "feature" of the design.

The major problem now is French vehicles have such a tarnished name they are harder sell than Ugly Chinese SUV. They have morphed into a vehicle that only a French Car enthusiast would purchase. They could triple their Sales by advertising on AF.

Renault are the exception. They saw the writing on the wall with distributors, and took the reigns themselves. For which they have been amply rewarded with sales going from strength to strength.

PSA need to introduce a similar business model, which they won't do because they are no longer focused on wooing the buyer. They only care about Sales and some twisted logic, which escapes me, suggests they can't the correlation between the two.

Don't blame the buying public for what is deep seated bad attitude to marketing and supporting the product in Australia.

As observer I would suggest the situation is going get a lot worse, before getting better, if it ever does get better. The Australian market is so small it be cheaper for them to withdraw from Australia completely.
    I feel your frustration! Even though we've never owned a Citroen and have only ever owned one Peugeot, a 2008 which is currently in our garage, all I want to see is the two brands succeed, but in the current climate, there's just no urgency from Inchcape and sales of Citroen in particular, haven't improved.

Now, take the situation in Adelaide for example. In November 2017, Inchcape released the new national dealer listing for Citroen, which was being implemented and was effective from 1st December 2017. During that period of time, if you went to Citroen Australia's web site, it had listed Jarvis Citroen as the sole Adelaide dealer. Previously, it had been the Belcar Group.

Roll onto April 2018, and the Jarvis Group had finally listed Citroen as one of their brands, along with Peugeot and Skoda, which they had also picked up, amongst others that are part of their group.

Like nearly all Peugeot and Citroen dealerships in Australia, the two brands share showroom space here, but it's also part of their Subaru dealership. Go to the dealership and you'll see a sea of Subaru's and used cars, six Peugeots and three Citroens.

I went and checked out a new C3 last Sunday, but it was on a ramp/yard stand and tucked up near a fence, making it very difficult to have a close look at the car. The other two Citroens on display, were a demo Black C4 Catcus One Tone and a demo Blue Grand C4 Picasso.

Now, we're 5 months into 2018 and there is still no signage to say that there is a Peugeot dealership at the location, let alone a Citroen dealership. There is literally no Citroen signage what so ever. I noticed even the C3 and C4 Cactus DEMO's they have in the yard, had 'Jarvis Peugeot' number plate surrounds, so by the looks of it, they don't even have 'Jarvis Citroen' plate surrounds for their stock. But considering there's no Citroen signage at all, I'm not surprised!

It's pathetic really! But is it the fault of Jarvis? I don't think it is, it has to be Inchcape.
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

It's pathetic really! But is it the fault of Jarvis? I don't think it is, it has to be Inchcape.
    Ultimately the "fault" is with PSA management. They appoint the Australian distributors and are responsible for monitoring their performance.

Ultimately the "fault" is with PSA management. They appoint the Australian distributors and are responsible for monitoring their performance.
    I agree.

They, Jarvis Citroen, have been 'operational' for a month and a half now, they have three vehicles in stock, which have all been registered as demonstrators, I'd be very surprised if they've actually sold a new Citroen since then, as no one would even know they exist and because there is zero marketing and advertising from Inchcape, no one is even looking to buy one! How the feck, do the expect to sell anything??

Two months ago we read reports that Inchcape were now concentrating on getting Citroen moving, now that they've re-launched Peugeot, but still we've seen zip in the way of marketing and advertising!
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Fellow Frogger!

Default Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

I doubt if there is massive competition for the PSA importation business.
    The figures point to doing out of sympathy and as a service to the public.
    Pity that the public (as opposed to the enthusiast) couldn’t care less

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    I

Roll onto April 2018, and the Jarvis Group had finally listed Citroen as one of their brands, along with Peugeot and Skoda, which they had also picked up, amongst others that are part of their group.
    There is literally no Citroen signage what so ever. I noticed even the C3 and C4 Cactus DEMO's they have in the yard, had 'Jarvis Peugeot' number plate surrounds, so by the looks of it, they don't even have 'Jarvis Citroen' plate surrounds for their stock. But considering there's no Citroen signage at all, I'm not surprised!

On their carsales ad for the Picasso and Catcus they list themselves as the ADELAIDE PEUGEOT DEALER, thats not anyones fault but Jarvis IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    I doubt if there is massive competition for the PSA importation business.
    The figures point to doing out of sympathy and as a service to the public.
    Funny thing is the Cactus WOULD appeal if it was given the chance, My misses is far from an enthusiast, but is really keen to check the Cactus out cause of its consumption figures and funky looks!

They should be marketing the hell outta them to the 30something femaile audience

...as a service to the public.
    Why should "the public" care at all ?

There are no special concessions for buying PCA vehicles. Especially Citroen which are overpriced compared to the competition.

And there is strong competition for many other brands who are prepared to work harder to sell their products.

To coin a phrase "it's not the public's problem" : the seller needs to attract buyers to their products. Not to automatically expect "the public" to buy them.

IMO Peugeot and Citroen are doomed unless some marketing commonsense and sensible customer service is developed.

And the present indications are that Inchcape are incapable of doing it.

Fellow Frogger!

Why should "the public" care at all ?

There are no special concessions for buying PCA vehicles. Especially Citroen which are overpriced compared to the competition.

And there is strong competition for many other brands who are prepared to work harder to sell their products.

To coin a phrase "it's not the public's problem" : the seller needs to attract buyers to their products. Not to automatically expect "the public" to buy them.

IMO Peugeot and Citroen are doomed unless some marketing commonsense and sensible customer service is developed.

And the present indications are that Inchcape are incapable of doing it.
    Who said the public are required to care ?.
    Am I your special project?.
    This is a forum for all to participate with their opinions in this particular case.
    Which PSA product do you own?.
    Do you have to belong to a club to allow an opinion to be expressed?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Who said the public are required to care ?.
    Am I your special project?.
    This is a forum for all to participate with their opinions in this particular case.
    Which PSA product do you own?.
    Do you have to belong to a club to allow an opinion to be expressed?.

Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

Ask yourself. You suggested they should.

Of course, you can express any opinion you see fit. And I'm expressing my opinion, what just happens to be different to yours.

The very basis of Forum discussions.

.as a service to the public.
    Pity that the public (as opposed to the enthusiast) couldn’t care
    Last edited by robmac; 20th May 2018 at 07:07 PM.

One thing that i do find appealing , with all of the Frenchies, is the length of Warranty, and the unlimited KM aspect of it. The fact they are willing to put 5 years (or 7 if you get lucky) on them, and the likes of Toyota put 3 year/100,000km , i find really attractive. I'd struggle to justify buying brand new with a 3 year warranty, but it seems i am in the minority there as plenty do buy em....

Didn't Citroen used to come with a 6 year warranty????

Fellow Frogger!

Ask yourself. You posted the "claim"

The only ‘claim’ is the failure to genuinely promote TO the public. What knowledge do you actually have of French vehicles that gives you the insight to advise that Citroen have “sh!thouse reliability”.
    Please feel free to provide some proof because it runs completely counter to my considerable experience as an actual owner.

What knowledge do you actually have of French vehicles that gives you the insight to advise that Citroen have “sh!thouse reliability”.
    Read the thread carefully, the claim was made relating specifically to DPO and AL 4 trans.

Or do you really believe these transmissions were in any way reliable ?

I've already cleared up a similar misconception for Seasink, early in the thread.

Edit:
    For the record I've had exactly the same "reliability experience" based on a look term relationship with Audi. And after having multiple A3, Q3 and now a SQ5 in the extended family have not experienced any issues, engine or DSG with any of vehicles, some travelling in excess 200,000 km.

Which serves to prove exactly nothing other than, like you, I've had a succession reliable vehicles.
    Last edited by robmac; 20th May 2018 at 07:31 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Read the thread carefully, the claim was made relating specifically to DPO and AL 4 trans.

Or do you really believe these transmissions were in any way reliable ?

I've already cleared up a similar misconception for Seasink, early in the thread.
    Well you certainly wouldn’t suggest Audi are reliable or many versions of VW either.....the 1.2 took years to fix up. You don’t own a French vehicle currently? When did you last ‘experience’ one?.

My last French daily driver was a 505.
    IMO Peugeot lost their pedigree when they moved to FWD.
    And went backwards further when they started extreme and price driven mass production in order to chase the mass market and the mighty dollar.

Hardly relevant to the current issues of marketing and customer support of PCA which is the topic in hand.

edit: FWIW I've had extended drives of Citroen and Peugeot product as of a couple years ago, when we were looking to purchase a new car. However we excluded diesel vehicles from brief, wanted an Auto and Al4/Dpo were still in vogue, so the choice was limited.

I agree that the most recent product is a step forward in quality and the attitude to warranty service has improved .

Sadly, I doubt I will be buying another car any time soon.
    Last edited by robmac; 20th May 2018 at 07:51 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

My last French daily driver was a 505.
    IMO Peugeot lost their pedigree when they moved to FWD.
    And went backwards further when they started extreme and price driven mass production in order to chase the mighty dollar.

Hardly relevant to the current issues of marketing and customer support of PCA which is the topic in hand.
    FWD ?
    So which RWD do you currently own?.
    When it comes to reliability, I suggest you check out “clutch eats gearbox “ on the Briskoda forum dealing with the superior German mechanicals.
    The Germans struggle to produce reliable drivetrains to a greater extent than the French.

Page 4 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread Information