• Help
Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

Email from Citroen today:

See CITROňN Australia - New Cars, Servicing and Parts

Advertisement

Citroen now offering a 7 year warranty.

Rolfe advertising Citroen (and Peugeot) in Canberra every week since they took on the dealership - a few months ago.

All a good sign for the future (I hope). At least it's a start.

RobL

Quote Originally Posted by RobL View Post
    Email from Citroen today:

See CITROňN Australia - New Cars, Servicing and Parts

Citroen now offering a 7 year warranty.

Rolfe advertising Citroen (and Peugeot) in Canberra every week since they took on the dealership - a few months ago.

All a good sign for the future (I hope). At least it's a start.

RobL
    Rob that offer appears to be only for 2017 plate passenger cars and only until the end of March, 2018 vehicles have a 5 year warranty / 5 year roadside assist *with conditions. . .

*At participating dealers only. Offers valid on 2017 plate new and demonstrator passenger cars (excluding Berlingo) bought and delivered between March 9 – 31, 2018, or while stocks last. Balance of 7 year / unlimited km warranty from date of first registration and consists of 4 year extended warranty provided by CitroŽn Automobiles Australia in addition to standard 3 year factory warranty. Excludes fleet and government buyers.

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger

It's a 2017 plate sale. Presumably the compliance plate year, but the build year could in some cases be 2016. Do note the fine print and very limited period per Greenblood's post above. (SNAP - beat me to it!) I assume the dealers will have to contribute a good chunk of the extension cost from their margin. It's probably better than some Korean 7 year warranties as they tend to have quite a lot of exclusions as the car ages.

p.s. The 2017 plate offer during March also includes $500 of accessories and stamp duty being paid for. Yard pricing has typically become driveaway, so that benefit could easily get lost in the deal if you are not careful about how the prices are being quoted.

Quote Originally Posted by robmac View Post
    Are you absolutely sure of that ?

It is standard business practice for stock of high cost items to be sold on consignment. Ie the manufacturer bears the cost of the stock until it is sold at a retail level.

I have no in knowledge of how Inchcape handles stock costs, especially since it is stock previously "owned" and imported by an ex distributor.
    I think you misunderstood what Harrison was saying on the previous page. As I read it, he meant that the factory had sold the cars to a private importer (i.e. Ateco, Sime, Inchcape, whoever) and therefore the factory does not want them back. I think he'd be correct. Once they are built and sold into Australia or wherever, a return to sender is very unlikely and they just have to be sold. If the factory built the cars incorrectly and in a way that meant they could not comply for registration, that may be a different matter and they might need to ship them elsewhere to dispose of them.

When Sime took over from Ateco, there were quite a few DS3s that Ateco owned and were not transferred to Sime. Ateco then dribbled them out as used cars with the balance of the factory warranty for many months. At the same time you could go to a dealer and pay more to buy a DS3 sold by Sime via the dealers as a new car. This is not what happened when Sime transferred Peugeot and Citroen to Inchcape as far as I know. All the stock rolled over to Inchcape and they then set about clearing the older ones with some quite deep discounting and promotions for both new and demo cars, especially with some Pugs. Sime had publicly admitted to having misjudged the ordering at one point and that left them with an overhang of old stock. Mostly 308s from memory.

Generally, cars in a dealership are on floorplan finance. It's not necessarily provided by the manufacturer and there will be incentives for shifting older cars via the structure. Some dealers with cash will buy their stock outright, but floorplan finance is essential for most of them to carry stock. Some of the Cacti out there will predate Inchcape and some are now owned by former dealers and technically treated as already delivered for warranty purposes.

There were 70 listings via Carsales a few days ago. End of month or the end of a quarter this month could see increased desire to shift some of the '90 days beige' unsold cars. Often many more than 90 days in stock. The 7 year warranty should help shift a few during March.
    Last edited by David S; 10th March 2018 at 12:53 AM. Reason: .... SNAP!

And just for everyone's amusement, there are now 103 for sale!! I like them in that Baltic Blue!
    jo proffi and David S like this.
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Guys,

Thanks for your comments.

I understood that the 7 year warranty only refers to 2017 plated cars, but at least it helps raise the profile of the brand.

With the backlog of unsold Cacti, and the knowledge of the new model on sale in Europe, the superseded models may need a significant price reduction to move them.

Cheers,

RobL

JBN

I think the 7 year warranty means that IF they sell all the cars, some may end up with a 12 month warranty when they are eventually sold in 6 years time.

I wonder who the distributor will be then?

John

King Internal Bypass (IBP)

Obviously used in off road applications, so could suitable ones be added to the old C4's to make them ride like a new one? 😉
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

I drove the older model Cactus in Europe last year, with the push-button auto
    it was ok, but I'm a C5 driver so no comparison - nor does it stack up against spouse's c4
    it's good to see the 6-speed is here, but the model I just checked at random on carsales is priced at $32,990 drive away - no one will buy that

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Jinandfonic View Post
    ...and if you want a diesel the second series will only come out here as a petrol.
    Are the diesels any good? Out of those 68 (now 99) only 2 are diesel. Why is that?

1000+ Posts

Future? You just described the 80's Toyota Crown. The airconditioner was bigger than the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    I feel the future of motor cars would be best served by turning electric refrigerators into vehicles. A wheel at each corner, none steerable. They would tick all the boxes - electric, no pedals to depress, no steering wheel to twiddle, cold, full length sunroof and you could play with the mobile phone all day because there is nothing else to do with your hands.

John.

2003 PEUGEOT 206 GTi

Quote Originally Posted by graham66 View Post
    Are the diesels any good? Out of those 68 (now 99) only 2 are diesel. Why is that?
    Legitimate Environmental concerns - some German cities banning them etc
    https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....l-new-asbestos
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

The diesels should be a bargain buy then?

Why? Because they no longer import a diesel version, so the remaining diesels are actually being sold. Unfortunately, it only came with a 6sp EGS (automated manual).
    Regards,

Simon

2014 208 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

So again to be clear, the diesels should be the bargain buy of this lot? Given the apparent economy advantage... and given OZ is not Paris, London, Germany etc.. (Dud gearboxes notwithstanding)

Dud? imho, it is the gearbox i'd want.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

UFO

Blah blah blah, EGS crap, blah blah blah.....

Deb and I love our C4 HDi EGS. It's the car I drive every day (90km return) and it does exactly what it's supposed to do. Just drive it!

I'd like it noted that when I said "Unfortunately" it was in relation to there being only one gearbox option (ie. no manual) for the diesel Cactus

I've no quarrel with the EGS, I think it works quite well on the two models (Cactus and Grand C4 Picasso) that I've driven.

If you don't drive it like a bogan Aussie auto driver, then it's a perfectly adequate gearbox (if one has to drive a car without a clutch pedal).
    UFO likes this.
    Regards,

Simon

2014 208 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger

In function and partly in form, EGS is a modern day version of BVH. Sensodrive functioned in much the same way as BVH, but it was all electromechnical. Did you know EGS has oil, a small pump, an accumulator, a hydraulic release bearing and hydraulic gear selection?

Good to know, thanks Simon, noted.

Now back to my Q in #60, are the diesels any good??

It seems odd to me there’s only 2 available of those 99... have they all been snapped up/being held on to? Or did they not import many to begin with? They seem the pick of the bunch to me.

Can someone tell me about the Cactus EGS - does it have a t-bar?

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

So again to be clear, the diesels should be the bargain buy of this lot? Given the apparent economy advantage... and given OZ is not Paris, London, Germany etc.. (Dud gearboxes notwithstanding)
    https://www.carsguide.com.au/car-rev...st-video-42020

Fellow Frogger!

Well one hipster seems impressed and THAT is an old non progressive hydraulic cushions model. He failed to mention the fixed rear side windows. Lets hope the air con is good.

JBN

The 2CV also has fixed rear windows and no air-conditioning.

The front windows don't wind up or down, they just flap. Although it is a duck, the windows don't flap fast enough for flight. The flapping windows are one of the few things that distract other drivers away from their phones as they ponder what sort of animal is that and is it preparing for take-off?

John

Outstanding economy and gearbox a smooth shifter on the highway according to the review which tallies with Craig’s assessment, but only has a spacesaver spare wheel so I’m out.

Page 3 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread Information