Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale - Page 2
  • Register
  • Help
Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Sixty eight Citroen Cactus cars for sale

Should sack their Australian marketing person. Who would bring a car to Australia called a CACTUS.

Advertisement

You can sell then quickly by pulling off the badges and relabelling as a Hiunday i25.
    Car buyers would not know difference from a Hyundai i25
    robmac and JohnW like this.

Quote Originally Posted by driven View Post
    Should sack their Australian marketing person. Who would bring a car to Australia called a CACTUS.

You can sell then quickly by pulling off the badges and relabelling as a Hiunday i25.
    Car buyers would not know difference from a Hyundai i25
    Psst, the marketing person who brought this batch of Cacti to Australia has already been sacked.
    danielsydney and driven like this.
    Mutual Respect is Contagious

If I was stuck with that many cars I’d try and flog them discounted to a rental group or start up a franchise/rental/uber/sharing scenario where the cars are then getting plenty of exposure to the public who then after trotting around in them ( and getting a dose of quiet sales technique) might go ‘I want one, they are neat’ and then flog off the new ones with the updated suspension, hey they’re even better than the one you rented etc. Andre would agree for sure!

if each car turned into 4 new sales of Cacti that would be a result in itself?

its pretty simple shit really.

Driver/ rental person “ they’re French you know, very chic, French, and they’re so comfortable”
    Passenger Renter “comfortable?”
    other “ comfortable? did I say comfortable? Yes they are extremely comfortable, more comfortable than any other car”

ha ha
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 28th February 2018 at 09:12 PM.

Based on un-solicited feedback while uBer-ring a Grand-Piano for 11 months being overwhelmingly positive - that would be a Very Good Idea (other brands do it, btw) it's kinda like the Tardis interior gag in Dr Who: waiting for it to dawn on the uninitiated ...
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 28th February 2018 at 10:46 PM.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

they might want to rebadge the suckers while they’re at it, C4 Confort! oh hang on. Conforty?

'Succulent'?
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

see? brainstorming. Win.

Andre McCitroenface....
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 28th February 2018 at 11:39 PM.

1000+ Posts

Hi
    They should be given to the NSW Premier to sell. She thinks her government can sell the idea of a $2.4 billion knockdown and rebuild of 2 perfectly good sports stadiums, to the punters here. Selling those cars should be a cake walk
    Jaahn

The other problem I see here, is that there are plenty of 2017 plated C3 hatches that are priced the same as the 2017 plated C4 Cactus stock!! This just goes to show the problems Citroen Australia are facing with the pricing of it's products.

The C3 hatch needs to be cheaper and with a manual option and the Cactus needs to hold that pricing of $26,000. Then there is the C3 Aircross! I wonder how they'll price that when it would sit below the Cactus and above the C3 hatch??
    jaahn and danielsydney like this.
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Apparently the current car rides better than most small SUV’s anyway (Kimmo bought one & said it feels the same as his X7 in softness); and if you want a diesel the second series will only come out here as a petrol.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

Default Ninety Five Citroen Cactus cars for sale

There are now ninety five Citroen Cactus cars listed for sale on Carsales.com.au.

They are simply too expensive. I bought a Citroen Berlingo back in 2000 for $16,900 when this model was being introduced into Australia and sales boomed. Buyers want value for money.

I would consider the latest model with the new improved suspension and seats but apparently it will not come to Australia until the end of this year.
    danielsydney likes this.

with the new improved suspension and seats but apparently it will not come to Australia until the end of this year.
    Probably because there 95 earlier model cars to "dispose" of.

1000+ Posts

It's like the C4 B7 model. It has a very comfortable ride, plenty of space, and is far nicer to be in than a Golf for example. At first you could get one in the low twenties, like other hatchbacks. Then they went up to around thirty, and they got left. Citroen has got to price cars competitively if it wants to sell them.
    danielsydney likes this.

It has a very comfortable ride, plenty of space, and is far nicer to be in than a Golf for example.
    Your opinion may not be shared by other buyers.

Last year VW sold 15,000 + Golf vehicles. And Citroen sold less than 1500 Cacti.

I'd suggest you are comparing cars in a different market segment anyway.

Or it could be VHS format versus Beta format revisited.

1000+ Posts

You missed my point. Few people have made the comparison, partly because of price and poor marketing by Citroen. Note: the C4 B7, not the Cactus.

Those who have used both cars regularly around town (excluding the GTI model), and I know four as well as myself, prefer the C4. It has a far better ride, and is roomier.

Note: the C4 B7, not the Cactus
    Apologies for my oversight. I thought we were discussing sales of the Cactus in this thread.

Default New Cactus will make Old one, well, Cactus....

https://youtu.be/Wby_294SWNo

Sounds like we should wait for the new one. I hope they bring out a manual here (another reason to buy the current one?) Trouble is the lack of rear roll down windows remains. A C5 Crossover hopefully will follow soon.
    Last edited by Jinandfonic; 9th March 2018 at 04:29 PM.
    Citroen C5 II manual '05; C4 Exculsive '07; Citroen CX2200 Pallas '76; CX2400 C-matic Pallas '78

1000+ Posts

I haven't seen a rear window rolled down for ages - years even. Not since AC became universal.
    cam740 likes this.

That cactus figure is nearly what Citroen is selling per year here in Australia.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    I haven't seen a rear window rolled down for ages - years even. Not since AC became universal.
    Dogs and children LOVE open rear windows....even short legged dogs that struggle to get their noses out !
    Jinandfonic likes this.

They've sold them to some private importer
    Are you absolutely sure of that ?

It is standard business practice for stock of high cost items to be sold on consignment. Ie the manufacturer bears the cost of the stock until it is sold at a retail level.

I have no in knowledge of how Inchcape handles stock costs, especially since it is stock previously "owned" and imported by an ex distributor.

The Cactus service manual must have put people off.
    https://www.wikihow.com/Save-a-Dying-Cactus

1000+ Posts

Having dogs in cars is a big time put off for nearly everyone. Most drivers I know don't want open windows with children in the back. So rear window winders are rarely used.

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Having dogs in cars is a big time put off for nearly everyone. Most drivers I know don't want open windows with children in the back. So rear window winders are rarely used.
    Opening one rear window in my Koleos will cause serious head explosion pain.
    I have heard LF oscillations and felt discomfort in other cars, but this Suv takes it to a whole other level. Its like some crowd control weapon Renault have unleashed on its owners.
    On the plus side...it works real good on the Mrs when she starts nagging me for for taking corners to fast!!

jo
    85Fuego and cam740 like this.

JBN

Its is 70 years since the 2CV first hit the market. They were sold for over 40 years. They always had fixed rear windows. They never had aircon. They did however have a full length roll back roof. Enough to blow the spots off a Dalmatian.

I feel the future of motor cars would be best served by turning electric refrigerators into vehicles. A wheel at each corner, none steerable. They would tick all the boxes - electric, no pedals to depress, no steering wheel to twiddle, cold, full length sunroof and you could play with the mobile phone all day because there is nothing else to do with your hands.

John.
    Peter Roberts likes this.

Page 2 of 5 First 12345 Last

Thread Information