2009 C4 LCD Multifunction display flickering
  • Register
  • Help
    Tadpole

Default 2009 C4 LCD Multifunction display flickering

Hi all,
    My daughter has a 2009 C4 with the display that sits on top of the dashboard.
    It started flickering only when it got hot but now its doing it all the time.
    I've read that to try adjusting the brightness knob so it stops may stop it.
    Also remove it from the dash and clean the wire harness connections.
    Another said it may be the dry joints have cracked and need to be repaired.

Advertisement

Just wondering if any one else has had the same issue.

Thanks all !

Ian

Is it just the backlight that is flickering or is it the actual lettering on the display?

Cheers, Ken

Fellow Frogger

Good question from Ken. The thumbwheel on the steering wheel was known to sometimes suffer slight corrosion of the contacts and the advice was to roll it back and forward 30 times. I can't recall what the C4 has for adjustment of brightness, but perhaps try repeat operation of the brightness control to begin with. Permanently missing segments of the display are a different matter.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by Ken W View Post
    Is it just the backlight that is flickering or is it the actual lettering on the display?

Cheers, Ken
    Hi,
    Just the actual lettering. Looks like its breaking up then settles down and starts doing it again.

Tadpole

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Good question from Ken. The thumbwheel on the steering wheel was known to sometimes suffer slight corrosion of the contacts and the advice was to roll it back and forward 30 times. I can't recall what the C4 has for adjustment of brightness, but perhaps try repeat operation of the brightness control to begin with. Permanently missing segments of the display are a different matter.
    Thanks for that, I'll give the thumbwheel a try ( not too shaw but I'll investigate what controls she has ). I'll let you know how it goes.

Thread Information