Lost 2005 VTS Xsara Key
  • Register
  • Help

Default Lost 2005 VTS Xsara Key

Hi All.
    Looking at getting another Xsara VTS and one has popped up cheap but it doesn't have a key at all.

Doors are open but no key to start it. What is the cheapest way to do this?

Is the frequent 433?

As a Ph2 does that mean that the BSI is going to make this impossible? do I need a code of some kind and if so how do I get that?

Should I just walk away? It is supposed to have low KM but no way of checking that.

Thanks

Matt

Advertisement
    MattG
    2002 Xsara VTS

Order some new keys from Citroen specifically for the VIN of the car (and hope that the ignition lock hasn't been changed) and then get them programmed to the car using Diagbox/Lexia and the BSI security code that also comes from Citroen if it is not already in the glovebox on a credit card sized piece of plastic.

Cheers, Ken

As above.

They are great cars. Make sure its had its timing belt changed and run it only on 98.

Its may be a Phase 3 Fwiw

Cam

Another option would be to buy a new ignition lock with 2 keys (they would probably not have remote controls built in though), fit the new lock and then use the security code with Lexia/Diagbox to program the keys. You would have to be sure that they have the correct sort of transponder in the keys.

Cheers, Ken

I think I have the phase bit sorted. Phase one skinny low headlights. Phase 2 rounder headlights and phase 3 is the fog lights in the front bumper and the last phase.

I think I will pass on this it doesnít have a service history and after adding key replacements and paint repair on the rear bumper and spoiler it will be over $2500 and itís not with the risk. Might be worth it if he had the key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    MattG
    2002 Xsara VTS

Thread Information