mystery ID19 weber carb component
  • Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 16 of 16
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By 2bxornot2bx
  • 1 Post By Budge
  • 2 Post By 2bxornot2bx

Thread: mystery ID19 weber carb component

  1. #1
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default mystery ID19 weber carb component

    Before I buy a swap out Solex for my weber can anyone tell me what is the part obviously missing on this weber..
    Its on an ID19B
    Its a single barrelled weber

    Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mystery ID19 weber carb component-dsweber.jpg  

  2. #2
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ici.
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    it migt help if you have the engine version available Ashley, the code on the plate under the hydraulic pump.

  3. #3
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Thanks forumnoreason but I think to anyone who may be in the know they may be able to assist sans make/model/year. Replies may be in the spirit of. The missing bit is most likely the ?????? removed for some markets down to emmisions rules. Not essential. So yeah thanks but probably looking for generic carb advice with a smidge of model reference

  4. #4
    1000+ Posts FIVEDOOR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Brisbane Qld
    Posts
    18,341

    Default

    Is this any help? If you open the links on the right exploded view of the carburetor will open. - Citroën DS/ID and XM Web-Site
    Any day I wake up and don't have to go to work, is a good day
    Every day is a good day

  5. #5
    1000+ Posts
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Ici.
    Posts
    2,081

    Default

    I was just thinking in terms of the manifold.

  6. #6
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    I was just thinking in terms of the manifold.
    Ah ha I get you.
    Thanks

  7. #7
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FIVEDOOR View Post
    Is this any help? If you open the links on the right exploded view of the carburetor will open. - Citroën DS/ID and XM Web-Site
    Thanks Fivedoor. Was on that very site yesterday. Could not find a match. !!
    I'll have another look though
    FIVEDOOR likes this.

  8. #8
    Administrator GreenBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post
    Thanks forumnoreason but I think to anyone who may be in the know they may be able to assist sans make/model/year. Replies may be in the spirit of. The missing bit is most likely the ?????? removed for some markets down to emmisions rules. Not essential. So yeah thanks but probably looking for generic carb advice with a smidge of model reference
    I think you'll find that if your car is a manual there is nothing missing. . . now if you have a BVH that's another story.

    Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir



    "Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

    The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

    (Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

  9. #9
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    I think you'll find that if your car is a manual there is nothing missing. . . now if you have a BVH that's another story.

    Cheers
    Chris
    Spot on .thanks Chris..mines a basic manual ID/DSpecial. That has made my decision
    BTW how did that missing component contribute to a BVH?

  10. #10
    Administrator GreenBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post
    Spot on .thanks Chris..mines a basic manual ID/DSpecial. That has made my decision
    BTW how did that missing component contribute to a BVH?
    We need a BVH expert to clarify but it would be a hydraulic link with the the brain for throttle control. . .

    Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir



    "Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

    The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

    (Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

  11. #11
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Bedford, UK
    Posts
    368

    Default

    I'm not the expert you're looking for but I think i can explain:

    The 'missing' component (not needed on a manual gear change car) is the "accelerated idling device". Basically (with a bvh) you have two idling speeds - two carb set up positions. With your foot on the brake button the engine speed drops to below the clutch engagement speed (remember - there is no clutch pedal). When you lift your foot off the brake button, the carb opens a slightly, raising the engine speed above the point at which the clutch bites and.....the car magically creeps forward! There are other systems at play here as well - clutch and gears - but thats the essence of it.
    GreenBlood likes this.

  12. #12
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    I'm not the expert you're looking for but I think i can explain:

    The 'missing' component (not needed on a manual gear change car) is the "accelerated idling device". Basically (with a bvh) you have two idling speeds - two carb set up positions. With your foot on the brake button the engine speed drops to below the clutch engagement speed (remember - there is no clutch pedal). When you lift your foot off the brake button, the carb opens a slightly, raising the engine speed above the point at which the clutch bites and.....the car magically creeps forward! There are other systems at play here as well - clutch and gears - but thats the essence of it.
    Magic reply..Thanks Budge that's more expert than I am. Saved me an unnecessary swap out cost and bother ..

  13. #13
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Final thoughts on topic. How is this carb left unblanked ? Thinking there'd be unwanted air ingress without blanking plugs etc

  14. #14
    Administrator GreenBlood's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    7,890

    Icon3

    Quote Originally Posted by 2bxornot2bx View Post
    Final thoughts on topic. How is this carb left unblanked ? Thinking there'd be unwanted air ingress without blanking plugs etc
    It's good to go as it is. . .



    This is a BVH Weber I have but it too can be used on a manual car with the base screw wound in



    This pic shows the BVH setup



    Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails mystery ID19 weber carb component-carb6.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir



    "Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

    The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

    (Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

  15. #15
    Fellow Frogger
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    8,601

    Default

    Same casting, but not every hole is drilled / machined depending on the original application.

  16. #16
    Fellow Frogger!
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    canberra
    Posts
    196

    Default

    Thanks all for info. I noticed that my carb DOES have the screw blanked out. Great news. I'll now just do a basic tune up with confidence that all systems are as they should be !
    GreenBlood and forumnoreason like this.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •