any Citroen dual cab light trucks, early to mid 2000 models in Australia
  • Register
  • Help

Icon7 any Citroen dual cab light trucks, early to mid 2000 models in Australia

Hi guys im looking at buying a dual cab light truck with a gvm of no more that 4500kg around 10 years old or older and while looking at Iveco dailys,Mercedes sprinters,VW crafters etc i discovered that Citroen had a similar 6 or 7 seater crew cab so just wondering if they were ever available in Australia and anyone has or knows of one possibly for sale and what there like as havent commited to buying anything yet so all options open
    From what ive read they were called Jumpers and Relays in Europeany Citroen dual cab light trucks, early to mid 2000 models in Australia-%24_86-1-.jpgany Citroen dual cab light trucks, early to mid 2000 models in Australia-dscn8511.jpgany Citroen dual cab light trucks, early to mid 2000 models in Australia-citroen-jumper-crew-cab-truck-2017-3d-model-max-obj-3ds-fbx-c4d-lwo-lw-lws.jpg
    thanks Jeff

Advertisement

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Probably useless information but I have seen a motor van built over the same type of truck as in your first picture. This was about 12 months ago on the Gold Coast, at an Auction place and for sale around the $20000.
    This is just to say that there must be some about, certainly private imports.
    Good luck in your search.

NB Dispatch van on Carsales with sliding doors both sides, wouldn't be too hard to fit rear benchseats? $10500.
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 10th February 2018 at 08:06 PM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

thanks for tip mate but only after a crew cab,dual cab so i can fit 6 or 7 in the vehicle, tow the boat and put a buggy in the ute tray , dont want to alter anything as have too many projects as it is, just want to jump in and drive

1000+ Posts

Not quite what is wanted, but there is this version of the Berlingo New CitroŽn Berlingo 725 L2 Crew Van

Tbe Citroen Relay Crew Cab would fit the bill - I think it's a rebadged Fiat.
    Last edited by seasink; 10th February 2018 at 10:03 PM.

I have seen 2 Citroens like the older yellow photo in QZ,both were Fiat or maybe Iveco and the owners just imported the Citroen grill
    because it fits right on,all the same vehicles underneath.

will keep that grille option up my sleeve then, thanks

jeff

I have seen a few Fiat Ducato vans fitted with the Citroen grille from the equivalent model as well.

Cheers, Ken

Thank God I'm a Fwenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Well so what's wrong with getting a new dual cab Toyota Hilux and whacking chevrons from a C5 front and rear.......sorted!

Or even a dual cab TATA, then you'd feel like you're really driving a Citroen, specially when looking for a dealer!
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Hi,

There is nothing that Citroen build that can carry 6 people and be an effective tow vehicle. Front wheel drive light trucks have a very poor towing capacity. Regardless of the front grill?

Sorry to say, but the Iveco with rear wheel drive is the probably the only duel cab that has a useful load tray, other than the VW transporter duel cab with 4wd, but these are pretty scarce, as they are generally factory order only.

Our VW transporter duel cab Synchro gave us sterling service when we lived in the bush. We did over 280,00 ks, but the synchro eventually gave up. It was a naturally aspirated diesel 2.5 litre, so it was pretty slow, but was one of the best tow vehicles I've ever used.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

yes well an Iveco Daily was and from the sounds of things still is the top of my list, thanks for the advice guys and might be in the market for some chevrons

Thread Information