• Help
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Ken W
  • 2 Post By UFO
  • 2 Post By shakir

Thread: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Tadpole

Default Citroen C4 Grand Picasso

Hi everyone. Im new in this forum and seeking help. I have 2007 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Turbo Diesel. Few days ago I tried to start and display light was flashing and was clicking noise. I thought there might be loose battery connection. I tightened earth battery connection which was loose. Display light is solid now but it doesnt start now. It just cranks but not starting. I flattened battery on so many tries. A mechanic came and tried to jumpstart but still cranks and not starts. He checked on scanning computer. He said that Fault codes show that Camshaft sensor and Crankshaft angle sensors are short or damaged. Does anyone know the location of these sensors? Or if someone can share the workshop manual of this car? Any ideas of repair or if anyone had this problem before and the solution?

Advertisement

That is really odd and sounds like all its computers are confused. I would disconnect the battery overnight and give it a good charge while it is disconnected. Then reconnect the battery, wait a few minutes, lock and unlock the car a few times with the remote control. Then try to start it again. If that doesn't work look up how to reset the BSI and see if that helps.

Cheers, Ken
    Greg likes this.

Tadpole

Hi Ken. Thanks for your tips. Really appreciated. I charged battery and tried what you suggested but no luck. Tried to reset BSI too. Do you know where is crankshaft position sensor on these HDI engines? Or any suggestions on repair?

UFO

I suggest you call THE Sydney Citroen experts - Continental Cars at Punchbowl. 9759 1977.

Shakir,

What letters do you have on the 6,7,8th positions in your VIN. That will tell us what model of turbo diesel is in your car.

Cheers, Ken

Fellow Frogger

Ken, a 2007 C4 Picasso HDi in our market can only be RHR DW10B with an AM6 auto. The only other version at that time was the 2.0 Petrol EW10 with AL4. The EGS didn't arrive until after 2010.

Also, if the EGR valve has failed it probably won't start, but might cough.

Location of the two sensors is likely to be as follows, but this is a generic diagram, not VIN-specific.
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso-c4pic_dw10b_sensors.jpg

Items 4 and 15.

Tadpole

An addition to above post, Citroen dealer quoted $185 for diagnose and above $800 for repair.

Tadpole

Thank you guys for tips and your replies. Appreciated. Just an update on repair. My car is fixed and it was crankshaft angle sensor. Bought sensor from Pep's Autos for $95 and a mobile mechanic replaced it for $80. Total expense on repair was $175. Citroen dealer quoted more than $800 to replace sensor. They advised that its more than 4 hours labour while it was 30 minutes job. The location of crankshaft angle sensor on HDI models is just under the timing belt and you have to remove right front wheel to replace it. Sharing information if someone has the same issue or wanted to know the expense and location of the sensor.
    Greg and Motorgnome like this.

1000+ Posts

A good result then.

Now we have new dealers in Sydney, I can foresee more work going John Brown's way - see http://revivemylion.com/Home.php
    He knows what he is doing.

Thread Information