• 1 Post By dnr16
  • 1 Post By badabec
  • 1 Post By forumnoreason
  • 1 Post By Budge
  • 1 Post By forumnoreason
  • 1 Post By Budge

Thread: DS parts catalogue FTGH

Default DS parts catalogue FTGH

I just got some green hydraulic joiners from Der Franzose in Germany and they threw in, for free, their hard copy catalogue of DS parts (also, according to the cover, ID and SM). Photo attachedDS parts catalogue FTGH-img_0794.jpg

Being a Xantia man I have no use for it, so it's anybody's for the cost of the postage (1kg from Melbourne). PM me if interested.

Advertisement

Danny
    MelanieYlang likes this.
    '71 R16, died of driver error (mine)
    '69 R16, unwisely traded in for
    '79 Virage Wagon, collided with gentleman driving sideways round the wrong side of a tram
    '76 R16TS, died (and nearly took me with it) of being T-boned by 4WD running red light
    '73 R16TS ('Deidre'), electrics in meltdown Feb. 06
    '81 R18 wagon, gone to another owner
    '97 Xantia 2.0i 16v

Fellow Frogger!

I just got a load of DS parts from Franzose and also got a fee catalogue - for the 2CV!!!!! It doesn't fill one with confidence does it?

I requested the DS catalogue, was also sent the 2CV version. I did get a packet of fruit gums as well though.
    Boyracer likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dnr16 View Post
    I just got some green hydraulic joiners from Der Franzose in Germany and they threw in, for free, their hard copy catalogue of DS parts (also, according to the cover, ID and SM). Photo attachedClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0794.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	103076

Being a Xantia man I have no use for it, so it's anybody's for the cost of the postage (1kg from Melbourne). PM me if interested.

Danny
    Hey Danny,

is this still available? Is it easy to follow? (I struggle a bit with their website, though I'm probably alone in that shortcoming on this forum!)

Melanie

Sent from my LG-H815 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Hello, it is just like one of those home shopping catalogues your mum used to get with all the different sections, except it is engine, gearbox etc. All items have pictures and descriptions. The ladies underwear section is missing though.

Quote Originally Posted by badabec View Post
    Hello, it is just like one of those home shopping catalogues your mum used to get with all the different sections, except it is engine, gearbox etc. All items have pictures and descriptions. The ladies underwear section is missing though.
    LOL badabec...is that code for 'no interior parts included herein'??!? Mostly I'm interested in the upholstery and trim.

Melanie what gives? I recall you were going the DIY on your seats with stuff that would freak the purists out of their elbow patched minds?

I’ve thought for a long time Franzose would do well to employ someone who actually had English as a first language to translate all their products, the ambiguity they present in their displays is utterly preposterous. I need to run a spell check now myself.

they do sell springlements though and who else offers these parts?

ps the catalogue looks slightly exactly the same as the thing called the internet version
    Last edited by forumnoreason; 10th February 2018 at 12:10 AM.
    MelanieYlang likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Hi Melanie
    The catalogue is laid out in the same way as the interweb version.The printed catalogue doesn't provide any extra information over that provided on the website - but at least you can see pictures of more than one item at a time.
    MelanieYlang likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    Melanie what gives? I recall you were going the DIY on your seats with stuff that would freak the purists out of their elbow patched minds?

Iíve thought for a long time Franzose would do well to employ someone who actually had English as a first language to translate all their products, the ambiguity they present in their displays is utterly preposterous. I need to run a spell check now myself.

they do sell springlements though and who else offers these parts?

ps the catalogue looks slightly exactly the same as the thing called the internet version
    It's nice to be remembered for my outlandish ideas! Yeah, I've been pretty quiet since acquiring my Rover P6B and all my efforts have gone into her, but now it's time to get back into my minor goddess.

I've been thinking about getting seat covers made, instead of fully rebuilding, so as to not freak out future prospective buyers. BUT some of the delicious examples in a recent post in the appreciation thread have cheerful interiors, so maybe I'll go that way instead.

I'm relieved that I'm not alone in finding the translations awkward, it leaves a gap that requires some faith that you'll get what you expect in your order, much more than usual with buying things online! So far I haven't ordered any Citroen parts from them.

PS what the heck is a springlement???

Sent from my LG-H815 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Can’t remember, they have lots of things like that though! That one captured my attention briefly whilst unravelling their enigma code!
    MelanieYlang likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

I suspect it was possibly 'spring elements", or to you and I "spring pieces" or 'springs".........
    MelanieYlang likes this.

Thread Information