2006 C3 exclusive intermittant fault warning displayed on dash
  • Register
  • Help

Default 2006 C3 exclusive intermittant fault warning displayed on dash

We have had an issue with a seatbelt warning message being generated, these can occur randomly sometimes interrupting the radio operation with and an audable beep, apparantly this is very annoying (my son's car) this can happen sporadically eg: continuously going off some days to not happening others

the connections have been inspected and re-seated to remove surface resistance from the ecu found under the centre console plus under the bonnet the fuse box has been inspected and re-seated.

has anybody had this problem and if so what was the remedy or has anybody got a wiring/pinout information so we can investigate further??

Cheers

C5 exclusive 2008

Advertisement

Hi,

I think you need to use Diagbox first and see what faults it comes up with. It's always you first procedure, thought its not always the answer.

best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Fellow Frogger

Sometimes, the wiring in the buckle can fracture due to fatigue.
    The sort of thing that can give you an intermittent fault as it is moved.
    DaigBox should tell you the defective location.

Thanks Greg,
    Have had diagbox access but no faults recorded.

Thanks David S
    How do you check the buckle wiring ?

Wiring connector under the seat ?

Disable alerting completely in Diagbox ?

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Thanks Justin

Turns out the diagnosys tool that was used is not able to disable alerts, so was wondering if there was anybody close that has a suitable diagbox would be able to help??

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Leanmor View Post
    Thanks David S
    How do you check the buckle wiring ?
    Multimeter? Any belt that as a seatbelt warming should make/break the circuit when the belt is in/out. There were some buckles that had a thin metal strip that suffered fatigue. Try seeing if the connection breaks when the buckle is moved around. When you are fiddling around with the seatbelt electrics, remember the belts may have pre-tensioners that are a pyrotechnic device like an airbag. Reading the fault codes would be the best way to start unless there is something obviously broken.

UFO

FWIW the electrical connection for the centre rear belt in our C4 has been cut - not by me. Perhaps the previous owner used to carry something heavy on the back seat.

On the "heavy on the back seat" thing. We once picked up my BiL and his wife in our C5 from the airport and were driving back to Lilyfield and the warning for the centre rear seat was going off. Turns out that Anne's carryon bag was heavy enough to set of the sensors that there was load on the seat and therefore the seat belt should be connected. They plugged in the centre rear belt and all was good. We mocked Anne about the weight of her carry on bag.

Does your son carry something on the back seat and if so if the seat belt is buckled does the alarm cease?

Thanks David S
    I will investigate your suggestion, funny thing is when I drove it the other night it did not fire off a warning until I had reached my driveway and that was about a 15 minute drive, when he drive's it he reckons it goes off continuously, now he is 6'3" (old money) and weighs a few more kilo's as I'm only 5'11" and 92 kilo's so maybe the answer lie's there.

Also thankyou to UFO but he doesn't normally have anything on the rear seat.

Just a quick question about replacing with new the cost of a drivers side seat belt buckle with pretensioner?? has anybody done this and was it expensive or do i source a 2nd hand unit, and does anybody know where there might be a C3 2006 version that is being recycled/wrecked nearby.

Quote Originally Posted by Leanmor View Post
    Just a quick question about replacing with new the cost of a drivers side seat belt buckle with pretensioner?? has anybody done this and was it expensive or do i source a 2nd hand unit, and does anybody know where there might be a C3 2006 version that is being recycled/wrecked nearby.
    I did exactly this on my Megane. The drivers seatbelt buckle was getting reluctant to release the tongue. I sourced a new complete seat belt assembly from a wreck and installed it. Fixed ! The job did involve removing the seat on the Megane for access, which was the four floor bolts and the wiring connector.

Cheers

Justin
    '07 Megane R26
    '07 C3 Exclusive
    '09 308 XSE Touring
    '10 308 Sportium Touring

Fellow Frogger

In SA, Martin Bray, Volkstorque?. However, it's a small part and can be easily posted, so perhaps ask forum sponsor French Connection. It probably won't be unique to the C3, so you could get the part number from Citroen Service for your C3 and see which other model it fits if you need to widen your options. It will likely be also used in some Pug models.

FYI
    Got a quote for a new replacement for the seatbelt stalks, $430.00 wow, decided to go with a second hand unit.

Thread Information