Like Tree9Likes
  • 5 Post By gilberthenry
  • 1 Post By DoubleChevron
  • 1 Post By gilberthenry
  • 2 Post By gilberthenry

Thread: Road trip warrnanbool & sa

Fellow Frogger!

Default Road trip warrnanbool & sa

In January Warrnanbool Car Club has a fun car day. Michael took his 1960 or so Slough Safari and we took our 1968 ID19B.
    We then went onto Nelson and just into South Australia.

Michael got the single piston pump going properly so both cars cruised - - beautifully.

A few pics below - - John

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-2.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-3.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-9.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-10.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-12.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-20.jpg  

gsowner84, garyk, CEyssens and 2 others like this.

Real cars have hydraulics DoubleChevron's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilberthenry View Post
    In January Warrnanbool Car Club has a fun car day. Michael took his 1960 or so Slough Safari and we took our 1968 ID19B.

Michael got the single piston pump going properly so both cars cruised - - beautifully.

Warnanbool ..... You did pencil in a visit with Roger right ?? To view the only DS19 that is probably still road registered in australia!. What an incredible old car

BTW: I reckon there is a Renault Alpine in one of your photos! Did you get to have a look in the back of it ?

seeya,
    Shane L.
    MelanieYlang likes this.
    'Cit' homepage:
    Citroen Workshop
    Proper cars--
    '85 Series II CX2500 GTi Turbo I
    '63 ID19 http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro%EBn-forum/90325-best-project-car-you-have-ever-seen.html
    '72 DS21 ie 5spd pallas (last looked at ... about 15years ago)
    '78 GS1220 pallas
    '92 Range Rover Classic ... 5spd manual.

Yay ... No Slugomatics

Modern Junk:
    '07 Poogoe 407 HDi 6spd manual

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by gilberthenry View Post

Great photos John. Hope you, Janet and Michael are well.

Regards Syd
    1974 Citroen D Special (Blanc Meije)
    1989 Citroen 2CV 6 Dolly (Plum & Custard)

Previously owned Frenchies -
    1976 Citroen GS 1220
    1997 Peugeot 306 XSi
    1995 Citroen XM Series II V6 (Vert Vega)

Fellow Frogger!

No, Roger wasn't there but yes, a great car.

There weren't any other Citroens. Roy from Warrnanbool was there with his 1927 or so Whippet. Of course there isn't much he and Andrew don't know about Citroens, amongst many others of old.
    A great mix of cars. The distance was a bit far for the French TH Schneider but she was there on New Year's Day at Muckleford.

There were so many cars to look at I missed the Renault.

Pic below of Roy and me and the French beauty at Muckleford where there were NO Citroens and Carpenter Rocks lighthouse SA - - - whoops, how did the Blitz get in there ??

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip warrnanbool & sa-muckleford-3-new-year-day-2018.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-6.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-blitz-warrnanbool-2.jpg   Road trip warrnanbool & sa-warnnanbool2018-2.jpg  
    Last edited by gilberthenry; 24th January 2018 at 10:45 AM.
    MelanieYlang likes this.

John, you missed the day before at Camperdown. The display was just as big. Took over the entire main street ( Princes Highway). It was the old annual Colac event moved because of an impasse between the Colac City Council and the organisers. Their loss, our gain. Put it on your calendar for next year!
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Thanks for that Gerry. I did here something about it. I'll write it down for next year and might get to both.

Picnic at Hanging Rock is coming up and Yarra Glen after that - - - - busy busy.

John

John! When is the event et the rock?
    Cheers Gerry

Fellow Frogger!

Yes it's pretty big but we go in about 8am. Gets a bit busy round 10am - - - -

Sunday 12th February sees 1000's of classic vehicles travel to the picturesque Hanging Rock reserve near Woodend to showcase motoring history for the day.

In addition to the cars, bikes and trucks, there will be displays of Stationery Engines, Animal Farm, face painting and miniature trains to keep the young at heart entertained.
    Bring a picnic and have a family day out - even climb the famous Hanging Rock

Entry $20 per car , $5 for bikes.
    Gates open from 8am.

THIS PIC IS A WHILE BACK - -

Bastille day Brisbane, from left:- Arthur Lewis, Wynnum - - - - Lance Collins, DS Motors - - - Ian Steele, Maleny way - - -THE Jim Reddiex, Maxim Motors.

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip warrnanbool & sa-cit-men.jpg  
    Last edited by gilberthenry; 19th January 2018 at 02:35 PM.

We're shearing at the moment, too busy to attend, sorry.

Roger

Fellow Frogger!

This image of the 1960 or so Slough Safari behind my '68 ID19B is worthy in that one doesn't see this often in Australia. The wagon is a very sweet car with all the work Michael has put in and I give credit to him.

Less and less people are driving the pre '65 cars with the long stroke motors and I think that they should be applauded - - - here here !!!

John
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Road trip warrnanbool & sa-ds-jan-2018-13.jpg  
    gsowner84 and MelanieYlang like this.

Aw John, I wish we'd known about this run, I only found out after Michael got home! We'd have liked to get down there to see it.

Hope all's well with you,

Melanie

Sent from my LG-H815 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Thread Information