Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Greg
  • 1 Post By forumnoreason
  • 2 Post By Budge

Thread: quick DS quiz

1000+ Posts

Default quick DS quiz

Question:

Closing panels on underside of sills that screw on, do they have rubber seals on both sides or just the outer?

If just on outer edge do you use one continuous strip along both panels?

the manual lists ONE (typo?) 1.8m rubber or 4 950mm pieces.

I presume you either run a two long ones or four shorter ones on outer edge.

I can’ t remember its been 5 years since I removed them!

Looking forward to answers :]

quick DS quiz-2075d538-fed2-470d-9b43-20501ccd8d2a.jpg

Advertisement

Pretty sure it's both edges if you can make it fit.

I vaguely recall getting some edging strip from Clark Rubber that looked like it would do the trick, just don't recall whether I ever fitted it or not.

Probably not!

Cheers, Pottsy.
    Buvito Ergo Sum!

The Fleet:

2006 307 Auto 5 Door ("Spike" Mrs P's)
    1974 D Special Manual Sedan ("Moby Dick")
    2006 C5 HDI Wagon Auto ("Mephistopheles")
    1957 Slough 2CV ("Alphonse") Waiting in the wings
    1982 ex UK 2CV6 ("Gaston") On the road! (Woohoo!)
    Half of a 1984 2CV6Special ("The Alleged Vehicle")
    And for Fun, 1968 Mini Deluxe ("The R & D'luxe" 1078cc, Grin Factor 100!)

Hi Guys,

From memory, there are 4 Z rubbers, 2 either side, that attach the out part of the closing panel to the outer part of the sill, and the long spongy U section rubber seals the closing panel where it meets the inner sill.

The Z rubbers are in 2 pieces per side as there is a sill reinforcement in the middle that stop the rubber being fitted continuous.

The closing panels are attached to the sill on the inner side with self tappers and screwing into 6 small plates that are at right angles to the inners sill. The plates should be fitted with clips for the self tappers.

The rubbers are readily available from Der Franzose, and relatively inexpensive.

Clarke rubber should be you last resort. The parts from DF are pretty exact replicas of the original, and purchasing from companies like them will encourage them to produce more DS Parts, but buying from CR will produce nothing.

best regards,

Greg
    forumnoreason and Mort Subite like this.
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

1000+ Posts

Both answers are good! Thankyou. I vaguely remember European Autocare suggesting glueing them on to the sill or using sealant for extra protection. As for any of the repro rubber I have serious doubts unfortunately as I have been repeatedly stung with inferior garbage and the amount of forum users who back that up add strength to the argument unfortunately. Its total crap. : (
    GreenBlood likes this.

Icon11 Continuing the quiz theme. . .

Have a look at this engine bay. . . What's unusual?

I'm going to show my lack of knowledge. . .
    Is this a 3 bearing motor with a late model head? The car is a DS19 1968 - LHM 3rd nose - I can't say I've ever noticed or known this set-up

DS 19 1968 BVH SABLE MÉTAL. RÉVISION MÉCANIQUE 03. | Citrothello

Flame suit on

Cheers
    Chris
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails quick DS quiz-ds19-68-bvh-engine.jpg   quick DS quiz-ds19-68-bvh.jpg   quick DS quiz-ds19-68-bvh-distributor.jpg  
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Hi
    It's a standard, early five bearing engine, set up for 1985cc. So DS 19 and ID19, but they all have the casting that takes the oil pump at the bottom end and can take a distributor at the top end. On the DS21, the distributor end is blanked off because the distributor is instead located at the front of the engine. Early 21s with a distributor at the front had a plate bolted over the top hole. Later cars have a core plug pressed into the hole.
    GreenBlood and Greg like this.

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by Budge View Post
    Hi
    It's a standard, early five bearing engine, set up for 1985cc. So DS 19 and ID19, but they all have the casting that takes the oil pump at the bottom end and can take a distributor at the top end. On the DS21, the distributor end is blanked off because the distributor is instead located at the front of the engine. Early 21s with a distributor at the front had a plate bolted over the top hole. Later cars have a core plug pressed into the hole.
    Ahh so!! Thanks for your insight

I wonder if we would have seen this set-up in Aus?

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Hi Guys,

I'm sure there are engines like this in Australia, it has the inlet manifold mainly internally in the head, with only a small manifold in the middle to take the carby. It was similar to the DS & ID 19 setup It was only fitted to DV, DY DL & DLF (safari) cars to 09/1968.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

Thread Information