• Register
  • Help
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Budge
  • 1 Post By citroenthusiast

Thread: Installing radio into 1967 ID19b

Tadpole

Default Installing radio into 1967 ID19b

So...I have a nice Blaupunkt mono radio (with retro-fitted MP3 connection) to install into my 1967 LHD ID19b. All connections on the radio back are marked. I've no problem with fitting the unit into the "cubby hole" in the dash - and mounting the speaker and MP3 box junction. But any tips re the actual wiring? Also, if possible, I don't want to fit a roof or wing aerial - does anyone know a good alternative that's not visible? It's not an everyday car - so I'm not too fussy about sound quality and happy with one speaker under the dash.

Advertisement

Fellow Frogger!

Hi
    I had a 1968 LHD ID19B with a Continental Edison radio in it. Behind the cubby hole you will find a post with a (plastic?) nut on it. This a source of power for accessories - such as a radio. You could also add in line fuse in. I think I just earthed the radio to a nearby bolt that went into the chassis, or something connected to it. My radio was mono so i just ran two wires to a single speaker on the parcel shelf.
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger! citroenthusiast's Avatar

The roof is fiberglass, which is essentially invisible to radio waves. This opens up all sorts of possibilities for embedding a wire underneath the headliner to form a hidden antenna.
    Greg likes this.
    Cheers,
    John T.

61DS19 LHM BVH (son's); 67DS21 BVH; 71DS21 BVH; 73SM 3.0; 73SM EFI (Megasquirt); 73SM 3.0 (other son's)

Tadpole

Many thanks, Budge and Citroenthusiast! I'll use that connection behind the ashtray - and I'll check out the roof for an antenna!

Before you get excited about the roof, make sure it is actually fibreglass and not aluminium.

I have never seen the point of a radio in a D. None of the several Dees I have owned have had a working radio in them.

Roger

Thread Information