Like Tree13Likes
  • 8 Post By gilberthenry
  • 4 Post By ramonm
  • 1 Post By JohnW

Thread: DS23 Pallas Auto going strong

Fellow Frogger!

Default DS23 Pallas Auto going strong

DS23 Pallas Auto going strong

We took Janetís DS23 Pallas Auto for a decent drive today. Generally it is used as a shopping car but we thought it wouldnít hurt to blow the cobwebs out a bit.
    Some while back we had a few hiccups with the car and with the help of the people on this Froggy forum I nutted them out. It has proved to be a very good car for the last 12 years or so.
    DS motors did a thorough fix up service about 3-4 years ago doing the steering rack, brake pads, LHM pump etc which was very worthwhile. Also electronic ignition as the 2 sets of points can slop around a bit when the shaft wears.
    This car, along with our í68 ID19B and our í68 Safari are our modern cars which hopefully will see us out for the next 30 years or so.
    My attention has been diverted somewhat as we purchased a 1929 Chrysler and earlier again, a French 1913 TH. Schneider which Iím about to put on the road.
    So between these cars we are busy but glad that our ďmodernsĒ take care of the day today.

John

Advertisement
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DS23 Pallas Auto going strong-chry-pre-30s2017er.jpg   DS23 Pallas Auto going strong-sch-utc-w.jpg   DS23 Pallas Auto going strong-ds23-clunes-2.jpg   DS23 Pallas Auto going strong-ds23-clunes-1.jpg  

Thank God I'm a Frenchman harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gilberthenry View Post
    DS23 Pallas Auto going strong

We took Janet’s DS23 Pallas Auto for a decent drive today. Generally it is used as a shopping car but we thought it wouldn’t hurt to blow the cobwebs out a bit.
    Some while back we had a few hiccups with the car and with the help of the people on this Froggy forum I nutted them out. It has proved to be a very good car for the last 12 years or so.
    DS motors did a thorough fix up service about 3-4 years ago doing the steering rack, brake pads, LHM pump etc which was very worthwhile. Also electronic ignition as the 2 sets of points can slop around a bit when the shaft wears.
    This car, along with our ’68 ID19B and our ’68 Safari are our modern cars which hopefully will see us out for the next 30 years or so.
    My attention has been diverted somewhat as we purchased a 1929 Chrysler and earlier again, a French 1913 TH. Schneider which I’m about to put on the road.
    So between these cars we are busy but glad that our “moderns” take care of the day today.

John
    Vert Argente, the best.
    When the modern ones of today will be long "has beens" , yours will still be timeless, or should I say: eternelle.
    Last edited by harrisson_citroen; 3rd December 2017 at 04:54 PM.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

Agreed, The vert argent DS23 looks great John,

But then again I am terribly biased !

Cheers

Ramon

DS23 Pallas Auto going strong-dsc01823.jpg
    1974 DS23 ie Pallas 5 speed

Love the Schneider. Not to knock the others, of course. But there's nothing like that rear radiator French style.

Cheers
    Middlemoon.1 likes this.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

What great photos, John. The 1913 Frenchie is incredible. You never cease to amaze!

Tim

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Middlemoon.1 View Post
    What great photos, John. The 1913 Frenchie is incredible. You never cease to amaze!

Tim
    Yes, we really DID jump in at the deep end. Put personal plate on at full rego and mounted some boxes, petrol and oil cans etc on the running boards. Why on earth didn't we get running boards on the Tractions - - even if the car is low compared to a '32 Ford and imagine running boards on a Safari - - we really missed out !!!

John

Thread Information