c5 X7 radio unit
  • Register
  • Help

Default c5 X7 radio unit

From 2008 -2014 one of the few changes to the C5's dash was the ongoing change to the lower half of the centre piece of the dash ie the radio/CD player .It evolved from the SIM in the dash a la C6 to bluetooth V1 circa 2011 to V2 circa 2012.
    Has anyone ever tried to update this part of the dash either with a new part ( probably pricey++ ) or from a wrecked car ?
    I ask because I am looking at a 2010 car with the SIM slot in the dash ( and ? therefore no factory bluetooth) .

A separate question is what are people's views re the compatability of the Aisin 6 speed gearbox with such different engines as the 2.0 HDi ( RHR and RHH) and the 3.0HDi ?

Advertisement
    Nostalgia.....aahh It's not what it used to be

Hi,

Trying to put sat nav into a non sat nav car is opening up a can of worms. It could possibly be done if your car and the donar car are identical. But even then your harness may not have all the correct cables for the changeover.

The cars with sat nav with the sim slot are really a waste of time, as it's not possible to get a duplicate sim card here.

The sat nav is Magnetti Marelli, and is only shared with Maserat in Aust, so there are no longer any up dates, nor will there ever be. From memory the last is 2015, but there is another post with the correct year.

Our 2009 C5 has bluetooth, but no audio streaming, but there are modules you can but to add that very cheaply.

I use Google maps, its constantly updated, and can connect t to the head unit with bluetooth.

The gearbox in the 3.0V6 is different to the unit in the 2.7. The 3.0 is a low friction unit. Not sure if the 2.0 litre unit is the same as the 2.7, possibly not?

The Aison gear box is an excellent unit, though a few have had vale body problems. Replacing the gear oil is imperative for a long life.

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

I was going to upgrade my 2010 Comfort model with the unit from a 2011 Exclusive audio/Bluetooth model. I needed to purchase the plastic setup (dash), cables and unit .I priced this with ASV Fairfield (?) who came up with a reasonable deal.I think all I needed to tick the right boxes with my Lexia. I merely upgraded the speakers to improve the sound quality being the least cost element of an audio upgrade.

I upgraded the wagon recently to a later model sedan with the consequent hit to the children's inheritance.
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 EGS Sedan

Hi, Ceenine,

No one loves to play around with the electronics on their car more than me.......

It gets me into lots of trouble with a good mate that's a Citroen Technician. He tells me to leave things alone.

Our C5 X7 has premium sound, but it's still pretty ordinary, and I agree better speakers are the way.

If you change the head unit on your car, you would be wise to change to the screen for that model, as your old one may not be compatible.

I tried to put a factory alarm into our late Pluriel, with little success. I bought all the factory parts, but the wiring in late cars no longer has the connections for an alarm, unless it was ordered with the car. The earlier model had the wiring there and taped up.

I can get my self into lots of strife by playing with the BSI settings, but I can usually go back it it doesn't work.

Changing the setting on the AC from Hot Countries to Very Hot Countries, makes huge difference to how well the AC operates. It's much more real time! But my advice is change it at your own risk!

Best regards,

Greg
    We Have:
    C5 HDI Exclusive 2.7 '09, Pluriel '09, Berlingo 1.6 HDI '10, C4 VTS coupe. C4 Picasso '08, 2CV Charleston '84 Grey, 2CV, '55 Australian delivered. 15/6 H '55, SM '74 BVM, DS21 EFI BVH, DS21 '67 BVH.
    We Had:
    1930C6F, '73 GS1220 wagon X 2, '75 G special, '75 GS panel van, '74 GS Birotor, '82 GSA panel van with factory AC, '85 CX25GTI BVM, 2002 C5 V6, 2006, C5 S2 HDI, '86 BX19GT, '72 DS21 BVM, '55 15/6H, '54 Lt 15,'73 Dyane, '82 Visa Super X, with Chrono Mecs & factory AC, 1972 SM.

With regard to your ultimate comment, I absolutely agree!
    2014 C5 2.2 HDI Limited Edition Sedan
    2007 C5 2.2 Hatchback
    2007 C4 1.6 EGS Sedan

Thread Information