• Register
  • Help
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GreenBlood

Thread: DS BvH park brake diagram

skp
    Fellow Frogger!

Default DS BvH park brake diagram

Anyone have a diagram of the innards of the park brake - particularly the release. Is there any adjustment?
    If so, where? Same principle as the manual gear change, I know, but awkward to find what is going wrong with the one I am dealing with... I SUSPECT that the pushrod has been bent. ( quite HOW that could happen inside the housing beats me, but then the toggle tension spring plate has been bent (!!!) presumably to take the tension off the toggle/ catch. The lower pushrod pivot seems worn, so this may explain why this has been done. Surely there must be some adjustment mechanism...)

skp

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by skp View Post
    Anyone have a diagram of the innards of the park brake - particularly the release. Is there any adjustment?
    If so, where? Same principle as the manual gear change, I know, but awkward to find what is going wrong with the one I am dealing with... I SUSPECT that the pushrod has been bent. ( quite HOW that could happen inside the housing beats me, but then the toggle tension spring plate has been bent (!!!) presumably to take the tension off the toggle/ catch. The lower pushrod pivot seems worn, so this may explain why this has been done. Surely there must be some adjustment mechanism...)

skp
    skp,
    Some good pics of the innards here. . . Might give you an idea of what is wrong with yours, seeing the unit broken down and reassembled. Google Chrome allows you to translate the text with each image.
    REMISE EN ÉTAT FREIN A MAIN DS. | Citrothello

Cheers
    Chris
    Greg likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Déesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Déesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Déesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

skp
    Fellow Frogger!

Perfect, thank you.

Thread Information