INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 43
  • Register
  • Help
Page 43 of 43 First ... 333940414243
Results 1,051 to 1,061 of 1061
Like Tree468Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

1000+ Posts

https://youtu.be/48ZFn1x7k14

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Advertisement

1000+ Posts

A bit like a floating suspension do you think?.
    No. Too impractical for even the small number of new Citroen customers. Even if the range of these cars could be got to something useful, and the price reduced to sensible, there is still the problem of charging them. Most Australians do not have the facility.

Near me there are a C3, C4s, a C5, a C6 and a DS all street parked for much of the time. These are Cit owners, who are a very small minority of car owners. Most free-standing houses nearby have at least one car on the street. If I go to a high density area, fast taking over Sydney, most cars are kept in power-free areas. Flats have at best one space per unit, not always under cover. Fewer in some areas.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Yeah, I would think he needs to get more conventional in bodywork pressings first.
    Iíve always thought of hydraulic/pneumatic suspension as being too expensively exotic for my pocket.

After 35 years of owning hydraulic suspended Citroens, I have found them to be simple, cheap and durable. The spheres are easy to remove, easy to re-gas and screw back on hand tight. Throw in self leveling height control for when you throw in a few bags of cement in the boot and it leaves conventional shock absorbers way behind.

John
    harrisson_citroen likes this.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    After 35 years of owning hydraulic suspended Citroens, I have found them to be simple, cheap and durable. The spheres are easy to remove, easy to re-gas and screw back on hand tight. Throw in self leveling height control for when you throw in a few bags of cement in the boot and it leaves conventional shock absorbers way behind.

John
    I had 4 landcrabs fm 1966 but the only good one was the mk1, after that the bean counters destroyed it.
    My recent recollection is that of JLR and I definitely wouldnít consider one of them as affordable.
    The DS was also way beyond my means.

I'd really like to know what Inchcape plan on doing with regards to the shocking resale value of Citroen in Australia? It's hard enough to get Aussies to even consider the brand and then when one goes and looks at a second hand one that's only a few years old, you can understand why people steer well clear of them. Why not offer some sort of 'guarantee trade in price' to get people coming back, just to even update their car, or maybe some kind of Used Car program like what Renault does, just something to get people to come back.

My brother is looking to get a newer second hand car, they currently have a diesel Renault Latitude and want to get rid of their Mk2 Ford Focus which has done over 200,000km now, for something under $10,000. I've spotted this 2012 C4 Seduction hatch, but I don't know anything about them and if they're any good.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-citroen-c4-seduction-auto/OAG-AD-17449222/?_ga=2.247962567.1596192215.1565866232-865900250.1475382087

Looks to be in great condition. Anyone know what they're like and if they're a guarantee headache in the long run? My brother tends to keep his cars for long periods of time.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

1000+ Posts

There's a 2012 C4 B7 Seduction in my family. We love driving it, as it is handsome, quiet and traditionally Cit with its soft (though conventional) suspension. It is a naturally aspirated EP6 petrol 5 speed manual, and this combination is not common. The 88kW engine is adequate but not a fire breather. It has proved inexpensive to run, and has given no trouble except for the water pump packing up under warranty. The replacement is of an improved design. You can check the VIN with a dealer to see if all warranty or advised work was done.

The non-turbo version of the engine doesn't have the direct injection inlet crud problem, as it has conventional injection and is fitted with the BMW variable stroke inlet valves, contrlled by a small electric motor.

The body design is spacious and well laid out. Most petrol equivalents would be 4 speed AL4 autos with the usual reservations. 1.6 HDI cars can be manuals, and Exclusive spec petrols use the rather quick 1.6 THP engine with the 6 speed EGS transmission, so there's quite a bit of variation about.

We all much prefer it to the Golf, for space, ride, and all-round pleasantness..

For a good price I'd get one.

PS I have never sold a car, except to a wrecker.
    Last edited by seasink; 18th August 2019 at 05:31 PM.
    iLaguna likes this.

Fellow Frogger

Seasink has given a good reply. The B7 series C4 has overall been a decent product, but everything has the odd issue. The non-turbo EP6 eliminates a number of problems that have arisen with the THP versions. You would get the AL4 in this case as mentioned and manual versions would be quite rare simply because most buyers in the segment want an auto.

Any 2009-on C3(A51), C4(B7), DS3, DS4 or DS5 you consider or have bought recently, check for an airbag recall. You can enter the VIN via the lookup link found on this page to check: Takata Recall Information - CITROňN Australia

In terms of repeat custom, a lot of that comes down to the sort of treatment owners receive. Improving the customer aftersales experience is probably the best way to help resale because buyers will keep the cars for longer and not dump them after a bad experience.
    iLaguna likes this.

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2012-citroen-c4-seduction-auto/OAG-AD-17449222/?_ga=2.247962567.1596192215.1565866232-865900250.1475382087

Looks to be in great condition. Anyone know what they're like and if they're a guarantee headache in the long run? My brother tends to keep his cars for long periods of time.
    We leased this exact same model in 2013 as part of the Citroen Eurodrive system for 6 weeks. I was absolutely impressed by it and promised I would buy one on my return to Brisbane. Admittedly it was brand new, but found it to have an absolutely brilliant suspension for a non hydro one, excellent on Euro motorways doing 130-150 most of the time, hours on end. Good economy. And it felt like it was built to last. Styling a bit of a let down for a Citroen, mind you. But everyone who tried it in France, family, friends, absolutely loved it and admitted they had never considered it because of the looks, but were pleasantly surprised. My friend Dominique, bought one not long after , still has it and swears by it.

Did I buy one on my return ? It turned out the only ones available in 2013 were from Citroen dealers..... and they didn't seem interested in doing a deal. So 2 years later bought a 2013 C5 instead privately.
    iLaguna likes this.
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

DS23 IE Pallas Automatique
    C5 X7 163 Exclusive
    C3 II 2010

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post

[/FONT]
    Yes, the styling was a letdown after the previous model, but in the right color they can look quite nice. Suspension was very good especially in the final phase

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk
    iLaguna likes this.
    06 Citroen C5 Estate 2.2 Hdi Auto
    95 Peugeot 306 S16
    95 Silver Xantia VSX - now deceased

Thanks for all your replies everyone!

I've sent my brother the link to the C4 and will now see what he thinks. He's never considered a Citroen before, but it looks to be in good condition and the servicing has been kept up to date, all Citroen servicing mind you.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Drive's review of the C3 Aircross:
    https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-rev...ampaign=tile-1

Page 43 of 43 First ... 333940414243

Thread Information