INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 33
  • Register
  • Help
Page 33 of 35 First ... 2329303132333435 Last
Like Tree413Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Fellow Frogger

I would think the later Cacti that PCA imported and what would remain are mostly the 6 speed auto version. The manual and mechatronic gearboxes were the only options when the model was released, but the auto is more likely to appeal to a wider group of buyers.

Advertisement

There are always more cars in stock than what you see on Carsales because importers bring them in batches and park them in a holding yard until they are called for. The cars can sit there until a compliance plate is stuck on them and they are sent out to a dealer, which is why there can be quite a difference between the build and compliance dates.
    Motorgnome likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    So that's $20K on the table for a Baltic Blue Cactus then? Anyone from Jarvis reading?
    Colours are down the page here: https://www.citroen.com.au/new-cars/...tus/#version-2
    Deep Purple also looks good, but it was apparently rare.
    Believe me, I'd jump at it, but we're just not ready for a new set of wheels in the family yet.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

1000+ Posts

More on the stink bug issue -
    https://premium.goauto.com.au/serial...ar-deliveries/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well there we go. Stink bugs have caused delays to at least one CitroŽn model launch. As has been suggested on this forum. I really think we need to get off our high horses and realise this isn’t entirely all incompetence from Inchcape. It’s been a rough period.

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    More so moving on old stock I used to me able to see what they had but that option is gone now hard to buy more groceries when the fridge is full
    But this isn’t just a inchcape problem sime had plenty of new old stock this is why Mazda went so well you could have anything you want as long as it’s a x engine with x trans
    207 for example had 4 engine and 4 transmission options whereas Mazda 2 had one engine and auto or manual this makes picking the correct combo to pre order critical I recall plenty of 1.4 ecg 207s getting given away for basically nothing around 2012 choice is good but some times it’s not the best business case
    Most Mazda models now have 2 engine choices. The 2, 3 and 6 all have two petrol engine choices, and all 2 & 3's come with the choice of manual or auto. 2 is a good choice. It gives a value model, and something to upsell potential buyers into.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    So we're talking about a few hundred cars at the most? I can't imagine it would be any more then that? Not a huge problem and if it is, what have PCA done about it? I haven't seen any sales happening in the past 6 months to try and clear the backlog. And if the cars are that old and not sellable, then it's a wonder they haven't shipped them over to New Zealand, like what other manufacturers do when they can't sell something.

Holden has a problem or did have, when they've got thousands of Commodores sitting in holding yards, enough so that they wouldn't need to import any more for the rest of the year. At one stage, Holden had over 4,000 Holden Astra sedans sitting in dealer holding yards.
    But bear in mind, 4,000 Astra's is like 120 Citroens, it's 3-4 months worth. Holden have had massive overstock issues, and discounted substantially to get runs on the board. People see them, and consider them. I was seriously contemplating an Astra last year when you could get a dealer demo top of the range manual with under 2,000km for $20-$22k on the road. But I went overseas for 4 months instead.

Quote Originally Posted by forumnoreason View Post
    wll we ever see the 2019 C4 Cactus here? The dealers must be getting fidgety about the 2018s hanging around one assumes. Price drop?
    I only just saw an older one for the first time recently and I really like the design. Youtube reviews are subdued but they look great. Not sure the cushion sides would last too long exposed to Australian UV though.
    The 2019 Cactus is...... not coming here. It would be $40k, so Citroen have decided not to import it. I have no idea how other manufacturers can get their cars here at competitive prices, but I think they made the right call if they were going to try and sell it for $40k. The same-sized C3 Aircross is going to be a challenge at $33k. https://www.drive.com.au/news/well-p..._source=theage

Quote Originally Posted by Motorgnome View Post
    Back when there were 90 odd Cacti for sale, a large proportion of them were new old stock manuals.. They have all but disappeared. I had been watching them intently..There was a dealer in Tasmania flogging them for 20k..& that really sparked my interest, but they just vanished in a matter of weeks..coincidentally, right about when we were banging on about how many there were on car sales...

There was one limited edition one for $19,500 (Rip Curl?) with 500km. It was originally $21k until it got reduced. Bargain for someone.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    But bear in mind, 4,000 Astra's is like 120 Citroens, it's 3-4 months worth. Holden have had massive overstock issues, and discounted substantially to get runs on the board. People see them, and consider them. I was seriously contemplating an Astra last year when you could get a dealer demo top of the range manual with under 2,000km for $20-$22k on the road. But I went overseas for 4 months instead.
    Well, that's what I did. I bought a demo Astra RSV manual in silver (with a touring pack) for $20,000 DA and with 2,400km on the odometer in June last year. It was a 2016 build, but had only been complianced in November 2017 and so I jumped at it. RRP back then was around $35,000! For the price, spec and engine and trans combo, you just couldn't beat it!

Default INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBendigo View Post
    Most Mazda models now have 2 engine choices. The 2, 3 and 6 all have two petrol engine choices, and all 2 & 3's come with the choice of manual or auto. 2 is a good choice. It gives a value model, and something to upsell potential buyers.
    Yes now they do thatís why I used the words had and went
    I donít really see your point

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

https://www.drive.com.au/news/new-50..._source=theage
    "New 508 to spearhead ambitious

Peugeot brand consolidation
    The French want to be market leaders in customer experience
    Well over half a century ago, Peugeot Australia cemented its reputation as a maker of bulletproof cars almost tailor-made to the challenges of the Australian landscape.
    But somewhere along the way, that reputation slowly died.
    The French Lion brand set an all-time sales record in Australia as recently as 2008 (selling 8807 cars) but the legacy of those ‘boringʼ Peugeots – the 207, original 308, ugly 407 and all their offshoots – lingers today. Despite the excellence of the current 308, 3008 and 5008, they simply arenʼt selling in the numbers Peugeot would like them to.
    Enter the new-from-the-ground-up 508. Much like the C5 Aircross for Citroen, it marks a turning point for Peugeot in becoming an expert in niche. “Unapologetically not appealing to all, and in the process truly appeal to some” is how Peugeot MD Ben Farlow sees it ....."

goes on with inclusions (which leave sunroof and metallic paint as only options) notably 'adaptive dampers'. Is this distinct from what is touted elsewhere as Citroen's suspension innovation?
    The C5 Aircross piece mentions consideration of a 'Spacetourer' for limited release down the trackbut which i suspect means the Expert/C8/ProAce minibus?
    Last edited by fnqvmuch; 18th April 2019 at 12:16 PM.
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

But thatís the point as boring as 207 407 308 and late 307s were they sold well people wanted them and they had good price points.
    And compared to the competition had something extra to offer but if you compare a 308 with say Kia or a 3008 with a Mazda itís a harder sell.
    Shame the doors are closing

Garage C5 X7 3008 XTE
    Gone but not forgotten 206 GTI 180 306 XR SED 405 MI16 x2 xzara VTS 406 SV 206 XT Berlingo 2011 (best car ever) 306 HDI 307 XSE HDI touring
    Fix it right the first time

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    The C5 Aircross piece mentions consideration of a 'Spacetourer' for limited release down the trackbut which i suspect means the Expert/C8/ProAce minibus?
    The C4 Grand Picasso has been renamed the C4 Grand Spacetourer in Europe. So it may still refer to relaunching Picasso under the new Soacetourer moniker.

1000+ Posts

We certainly hope the C4P (Spacetourer) returns.

iLaguna likes this.

1000+ Posts

C3 Aircross -
    https://practicalmotoring.com.au/car...rcross-review/

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    We certainly hope the C4P (Spacetourer) returns.

https://www.goauto.com.au/new-models/citroen/grand-c4-picasso/driven-petrol-citroen-grand-c4-picasso-checks-in/2018-04-09/71497.html

From this article dating back to April 2018, the new upgraded C4 Spacetourer was about 12 months away from an Australian launch. But anything can happen I guess.
    Nagaman likes this.

Anyone looking for a 2017 built Citroen Dispatch? There are currently 10 for sale in Victoria. All come with a 5yr/200,000 warranty and 12months registration. Interesting that they're all September 2017 built and complianced in January 2019 and all are being sold as a 'Used Car', not new, even though most are saying they have less that 35km on the odometer.

Remember, 3 were sold in December 2018 and then another 17 in January 2019, according to VFacts, so I'm guessing these are part of that batch of 20 that we know of that were brought in to the country. I'm still mystified as to why they brought in a batch of the Citroen Dispatch, but will now sell the Peugeot Expert instead. Another rare Citroen on Aussie roads.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/citroen/dispatch/bluehdi-badge/?sortby=Price

What's also interesting, Redbook also display the new Dispatch on their web page in both auto and manual spec 1.6L Turbo Diesel from $34,490 + ORC, yet they don't list the new Peugeot Expert.

Last edited by iLaguna; 22nd April 2019 at 09:02 PM.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    Anyone looking for a 2017 built Citroen Dispatch? There are currently 10 for sale in Victoria. All come with a 5yr/200,000 warranty and 12months registration. interesting that they're all September 2017 built and complianced in January 2019 and all are being sold as a 'Used Car', not new, even though most are saying they have less that 35km on the odometer.

Remember, 3 were sold in December 2018 and then another 17 in January 2019, according to VFacts, so I'm guessing these are part of that batch of 20 that we know of that were bought in to the country. I'm still mystified as to why they bought in a batch of the Citroen Dispatch, but will now sell the Peugeot Expert instead. Another rare Citroen on Aussie roads.

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/cit...=0&setype=sort
    17 in January sounds like they were pre-registered (a sales fiddle) and thus factory warranty start date .........anything beyond is down to the dealership AFAIK.
    It seems Inchcape/PSA have changed their mind on which brand will do the commercial vehicles..........seems itís now Peugeot.

New article online:

https://www.motoring.com.au/citroen-...vealed-118161/

Confirms that C4GP, Cactus and Berlingo are gone.

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    New article online: https://www.motoring.com.au/citroen-...vealed-118161/ Confirms that C4GP, Cactus and Berlingo are gone.
    Interesting. They say the Aircross has hydraulic suspension which I presume is incorrect!! It'll have their half-way house system I suppose. It is $10,000 more than a base level Renault Koleos, which I gather are walking out of showrooms.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Thank God for my Hydroen harrisson_citroen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Interesting. They say the Aircross has hydraulic suspension which I presume is incorrect!! It'll have their half-way house system I suppose. It is $10,000 more than a base level Renault Koleos, which I gather are walking out of showrooms.
    I was about to say the same:
    First calling it a hydraulic suspension is a bit of an exaggeration, particularly when addressed to Citroen followers, who might conclude it is a full hydropneumatic supension, when really it is nothing like that.
    Second, I understand that the entry "Pure" model at $39k will not feature the "comfort" suspension, only the "Shine" model starting at $43K+
    Annotation 2019-04-26 135621.jpg
    DS Un jour, DS toujours !

1000+ Posts

I thought the 8 speed had been ruled out due to cost and we were to continue with the 6.

Quote Originally Posted by fnqvmuch View Post
    https://www.drive.com.au/news/new-50..._source=theage
    "New 508 to spearhead ambitious

Peugeot brand consolidation
    The French want to be market leaders in customer experience
    Well over half a century ago, Peugeot Australia cemented its reputation as a maker of bulletproof cars almost tailor-made to the challenges of the Australian landscape.
    But somewhere along the way, that reputation slowly died.
    The French Lion brand set an all-time sales record in Australia as recently as 2008 (selling 8807 cars) but the legacy of those ‘boringʼ Peugeots – the 207, original 308, ugly 407 and all their offshoots – lingers today. Despite the excellence of the current 308, 3008 and 5008, they simply arenʼt selling in the numbers Peugeot would like them to.
    Enter the new-from-the-ground-up 508. Much like the C5 Aircross for Citroen, it marks a turning point for Peugeot in becoming an expert in niche. “Unapologetically not appealing to all, and in the process truly appeal to some” is how Peugeot MD Ben Farlow sees it ....."

goes on with inclusions (which leave sunroof and metallic paint as only options) notably 'adaptive dampers'. Is this distinct from what is touted elsewhere as Citroen's suspension innovation?
    This from Russell Hall recently;
    https://campaignbrief.com/peugeot-au...-celebrates-u/
    grandC4picasso RHB, [email protected] , EGS6Sp, B58, MY 2012-2013 (?)

1000+ Posts

^^^^ re Spacetourer, I can see much point if we have the C5A coming. They are basically the same size including engine transmission.

1000+ Posts

The way things are threatening to go, the ICE car will end up a niche one.
    PSA/Inchcape need to be ready to supply what is going to be hot before much longer.
    https://www.drive.com.au/new-car-rev...-review-121220

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    New article online:

https://www.motoring.com.au/citroen-...vealed-118161/

Confirms that C4GP, Cactus and Berlingo are gone.
    I'd like to know what these 'several new models' that PCA will be releasing for Citroen in Australia from July this year? Are they already counting the C3, C3 Aircross and C5 Aircross?

1000+ Posts
    Last edited by Nagaman; 30th April 2019 at 09:03 PM.

1000+ Posts

No Cits in the news.

Page 33 of 35 First ... 2329303132333435 Last

Thread Information