INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 28
  • Register
  • Help
Page 28 of 29 First ... 18242526272829 Last
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Fellow Frogger!

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-brand-411666

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Advertisement
    1974 Citroen D Special (Blanc Meije)
    1989 Citroen 2CV 6 Dolly (Plum & Custard)

Previously owned Frenchies -
    1976 Citroen GS 1220
    1997 Peugeot 306 XSi
    1995 Citroen XM Series II V6 (Vert Vega)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gsowner84 View Post
    India is a RHD market and it doesn't plan on selling Citroens in India straight away. Citroen has just started testing the C5 Aircross in Chennai.
    Thatís what I thought re RHD India, so there could be a substantial case for us considering PSAís significant expansion plans.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    The internet makes it almost impossible to develop next gen versions without making life difficult for those holding Ďoldí stock such as the EAT8 replacement for the EAT6 autos .......that has to be addressed.
    EAT8 "addresses" those markets with restrictive vehicle environmental laws ó so not Australia.

I'd suggest that until such time as Australians care about restricting the environmental laws around vehicles, then EAT8 won't be a priority.
    Regards,

Simon

2018 308 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2014 208 GTi 2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

1000+ Posts

Err Iím not sure what you mean.
    I would have thought the international trend is dictating 8-10 speed autos as normal and 6 is regarded now as being so yesterday......?

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post

Citroen will start to sell LHD cars in India soon, itís part of their expansion plan. If they can churn out LHD cars from China for India, HK and therefore Australia too, that would have a positive impact on lowering local prices in Australia. But this is looking ahead over the timescale of years, not months.

Why would you want to send LHD cars to India . India is definitely RHD, and so is Japan, but isn't China (with the exception of Hong Kong) LHD? To drive on the LH side, you should have a RH Drive car.

Cheers

Alec

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    So we're now in March 2019, Does anyone know when Inchcape's grand re-launch of Citroen is happening?

Or have they done it already and I missed it?
    I'm guessing July 2019 we'll see the re-launch?

We already know there is examples of the new C3 Aircross and Dispatch LCV in the country already, well I'm only assuming, as there were C3 Aircross and Dispatch units registered at the end of 2018, but if they are waiting for the C5 Aircross, then July/August would be the time to re-launch the brand.

Plus there is also the upgraded C3 hatch due for release this year, but no word on the facelifted C4 Cactus.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

1000+ Posts

The dealership, for some time now, has had internal walls exposed to any rain (if only) from change in seasonal conditions, which made me think supply was imminent. Living in hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Why would you want to send LHD cars to India .
    Well, there’s me looking like an idiot for getting my “right hand drive” vs “right side drive” terminology well and truly mixed up. I think if you just read the opposite of everything I said it should make more sense!
    iLaguna, JohnW and Armidillo like this.

Well, there’s me looking like an idiot for getting my “right hand drive” vs “right side drive” terminology well and truly mixed up. I think if you just read the opposite of everything I said it should make more sense!
    Yes, I thought that's what you had done.

PSA may have announced Citroen will lead the group back to India, but it won't happen until 2021, so there is still a long wait. What I find interesting is that there won't be any Indian only/specific models, like what Renault, Nissan, Ford, Volkswagen and others do, just modified Indian spec versions of their current crop of vehicles.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Quote Originally Posted by dmccurtayne View Post
    What have they got to launch ?
    They really only have themselves to blame for not having cars in dealerships to sell, and not having dealers who are invested in the brand. The nosedive is all their fault.

Quote Originally Posted by iLaguna View Post
    I'm guessing July 2019 we'll see the re-launch?

We already know there is examples of the new C3 Aircross and Dispatch LCV in the country already, well I'm only assuming, as there were C3 Aircross and Dispatch units registered at the end of 2018, but if they are waiting for the C5 Aircross, then July/August would be the time to re-launch the brand.

Plus there is also the upgraded C3 hatch due for release this year, but no word on the facelifted C4 Cactus.
    Interesting if they are indeed waiting for the C5 Aircross. I expect that this model will be up the top end in terms of price so I wonder how that will actually play out in the market - "Citroen is back! Our new C5 Aircross with a drive-away price of $69,999."

Fellow Frogger

Haven't they publicly given some indication that the C3 Aircross will arrive in the first half of 2019 and the C5 Aircross the second? I thought that was mentioned a couple of pages back. It wouldn't make a lot of sense to hold everything back for one combined launch and just park stock in a shed until December.

The buyer doesn't really know or care about a 'launch', which is probably aimed more at the press. The buyer will mostly respond to what they see advertised or what is in the yard. I reckon they'll roll them out as they have cars available and time to give each model some individual attention. The C3 was delayed twice in late 2017, so plans can be flexible.

As I understand it, the C5 Aircross shares the basic platform with the 3008 and an Opel. Maybe, it's reasonable to look to the 3008 to get some idea of likely pricing? It might be a little difficult if the entry level is $70K and that's not where the 3008 is set.

I'm sure an 8 speed has merits, but 6 is fine and I struggle on with 3 or 4 in my cars. I can of course only use one at a time, so having 7 spare seems indulgent.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    As I understand it, the C5 Aircross shares the basic platform with the 3008 and an Opel. Maybe, it's reasonable to look to the 3008 to get some idea of likely pricing? It might be a little difficult if the entry level is $70K and that's not where the 3008 is set.
    I guess it will depend on which models are imported. Based on the UK pricing I've seen, the likelihood that there will probably only be one or two variants imported (like the C5) and Inchcape's tendency to price at the premium end of the scale with their other imports, I would not be surprised if we get only two models - one around $55K and the other somewhere between $65-$69K.

Fellow Frogger

Don't forget that PSA has been repositioning the brands slightly over the last couple of years. Whether they decide to place approximately competing models from the different brands at the same level or different levels will determine the pricing and specification chosen. PCA obviously have to make that assessment of where they hope to have the best chances for profitable volume here. Until they signal what might be available, we really don't know.

The C5 Aircross pricing might be some absurd, one car a month level or it might be more of a bargain to increase market share and brand awareness. I hope it's the latter. Or will they overvalue the PHC suspension and comfort seating compared to what the market thinks they are worth? It might also be smart for Citroen to offer an alternative of a single rear bench seats in place of the sliding rear three seat configuration. Adults may find them a fraction narrow and that might lose a few people.

1000+ Posts

Weíre looking after 3 children soon and the ability to bring the centre rear seat forward is an asset when it comes to niggles .
    Iíd like to think there are enough Australians who are over bland conventional cars.
    Having one in a mall would be an eye opener for so many who have never seen a CitroŽn up close.

1000+ Posts

JBN

I guess Citroen with its once magic carpet ride would fit in well with India's flying carpets. Sad to see a company that was once at the epitome of car design grovel to making replacements for Indian Morris Oxford Ambassadors.

One of the advantages of a firing squad is they kill off the target quickly.

John

I am one of the few people who have driven a LHD car in India and one of the even fewer that have survived. It does have certain advantages. You are closer to the pedestrians, goats and cows drifting out from the kerbside (no kerbs) which sharpens up the avoidance reflexes.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

1000+ Posts

Thereís an emerging middle class even in India.
    Just 1% would be equal to Australiaís.

dmccurtayne likes this.

SMM

Wasn't the C3 Aircross supposed to be launched in the first quarter 2019? Time is running out...
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 VTR

Previous Citroens: 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SMM View Post
    Wasn't the C3 Aircross supposed to be launched in the first quarter 2019? Time is running out...
    Weíre looking to bypass the ICE when the Kona electric actually appears along with some sort of competition in that field.
    I can see big changes in the Ďsecond carí field and our solar house is a perfect fit.
    It looks like the second half of 2019 is now more likely but will it , again, be too little too late?.

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    There’s an emerging middle class even in India.
    Just 1% would be equal to Australia’s.

it is over 100 million.

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gerry freed View Post
    it is over 100 million.
    Mad to ignore it.

It is not a question of ignoring it. Every major car company is active there and the market is already saturated with brands and models like Australia. They are making a late entry and it will be a tough call IMHO.

1000+ Posts

Iíd be trying to at least keep up by going the BEV route before thatís too late also.

Page 28 of 29 First ... 18242526272829 Last

Thread Information