INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 22
  • Register
  • Help
Page 22 of 29 First ... 12181920212223242526 ... Last
Like Tree360Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post
    That’s.... more than I thought for the C3. I mean I have seen absolutely zero of them driving around, I assumed they’d have sold about 30 of them at best.
    The C3 is about to get a price cut https://www.news.com.au/technology/i...0b1d3f7caaeb5d

Advertisement

Quote Originally Posted by turnbull151 View Post
    I'm happy to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they've been selling the C3 at those drive away prices for a few months now?
    Jinandfonic likes this.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

1000+ Posts

More on the European sales issues - Peugeot suffering big time:
    https://europe.autonews.com/sales-ma...rly-7-december

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icon11 South Korea show us how to sell Citroen/ Peugeot

Google translate is your friend. . .

https://theautomobilists.fr/2019/01/...-coree-du-sud/

Cheers
    Chris
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood View Post
    Google translate is your friend. . .

https://theautomobilists.fr/2019/01/...-coree-du-sud/

Cheers
    Chris
    Have something unique and attracting attention is very desirable in the Asian countries.
    Sadly a CitroŽn is almost unique on our roads.

Motorgnome likes this.

1000+ Posts

IMG_0433.jpg

Bug and hailstones delay imports.
    No mention of PSA though.

1000+ Posts

More French auto news -
    https://europe.autonews.com/automake...-clio-launches

What with the WLTP problems, and now stink bugs, seems a tough time overall to be importing euro cars. CitroŽn might end up actually being lucky riding this one out - by doing nothing, they are disappointing nobody; unlike pretty much every European brand where loads and loads of customers are delayed and frustrated.

Looks like the industrial action (yellow shirts) can only add to the French manufacturers woes. They’ll all ride it out, it will all be ok, and eventually we’ll be able to buy a C5 Aircross in Australia. (The sooner they can get back to thinking about bringing over the DS7 Crossback the better!)
    Armidillo likes this.

Fellow Frogger

The pre-Christmas Sydney hailstorm should help sales along as it's now a $700m and counting event with insurers claiming it will take up to a year to fix some cars. They will be writing off anything remotely marginal very quickly. In NSW that will mean instant statutory write-off (I/e/ parts only) for cars <15yo unless the owner negotiates with the assessor/insurer for a different outcome. This sort of waste is of course all fine and dandy while the nation generates sufficient income from sales of dirt and combustible black rock OS.
    turnbull151 likes this.

1000+ Posts

Unfortunately Inchcape isn't overly interested in repairing Cits quickly either. Of the hail damaged Citroen owners, how many will come back to the brand?

1000+ Posts

Imagine the impact more frequent Sydney hailstorm events will have on insurance renewals, particularly on street parked ones.

1000+ Posts

Street and driveway parked ones are the most likely to have sacks, blankets etc thrown over them. I have even used sheets of fibre cement and some masonite.

What's worse is being caught on the road in one of those storms, and even if you try to find cover - sorry, it's full.
    Berridale likes this.

1000+ Posts

[QUOTE=seasink;

What's worse is being caught on the road in one of those storms, and even if you try to find cover - sorry, it's full.[/QUOTE]
    I got stuck just short of a bridge on the western ring road and got hammered. The insurance company acted as if it was a scam claim. V odd.

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    The pre-Christmas Sydney hailstorm should help sales along as it's now a $700m and counting event with insurers claiming it will take up to a year to fix some cars. They will be writing off anything remotely marginal very quickly. In NSW that will mean instant statutory write-off (I/e/ parts only) for cars <15yo unless the owner negotiates with the assessor/insurer for a different outcome. This sort of waste is of course all fine and dandy while the nation generates sufficient income from sales of dirt and combustible black rock OS.
    The hit to premiums over the next few years will be immense.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post
    What with the WLTP problems, and now stink bugs, seems a tough time overall to be importing euro cars. CitroŽn might end up actually being lucky riding this one out - by doing nothing, they are disappointing nobody; unlike pretty much every European brand where loads and loads of customers are delayed and frustrated.

Looks like the industrial action (yellow shirts) can only add to the French manufacturers woes. They’ll all ride it out, it will all be ok, and eventually we’ll be able to buy a C5 Aircross in Australia. (The sooner they can get back to thinking about bringing over the DS7 Crossback the better!)
    You sure are an optimist!

Citroen is lucky because it has no customers??

1000+ Posts

When salespeople of all brands donít bother ringing you up it is a unique situation IMO.

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    When salespeople of all brands don’t bother ringing you up it is a unique situation IMO.

In the old days they used the saying "Peace in Our Time". On the other hand, if you enjoy being pestered..c'est le vie.

John

JBN

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    Imagine the impact more frequent Sydney hailstorm events will have on insurance renewals, particularly on street parked ones.

If you have an old car, putting a blob of a suitable contrasting paint in every hail dent gives you an interesting car to look at. You probably won't end up with any decent dents as most other motorists will see YOUR car. Makes your car easy to spot in a shopping centre carpark and not a contender for being stolen..

Johnl

1000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by JBN View Post
    In the old days they used the saying "Peace in Our Time". On the other hand, if you enjoy being pestered..c'est le vie.

John
    "Vie" is feminine - probably explains a lot .

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    So wasteful. I presume you mean cars greater than 15 years old not less than?

Our 306 was caught in the big storm in Perth a few years ago and Alex managed to find a tree to hide under, but still plenty of dents and broken glass. By pure luck, we had an agreed value policy that by pure luck was two weeks out from renewal (and value downgrade) AND the value was double what we'd have got selling it. So it was repaired. Pure luck. Other people I knew of had 2-year cars written off and of course lost the cost of depreciation big time.

People also don't realise that once you make a claim, you seem to have lost complete control of the process. You take your car for assessment, driving perfectly well and roadworthy, the company decrees it a write-off and you get a taxi home and wait for the money....

With commonsense, there are many dented cars that folk with less money would be pleased to buy for small sums. You see the odd amazingly dented car in Perth to this day - clearly the owners didn't claim..... I suppose anyway.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

1000+ Posts

It would appear that supply of the updated PSA vehicles might not appear until the second half of this year.
    The 8 speed auto 3008 GT and the e-THP 180 8 speed auto versions and, I guess, the C5 Aircross as well.
    Around that time the Kona and Niro Electric will released it seems.
    Inchcape canít take a trick.

1000+ Posts

Seriously interesting alternative to an ICE vehicle -
    https://thedriven.io/2019/01/14/hyun...h-than-my-ice/

Just going on from my last lot of figures for Citroen and Peugeot in Australia, I now have the complete break down and sales results for the two brands for 2018. It doesn't look great, especially when considering Inchcape had put so much emphasis and concentrated on rebuilding the Peugeot brand for 2018! There was also a couple of surprises as well.

Citroen Australia - Y.T.D (Year To Date) January - December 2018: 494 Units Sold - Down 32.8% on 2017 figures.

C3 - 122 Units Sold - Up 205%
    C3 Aircross - 4 Units Sold - A surprise showing considering it's still months away from it's official release here
    C4 Cactus - 85 Units Sold - Down 55.3%
    C4 Picasso/Grand Piccasso - 20 Units Sold - Down 88%
    C5 - 0 Units Sold
    DS3 - 0 Units Sold
    DS4 - 1 Unit Sold - Down 80%
    DS5 - 0 Units Sold
    Berlingo - 259 - Down 2.6%
    Dispatch - 3 Units Sold - Another surprise showing. I can't figure out yet, if these three had been hiding somewhere or Citroen have brought in 3 units of the all new model?

Peugeot
    Australia - Y.T.D (Year To Date) January - December 2018: 2,838 Units Sold - Down 16.3% on 2017 figures.

208 - 195 Units Sold - Down 49.4%
    308 - 395 Units Sold - Down 61.7%
    508 - 3 Units Sold - Down 97.9%
    2008 - 365 Units Sold - Down 37.5%
    3008 - 1,372 Units Sold - Up 38.7%
    4008 - 0 Units Sold
    5008 - 508 Units Sold - New Model
    SLC206 likes this.
    2016 Holden Astra RS-V 1.6L Turbo Manual Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive

2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Past Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Fellow Frogger

What are these based upon? Is it showing new first registrations or is it from a source showing 'sales' as reported by manufacturers / importers? Just looking at the 508 and because I was looking closely at a number of cars on offer during 2018 (screaming bargains and a worthy C5 substitute), I know for a fact that plenty more than 3 were sold during calendar 2018. However, many of those would have been treated as corporate/demo cars and reported to PSA as sold late 2017 with some only being first registered in 2018. Their first retail sale dates would have been firmly during 2018 and a few had turned up with as little as 5 or 7km recorded. So, the so-called 'cyber car' phenomenon (what demos can be) does make it hard to really know what's going on and ACCC reckon with some makes (not PSA brands) it's up to 1/3rd of cars sold.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    So wasteful. I presume you mean cars greater than 15 years old not less than? ....
    No, I'd meant scrapping the sub-15yo cars so easily was quite wasteful. The older cars have at least given a lot of service in most cases.

Page 22 of 29 First ... 12181920212223242526 ... Last

Thread Information