INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 17
  • Register
  • Help
Page 17 of 18 First ... 7131415161718 Last
Like Tree262Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Has anyone else got the email offering a price cut on service and parts, and extra roadside assistance?

Advertisement

It gives out the feeling that existing owners aren't flocking to the new dealers, who have
    Iíve only seen that offer relating to sales incentives to offload old new car stock....from what I recall.

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

1000+ Posts

No mention of buying another car. I got the message despite my cars being out of warranty. The fine print was
    Offers valid on CitroŽn vehicles with warranty start dates which are 3 years old or over. Offer ends June 30, 2018.
    I can't imagine many Sydney existing owners, particularly long term ones, being keen to give work to the new dealers - perhaps this reflects that.

Fellow Frogger

Yes, the Alexandria site has opened. It's less impressive than the promos might suggest, but they are open.

I have seen the e-mail being mentioned and it seems mainly aimed at 3 year+ cars since the fine print is indeed given as: *At participating dealers only. Offers valid on CitroŽn vehicles with warranty start dates which are 3 years old or over. Offer ends June 30, 2018.

The offer is essentially a $249 oil+filter change with a free 1 year roadside extension thrown in. Check the Citroen website for their current offers. I would expect the other filters and related labour etc. are on top of that, so you'd want to check what the offer detail is given it is well short of even the most basic capped price service. One issue with the roadside service is that you only get towed to the nearest dealer, rather than where you want it to go. NRMA etc. has some advantages there, but each to their own.

VFacts for April is out.
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/645597/...vehicle-sales/
    This article lists Pug 153 and Berlingo 10, but doesn't mention the Citroen total. It was about 30 in March and probably much the same in April.
    Last edited by David S; 5th May 2018 at 12:16 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

2018 MY cars have 5year/unlimited cover . FWIW

Fellow Frogger!

There is only the 7 seat Picasso and the commercial Berlingo in any case AFAIK.

Tadpole

According to the caradvice article in the comments:

ďNot the biggest month for Citroen. Their best seller was the Berlingo at 10 units, followed by the C3 (7) and C4 Cactus (3).Ē

So... 20 cars, 10 of which were vans?

Nice to see some C3ís sell - I mean not many obviously.

The Cactus is going to be a hard knock I think - they have a lot still on the caryards, and they will be superseded this year by a much better model (more conventional looks and better suspension.) So anyone really interested in a Cactus whoís done their research will be holding off - meanwhile thereís loads sitting in stock waiting to be sold at a loss....

Seems a bit of a mess.

The C3 Aircross is beginning to be advertised as coming soon. Itís an SUV so maybe it can convince the Australian market; it looks awesome. But it doesnít have AWD etc so itís really a fashion machine - this will have an equally small market. And it doesnít have the fancy new suspension that may just about possibly be Citroenís saving point in the future - the question will be if CitroŽn can survive in Australia long enough for the brand to fully reinvent itself.

The sales figures quoted above didnít mention any Grand Picassoís which is a pity as theyíve been pushing the new, cheaper Petrol model. That car seems to me a damn good buy - a lot of value in terms of tech etc for your dollar. And yet they have sold none?

But then a couple of months ago an interested buyer of the petrol model on Whirlpool couldnít even organise a test-drive of one in Sydney as none of the dealers had one in stock or could be bothered. They eventually gave up and bought something else - a customer who was begging to hand over their money and buy one!!! Seriously!

Still canít quite believe Continental isnít selling network anymore. Even in a bad month they mustíve turned over ten passenger vehicles in a month on their own without too much difficulty, surely?

Fellow Frogger!

The PSA salesman (the only one) didnít seem interested in trying when I checked out the 3008. Mid week, nobody else around and he couldnít wait to get back to his desk. What hope!
    The service department is completely different and welcoming.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post
    According to the caradvice article in the comments:

“Not the biggest month for Citroen. Their best seller was the Berlingo at 10 units, followed by the C3 (7) and C4 Cactus (3).”

So... 20 cars, 10 of which were vans?

Nice to see some C3’s sell - I mean not many obviously.

The Cactus is going to be a hard knock I think - they have a lot still on the caryards, and they will be superseded this year by a much better model (more conventional looks and better suspension.) So anyone really interested in a Cactus who’s done their research will be holding off - meanwhile there’s loads sitting in stock waiting to be sold at a loss....

Seems a bit of a mess.

The C3 Aircross is beginning to be advertised as coming soon. It’s an SUV so maybe it can convince the Australian market; it looks awesome. But it doesn’t have AWD etc so it’s really a fashion machine - this will have an equally small market. And it doesn’t have the fancy new suspension that may just about possibly be Citroen’s saving point in the future - the question will be if CitroŽn can survive in Australia long enough for the brand to fully reinvent itself.

The sales figures quoted above didn’t mention any Grand Picasso’s which is a pity as they’ve been pushing the new, cheaper Petrol model. That car seems to me a damn good buy - a lot of value in terms of tech etc for your dollar. And yet they have sold none?

But then a couple of months ago an interested buyer of the petrol model on Whirlpool couldn’t even organise a test-drive of one in Sydney as none of the dealers had one in stock or could be bothered. They eventually gave up and bought something else - a customer who was begging to hand over their money and buy one!!! Seriously!

Still can’t quite believe Continental isn’t selling network anymore. Even in a bad month they must’ve turned over ten passenger vehicles in a month on their own without too much difficulty, surely?
    I really like the C4 Cactus, especially in that Baltic Blue. I could be tempted, but knowing there is a much improved upgrade coming, it makes things interesting.

You can buy a 17 plate C4 Cactus auto for around $25-$26,000 dollars, the same as a 17 plate C3 hatch, so which one would you choose? And not to mention, the new C3 Aircross is also coming. I wonder where they're going to price that? The whole pricing structure is a mess and needs to be addressed.
    2013 Peugeot 2008 Active 1.6L Auto Wagon - Current Drive
    2006 Renault Megane Expression 2.0L Auto Hatch - Current Drive
    2013 Renault Latitude Privilege 2.0L dCi Auto Sedan - Past Drive

2008 Renault Laguna Dynamique 2.0L dCi Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    2002 Renault Laguna Privilege 3.0L V6 Auto Wagon - Past Drive
    1995 Renault 19 Alize 1.8L Manual Sedan - Past Drive
    2000 Volkswagen Polo 16V 1.6L Manual Hatch - Past Drive
    1998 SEAT Cordoba SXE 1.6L Manual Sedan - Past Drive

Quote Originally Posted by tonyfelix View Post
    But then a couple of months ago an interested buyer of the petrol model on Whirlpool couldn’t even organise a test-drive of one in Sydney as none of the dealers had one in stock or could be bothered. They eventually gave up and bought something else - a customer who was begging to hand over their money and buy one!!! Seriously!

Still can’t quite believe Continental isn’t selling network anymore. Even in a bad month they must’ve turned over ten passenger vehicles in a month on their own without too much difficulty, surely?
    Yes, it's a total shambles. They cut their leading dealer along with half of the network. It's really no surprise this it the outcome. However I don't think Inchcape care. If they did, they'd be doing something to grow sales.

I really don't get all this. Doesn't PSA want its Australian distributor to sell cars? I thought PSA and Inchcape were in the business of making money out of sales. It baffles me. Must go and find the new distributor(s) in Perth and have a look.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

On sales figures alone I would be surprised if any dealership could survive beyond the odd inner (large) city niche one.

Fellow Frogger!

Trade-ins could be disposed of via this coin-the-slot vending machine, from Singapore and the US -
    https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...ines-across-us

SMM

My wife drove past Continental Cars earlier this week and thinks she saw the place festooned with Renault banners?
    SMM

Current Citroen - : 1997 Xm Exclusive Series II, C4 VTR

Previous Citroens: 2006 C5, 1991 Xm Series 1, 1999 Xsara 1.8, 1988 Bx TRI

1000+ Posts

Their website hasn't changed - still claiming to be 'Exclusively Citroen'.

BTW - hadn't realised that Philip Adams has (or had) a C6 - Continental's website says so!

Fellow Frogger!

I am currently looking for a 2015 Picasso with one of the advantages being the 6 year warranty at the time. But, does anyone know for sure if the new distributors (or anyone else) are honoring this warranty?

Don
    Citroen DS21 Pallas 1970 Renault 16TS 1976 Renault 5TS 1981

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Their website hasn't changed - still claiming to be 'Exclusively Citroen'. BTW - hadn't realised that Philip Adams has (or had) a C6 - Continental's website says so!
    He's a national treasure. I vaguely recall he had one or more CXs too.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Renault Scenic 2006 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

SMM

Quote Originally Posted by Armidillo View Post
    Their website hasn't changed - still claiming to be 'Exclusively Citroen'.

BTW - hadn't realised that Philip Adams has (or had) a C6 - Continental's website says so!
    An old school mate of mine now owns Adams' former C6 - he loves it
    JohnW likes this.
    SMM

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by tresbon2 View Post
    I am currently looking for a 2015 Picasso with one of the advantages being the 6 year warranty at the time. But, does anyone know for sure if the new distributors (or anyone else) are honoring this warranty?

Don
    I would expect that Inchcape assume the liabilities along with the assets so, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by tresbon2 View Post
    Yes, they are honouring the warranty. However finding a dealer that has the knowledge to correctly diagnose and repair your car may be difficult. My Grand Picasso needed warranty repairs earlier this year. I took it to an existing dealer (Sydney City Citroen, since closed) but even they stuffed up the repair. The car was off the road for an extended period of time.

SMM

Quote Originally Posted by SMM View Post
    My wife drove past Continental Cars earlier this week and thinks she saw the place festooned with Renault banners?
    I floated past CC today. It would appear that they are spreading the love around. Banners around the place said "Continental Peugeot", "Continental Renault". Wish them luck and will continue to have my little fleet serviced by them.
    diesel pete likes this.
    SMM

Quote Originally Posted by SMM View Post
    I floated past CC today. It would appear that they are spreading the love around. Banners around the place said "Continental Peugeot", "Continental Renault". Wish them luck and will continue to have my little fleet serviced by them.
    Same for me - our little fleet of 4 will continue to be serviced at Continental.

InchCape remain a bunch of idiots.
    Berridale likes this.

1000+ Posts

Say a prayer for those of us with Tanaka airbags.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by seasink View Post
    Say a prayer for those of us with Tanaka airbags.
    But only if itís old enough to have been degraded by corrosion, as I understand it.

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by diesel pete View Post
    Same for me - our little fleet of 4 will continue to be serviced at Continental.

InchCape remain a bunch of idiots.
    To be successful in the long run theyíll need enthusiastic dealers who care about the brand. Therein lies the problem.

diesel pete likes this.

1000+ Posts

Nagaman, I would have been happy to have the airbags in my DS3 changed by Continental. It will be mandatory. (Continental is what this thread is about).

Alas, now I will have to chance it with an Inchcape dealer - not one here has my trust. The one nearest me couldn't even diagnose a thermostat failure in a Peugeot.
    diesel pete likes this.

Page 17 of 18 First ... 7131415161718 Last

Thread Information