INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 16
  • Register
  • Help
Page 16 of 16 First ... 61213141516
Like Tree244Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Fellow Frogger!

More on PSAís strategy and rationalisation -
    https://premium.goauto.com.au/reveal...aler-overhaul/

Advertisement

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Fellow Frogger

Nagaman, do you see this as consistent with the CarAdvice article you posted ...?
    INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    More on PSA’s strategy and rationalisation -
    Thanks for the link.

Ms Poelmann's fifth "truth": Savoir faire - a state of mind that comes from knowing you have made the right choice and your decision is validated at every touchpoint.

LOL. Over the past month my "touchpoints" with PCA have been terrible. Ms Poelmann's rationalisation has left me disillusioned with Citroen Australia and feeling that I made the wrong choice. As an existing customer, I've been left behind.

More on PSA’s strategy and rationalisation -
    The last paragraph of the article above:

“We are the only brand that can boast an all-French designed, engineered and built product. All of our line-up has this true French tenet – and if we get it right, then we will become a marque that is considered by a much broader audience.”

Considering the Picassos and Cacti are built in Spain, and the C3s in Brasil, and the Berlingos in Turkey; it sounds like this marketing strategy needs to learn a bit about their product... rather than making it up as they go along with fluffy marketing buzzwords.

None of their current line-up is built in France!

1000+ Posts

The whole article was business-waffle. It was hard to discern anything meaningful. It didn't address the dire state in Sydney - I doubt she has a clue about the servicing capabilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Foghorn Lebhorn View Post
    Considering the Picassos and Cacti are built in Spain, and the C3s in Brasil, and the Berlingos in Turkey; it sounds like this marketing strategy needs to learn a bit about their product... rather than making it up as they go along with fluffy marketing buzzwords.
    The C3 currently sold here is produced in the PSA plant in Trnava, Slovakia.
    Foghorn Lebhorn likes this.
    Regards,

Simon

2014 208 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by David S View Post
    Nagaman, do you see this as consistent with the CarAdvice article you posted ...?
    David, if you mean had they been genuinely rebuilding the brand over the last few years, then it must have been in complete secrecy from a potential customers point of view .
    Maybe it relates to dealership negotiations, otherwise Iíd want my money back being so ineffective.
    Dave

Greg and David S like this.

Tadpole

had they been genuinely rebuilding the brand over the last few years
    This has come up a couple of times from the interview in those articles. I think itís fairly clear that they are not talking about the brand in Australia - which has had no rebuilding over the past years, probably just general neglect.

They are talking specifically about the overall CitroŽn brand, which over the past few years has been given a very clear overhaul of strategy. Clearly identified design rolling out across the range, comfort being a primary marketing point and investment point - new suspension etc. It seems absolutely clear to me they have a new plan, an new strategy and a new philosophy, that has been developed over the past few years and will gradually take shape in the next few. (Who knows if itís successful or not.)

But this is what the reference in the interview is to rebuilding the brand - nothing to do with the Australian market itself.

Fellow Frogger

On my reading, the two articles just seemed to project confusingly different pictures of where they are really up to locally. No question the positioning and emphasis of each PSA brand globally has been reworked over the last couple of years. Previously, I'd listed three Youtube reviews of new models featuring interviews with senior PSA people who stated as much. If interested, you can revisit them via post 82 here:

With GM Europe now mixed in, PSA may well revise the brand positioning so as to work against non-PSA brands rather than cruelling the sales of each other with too closely competing products. DS is regarded as a higher margin product line, so eliminating the high margin lines from the lineup must work against dealer profitability. There is apparently no problem with local compliance even at very low volumes and the mechanicals and aftersales are already shared with other models, so it begs the question as to why they would not import on an order only basis for those prepared to pay.

(If you were hell-bent on privately importing a hybrid version not sold here, such as a the expensive DS5 part electric version, you could probably slip it in via the revised special interest import rules, assuming they have passed. Although the proposed rules were shamefully gutted by MP Paul Fletcher and friends, a DS5 hybrid would likely fall into the energy efficient category.)

Manufacturers spend quite a lot of money and time querying owners to build a picture of satisfaction, so constructive criticism should have value. (It's been given freely here!) The reversal re the canned long warranty was likely in part due to customer feedback, maybe even including some comments made here. If the 5 year warranty is like the former 6 year warranty, it will be an extension on the same terms. The fine print of some of the competitors' long warranty offerings and what they consider wear and tear and therefore will not cover makes them actually less worthwhile than the headline year count might suggest.
    Last edited by David S; 10th February 2018 at 11:58 AM.

Fellow Frogger!

My local dealer is principally a Mazda one.
    The first thing Iíd do is display the 3008 in a high foot volume shopping mall.
    I think it would involve cannibalism as far as the dealer is concerned .
    So who is he serving?.

Fellow Frogger

Indeed, if it is more attractive for them to sell a similar Mazda product vs a PSA product to a given customer, then I guess they'll push that. That is one of the potential problems of having competing products to offer under one roof. At month/quarter/year end, there can be a bonus hanging on the sale of just one more car of some sort/brand, so that's also a factor that influences the sell. It might even be worth taking a loss on one more car sale to get a bonus. As a buyer you can never quite know.

Some interesting avatars on this page now.
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

Management changes
    https://premium.goauto.com.au/peugeo...adership-team/

1000+ Posts

Mr Gradidge will have his work cut out with the Sydney shops they appointed.
    diesel pete likes this.

Page 16 of 16 First ... 61213141516

Thread Information