INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens? - Page 12
  • Register
  • Help
Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last
Like Tree204Likes

Thread: INCHCAPE To Show Us How To Sell Citroens?

Fellow Frogger!

Iíve read somewhere that Citroen commercial vehicles will be that brands priority.......(duck!)

Advertisement

Sent from my iPad using aussiefrogs

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Fair enough John. I doubt anyone stops to talk to folk who emerge from these inappropriate tanks. On the other hand, I can't go to the shops very often without whichever of our older French cars starting a lovely conversation. What social ice-breakers they are, unlike that exact black Audi you mentioned. I often see them sitting with the engine idling for God's sake, AC on full blast, and an unwilling child in the back buried in an electronic game. My wife does comment "old man shouting at cloud!" and maybe she has a point.

I agree the Citroen line-up is off the mark. Mind you, a while back we helped a friend try to get a barbeque into a Jeep of some sort, and the rear load space was pathetic, so heaven knows what logic people are using when they buy the things. Inchcape needs to sort out what that logic is though, if they want to sell cars profitably.

Here in Perth, Renault/Suzuki is taking over the old Peugeot/Citroen sales/service place in Osborne Park, a step up in size for the "north of the river" outlet, although a bit further off the car strip geographically. I've no idea about PSA north of the river, but not much interested at present truth to tell.
    When it comes to the ultimate in practicality, the C4P of mine will take a 3m/10ft piece of 4x2 inside. Itís an amazing piece of kit.

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by Nagaman View Post
    It sounds like they simply missed the sign-up deadline.
    No

I’ve read somewhere that Citroen commercial vehicles will be that brands priority.......(duck!)
    Yes, partly correct. The plan is simply not to have identical Peugeot-branded vans competing with the Citroen-branded vans. At least the parcels and tradie gear might expect a decent ride when seeing the nameplate!
    Greg likes this.

Fellow Frogger!

[QUOTE=David S;1548203] No

So what happened?.
    Did they simply change their mind?.

Tadpole

All that for nothing!
    Sorry if my post was misleading, what I meant was that the business will continue, servicing Citroens and selling used cars after the current new stock is sold. They aren't an official dealer any more due to Inchcape's loathsome decision.

Fellow Frogger!

I wouldnít be surprised if more new PSA cars are sold in Melbourne than Sydney.

Greg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by halfamill View Post
    Where are Aisin Gearboxes made in China???? Ref:Office Plant | About AW | AISIN AW CO., LTD.
    Aisin AW Co., Ltd. and China FAW jointly established Tianjin AW Automatic Transmission Co., Ltd. to produce automatic transmissions. The new company began commercial operations in March, 2005.
    Think Global - Ride on Spheres

Fellow Frogger!

I took the Citís books to the local Peugeot dealer for them to register it for warranty servicing.
    The dateís booked ok but he couldnít complete the Ďregistrationí process as the online registry isnít active until 1 January.
    Itíll be a shopping (provisions) day and a free(?) courtesy car.
    Checked out the new 3008 ....cos Iíve had the hots for one for some time, but came away feeling the cramped rear space and relatively poor visibility was something I could no longer put up with.
    If only the iCockpit had been used in the C4P too........not that I donít like the current display.
    The dealership is expanding towards the Mazda display area to incl Berlingo, C3 and C4.
    They will particularly welcome the Berlingo apparently because itís a significant hole that needed filling.

Fellow Frogger!

OK! Dropped into Sinclair Automotive Peugeot Penrith and behold, there are now Citroens in the showroom too; Citroen C4 Grand Picasso, C4 Cactus and C3 display cars. Looks like Peugeot/Citroen are a joint showroom in Australia but donít know if DS will also be offered on the same dealer network?. It would be a smart move to keep PSA products together in a very limited market as Australia, to grow vehicle sales, maintenance training & competence, warranty and parts support availability. Dealers say SUVs, Ďtradieí twin cabs and commercial vans are the Ďmoversí?
    I checked the Net, the DS 7 (SUV), DS 8 & 9 (Limo) are impressive! DS7 would be a Toyota/Lexus NX SUV competitor. The DS 8 & 9 look like limo vehicles probably plug in Hybrid or EV as the air intake seems limited. DS8 details released in 2018 - China?

Quote Originally Posted by halfamill View Post
    Looks like Peugeot/Citroen are a joint showroom in Australia but donít know if DS will also be offered on the same dealer network?.
    Nick Senior of Inchcape declared in August that DS will not be sold in Australia.
    Regards,

Simon

2014 208 GTi 2011 DS3 DSport
    ----
    2007 207 GTi 2004 206 GTi180 2000 206 GTi 1995 306 XT

www.peugeotclub.asn.au

Fellow Frogger

Quote Originally Posted by SLC206 View Post
    Nick Senior of Inchcape declared in August that DS will not be sold in Australia.
    They are certainly not importing at present, but have said they will revisit the DS question. The comments in the article you are probably referring to did seem to leave the door slightly ajar for special orders if you were prepared to prise it open with enough cash! If you are really keen and prepared to pay and go to the trouble, it might still be possible to sneak in a hybrid version as a private import under one of the few remaining limbs of the low volume import scheme after Paul Fletcher MP shamefully butchered it.
    Last edited by David S; 19th December 2017 at 03:08 PM.

Fellow Frogger!

Seems weíre in the twilight zone for dealerships because Citroen Australia has Ďoutedí our local Mazda/Peugeot outlet who arenít advertising the fact that they are Citroen agents also.

1000+ Posts

It's all pretty depressing. So far the only new Citroen dealer I have heard anybody approve of is Allan Mackay at Moss Vale (who has been servicing them for a long while). I wouldn't use any of the Sydney workshops.
    Last edited by seasink; 27th December 2017 at 08:51 AM.

Was speaking to my uncle the other day about the fate of Continental and was told that the reason Inchcape pulled the plug was that Continental would not go multi-brand (I.e. stocking Subaru or another Inchcape brand in addition to PSA). Don’t know how true that is but there was no way Continental could’ve squeezed another brand in...
    2011 Citroen C5 - 'La Barge'

1000+ Posts

Interestingly i put up a long thread on this thread a couple of weeks ago....got ditched !!!

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using aussiefrogs mobile app

Icon3

Quote Originally Posted by pekay49 View Post
    Interestingly i put up a long thread on this thread a couple of weeks ago....got ditched !!!

Sent from my HUAWEI TAG-L22 using aussiefrogs mobile app
    Unless I'm mistaken this is your first post in this thread

Could you be thinking of a post you made in the Peugeot forum?
    New Peugeot Dealership for Adelaide.

I see deleted posts

Cheers
    Chris
    Greg likes this.
    74 D(very Special) >>Rejuvenation Thread<<
    08 C5 X7 HDi very Noir

"Dťesse" Roland Barthes, 'Mythologies', 1957

The Dťesse has all the characteristics of one of those objects fallen from another universe that fed the mania for novelty in the eighteenth century and a similar mania expressed by modern science fiction: the Dťesse is first and foremost the new Nautilus.

(Umberto Eco [Ed], The History of Beauty, Rizzoli, NY, 2004)

Fellow Frogger!

Looking on the brighter side, Inchcape seems to have a reasonably positive relationship with the motoring press, so hopefully, in due course, there will be an end to this sort of subjective rubbish from Paul Gover (The Advertiser, 30/12/2017): "But Citroen is not a brand to recommend to friends, even with a great price, so best to use it to rank the other contenders." (Grand C4 Picasso in a people mover comparo.). Chris

Paul Glover -----obviously very biased against Citroen. I bet that he has never owned one! But then the nature of Citroen is either Love, Or, Hate Them!
    Cheers Gerry

I was recently overseas and had a C4 Picasso (5 seater one) as a hire car. Loved it - was a really good car. Packaging was great, handled and rode well and made a compelling ownership argument, given the wife and I are in the anti SUV brigade.

We came back to Australia and low and behold, you can't buy one here anymore. Yes, they were expensive - but not everyone wants or needs every bell and whistle under the sun in their car. A 1.2 turbo (which is a great engine) with a manual transmission at a 30K price point and the 6 year warranty = yes please!
    Greg, iLaguna and JohnW like this.
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Fellow Frogger!

Re Paul Glover; perhaps I should have declared my interest: as well as a '74 DS and '87 2CV, I have a 2015 C4 Picasso (5 seater).

Like STALLED - and various others - I really like my C4 Picasso. It was about mid-$40Ks on the road late in 2015; mine has all the extras except the electric tailgate. I guess in today's market that sort of price is on the highish side, but it is a very well equipped car - even has a (sort-of space-saver) spare. I'm not sure I would have bought a Grand Picasso had the 5-seater not been available, as I like the combination of relative compactness, space and manoeuvrability. I would probably consider the new Peugeot 3008 in the current circumstances. Chris

Quote Originally Posted by STALLED View Post
    I was recently overseas and had a C4 Picasso (5 seater one) as a hire car. Loved it - was a really good car. Packaging was great, handled and rode well and made a compelling ownership argument, given the wife and I are in the anti SUV brigade.

We came back to Australia and low and behold, you can't buy one here anymore. Yes, they were expensive - but not everyone wants or needs every bell and whistle under the sun in their car. A 1.2 turbo (which is a great engine) with a manual transmission at a 30K price point and the 6 year warranty = yes please!
    Find the right secondhand one, and it'll be pretty good buying I reckon. A bit like our Renault Scenics, NLA in Oz, displaced by a big SUV, the Koleos.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Quote Originally Posted by JohnW View Post
    Find the right secondhand one, and it'll be pretty good buying I reckon. A bit like our Renault Scenics, NLA in Oz, displaced by a big SUV, the Koleos.
    The FIL had a Scenic. Best car ever.

We even contacted Renault to see whether they would be selling them in Australia - unfortunately not. Odd, considering they originally sold rather well back in the early 00's!
    2005 Renault Clio 182 Cup

2011 Renault Megane 250 Cup Trophee - Sold

1997 Peugeot 406 2.0 Manual - On Loan

2004 Citroen C3 1.4 80th Anniversary (RIP)

Yes, the Scenics are great designs. The Series II didn't sell as well and the first Koleos vehicles were a similar size, but very ordinary design. The new Koleos is huge and the Captur is too small and they don't sell the Kangoo with two rows of seats in Oz. Rules me right out of a new Renault.
    JohnW

Renault 4CV 1951
    Renault R8 1965
    Renault Scenic 2005 (wife's)
    Renault Scenic 2007 (mine)
    Peugeot 306 XT 1995 (daughter's)
    CitroŽn CX Pallas 1980

National Co-ordinator, Renault 4CV Register of Australia

Fellow Frogger!

Quote Originally Posted by Citquery View Post
    Re Paul Glover; perhaps I should have declared my interest: as well as a '74 DS and '87 2CV, I have a 2015 C4 Picasso (5 seater).

Like STALLED - and various others - I really like my C4 Picasso. It was about mid-$40Ks on the road late in 2015; mine has all the extras except the electric tailgate. I guess in today's market that sort of price is on the highish side, but it is a very well equipped car - even has a (sort-of space-saver) spare. I'm not sure I would have bought a Grand Picasso had the 5-seater not been available, as I like the combination of relative compactness, space and manoeuvrability. I would probably consider the new Peugeot 3008 in the current circumstances. Chris
    Mine was brand new OR for $34k!
    Bloody tragic that so much for so little was simply unknown to the public.
    On E10 after 4500 kms itís averaging 5.3/100 ......so much for ďcrap fuelĒ!
    I canít think of a better family car for up to 5.
    Bit late now though.

Fellow Frogger!

Immm! My new Peugeot 3008 GT Line I picked up this afternoon has Inchcape as the importer on the documents (Build Oct 17). It also seems to have a revised software suit. It does things that I didn't know about especially in sports mode and in the maps area.

Page 12 of 13 First ... 28910111213 Last

Thread Information